STALKER Lost Alpha thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Labyrinth, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    MISERY 2.0 + patch 2 i think, best mod i ever played.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Had a quick blast, runs great maxed out, will have to get stuck into it when i get this one finished, which ill be starting after i get LL finished :p

3. Subaru Swift

Subaru Swift Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb STRIX OC
    lost alpha is a great mod & misery is great too after the newish patch, I spend a few hours on them when ever I can :).

also I am backing The SEED by the misery modders =

http://www.miserymod.com/?slider=the-seed

as I think this is going to be another great game off them.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  4. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    The Seed looks great

5. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    So misery and lost alpha are two separate mods by different teams? Which of the two offers new maps and missions? Or they both completely new in regards to that?
    What separates them from each other?

6. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    MISERY is a mod which changes content for Call of Pripyat (makes it harder, more damage, harder to find items and loot, different classes to start playing with as well as many audible and visual changes). It definitely is a top class mod.

Lost Alpha is a re-vision of what the original STALKER was meant to look like before the changes before it release. Many new areas as well as places found in different games. Its essentially a stand alone complete game. Plays a lot like the original STALKER (same story line with a bunch of differences but essentially the same spirit of the original story). I definitely recommend LA as its tits as ****. Even grab the S3r1ous Mod to add to even more bad assery.

7. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Anyone still playing Lost Alpha?

Just installed it + latest patch, clean install, deleted user.ltx before running, all good until I try switch it onto DX10, then I got a BSOD, rebooted.. got it to DX9 dynamic lighting etc but still can't get it going on DX10, the game just crashes.

Nothing wrong with my hardware (tested) and other games are fine.

Could anyone with an nVidia card give me a copy of their user.ltx and report what nVidia drivers they're using?

Edit: Ok seems to be working perfectly fine now with the current drivers (340.52).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  8. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

I recently got Sound Blaster Z installed in my system. I was wondering if Lost ALpha supports OpenAL audio rendering or does it only uses DirectSound ? If no OpenAL, can someone kindly point out how to setup the alchemy profile for it? I'd like to make use of my Z :p

9. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Can someone give me a no BS synopsis of mods needed? I heard mention above of Serious Mod. Is that like the "Stalker Complete" equivalent to Lost Alpha?

I don't want to deal with downloading a bunch of individual ones, so an overhaul would be perfect. Also, this will be my first play through (maybe only due to time).

Thanks!

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Really?

I ran the original STALKER games (all three of them) maxed out 1080p forced 8XAA, with the Complete mod for each game and they ran butter smooth well over 60fps.

However, this mod is a total mess. I installed the game, and installed the latest patch for it.

The game looks amazing for how old the engine is, the world is very dense with grass, lighting is amazing, etc etc.

But the game runs like crap. It has very weird issue where the game will spike down suddenly to 23fps or lower. I also checked GPU and CPU usage.

My GPU seems to be dropping down to 2D clocks and back up again and my CPU usage does EXACTLY the same. The game only makes proper use of 1 thread which is one minute at 99% load and then the next it drops down to around 20% load.

Very strange... anyone else with this issue?

What drivers are you using I am using the 14.x August 27th drivers... Might try the official 14.4 WHQL ones see if those improve things.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Last time I tried it @ 1920x1080 it ran nice and smooth too, I would have been running 14.4 back then too, been running them since they were released

Not so smooth at 6048x1080 though lol

12. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    I agree about performance; my game does not run very well.

I disabled "sun shadows", and that seemed to be the main culprit for me. However, this basically changes the entire visual atmosphere of the game.

I'll be investigating more tonight.

13. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I'm very happy with it.

Still running the 13.12 drivers.
    I get about 60-45fps generally, but after a few hours play, I notice I'm down to the low 20's.
    When i pop out of the game, and check GPU-Z, my GPU clock has dropped, sometimes its hovering around 400-500MHz, somestimes more, sometimes less.
    I've tried dropping the clocks back to stock, getting rid of any overvolting, but it still does it anyway, after a few hours.
    It can't be heat, the GPU and VRM's don't go above 42°C.
    It may be a bug in the game engine, a memory leak or something, that causes the game to slow down so much.
    The only reason i've been playing with trying to update the drivers, is so I can play Lost Alpha better (hopefull).

With all that, I have realised that every time I have tried to install new drivers so far, I haven't removed the overclocking software, or the overclock, which is probably why I have blackscreens on boot.

Got the 14.9 WHQL's and will be trying them out probably friday evening after having removed all overclocks and software.

There is no inbuilt benchmark tool is there in Lost Alpha ?

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    any link guys for lost alpha mod direct download , thanks..

15. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    How does Lost Alpha compare to STALKER 2012 COMPLETE Mod? Which one has superior graphics?

16. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Lost Alpha is an entirely separate game, it's not a mod.

17. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    How does it compare graphically to the Original game with COMPLETE 2009 (2012) mod? Also, from the descriptions I was reading, Lost Alpha is still the same STALKER game, but with additional and re-done content. I want to know if its graphics is better than the one in the original game when COMPLETE 2009 (2012) mod is used...

18. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Complete is a severely outdated and generally very ****ty mod, but yes Lost Alpha looks better because it's made on a newer version of the engine with DX10 support, which includes better lighting, grass shadows, dynamic wet surfaces and so on.
    And it's not the same game, it's based on an old STALKER beta before the game was even split into 3 (SoC, CS and CoP).
    It's a whole new game.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    For Clear Sky atleast, theres a Modpack at Moddb that takes the best of Complete and other mods and puts them all into one.

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/stalker-clear-sky-mod-pack-2012

For Soc - Autumn Aurora 2

For CoP - Misery. Though imo, CoP is the weaker of the three official games.

Havnt bothered with Lost Alpha since it was first launched, the performance is just to lowly.

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    having a problem with stalker clear sky+mod 2012, game is crashing to desktop after loading a newgame, any fix?
    [​IMG]