AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC3 (14.200.1004.0 August 11)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Vegitto

Vegitto Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 270X
    I was previously using the 14.4s but wanted better gaming performance for Wildstar so decided to try these RC3s. Overall, they seem pretty good for me in Wildstar and WoW but I have noticed (random?) moments of going to black screen for a second or two then returning to normal. I have seen this in game and also when just surfing the net. It doesn't happen often but a few times over a few hours, so far that I've seen. I am using a DVI cable. Not overclocked. It also doesn't seem to hibernate but I can live with that. I typically send the computer to sleep when i go to bed. I did notice the screen flicker from the logon screen to black over and over until i turned the monitor off then back on. Anyone else getting this and/or know of a fix? My main concern is the occasional going to black for a couple seconds at a time. In advance, thanks.

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    That seems a bit excessive versus the 25mhz the op lowered his to get rid of the blackscreens.

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

This doesn't explain why I only get the black screen on wake on Windows, and not Linux, with either Catalyst or radeon.

4. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Christ......I just forgot that only AMD has the RadeonPro utility......

You win again AMD.......you win again........

5. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Sorry i forgot to specify. I set only 2D memclock to 750Mhz. 3D memclock was 1500Mhz stock. Used VBE7 for bios editing. Now im running 1500Mhz all the time.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Memory voltage is the same in 2d or 3d so that isnt helping.

7. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    but seriously. We can't accept such things. Cards should run and perform well at stock speed. Where is this leading at when we have to downclock our cards.

8. fabiovtec

fabiovtec Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 270X @1270
    Your gpu is like the hottest girl in the planet and the cpu is the guy with one of the smallest d*cks. :3eyes:

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    lol. :D

10. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Better than a big d*ck and a ugly chick :thumbup:

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I can confirm that Left 4 Dead 2 is having a bad time struggling with these drivers with random squares in 2D (10x10) instead of proper smoke when shooting zombies or whatnot.

12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Dear n00b,

1) Did you ever take the ambient temperature into consideration when you suddenly noticed the jump in your temperatures? Most people downright ignore it, and suddenly starts yelling that their cards are overheating due to drivers, which simply isn't the case.

2) I can clearly see that you don't know how to read, and in my post I have clearly stated that I am apologizing to those who own legit games and are having issues, and I even went as far to say that the issues do exist and that something else could be triggering them. I did read that by reverting back to an older driver, the issue seemed to have been fixed for some. But while owning the same GPU (HD 7850 in this case, you seem to own one from your gadget list) if a certain driver combination causes issues for one user, and works perfectly fine for another, then it could only mean that it's not the driver, but something else is triggering the issue for the user who's experiencing glitches or artifacts. And I think I have stated this too that I have played through some of the titles that were claimed to be affected by artifacts from numerous sources, and didn't face any!

3) The piracy thingy is indeed a concern, when you see folks flooding the forums complaining about a game that runs choppy on AMD GPUS while the game is yet to be released officially (like Watch_Dogs, the forums were flooded with complaints before the game was even officially released) AMD's drivers aren't the best, but aren't as bad as some people make them out to be. I have seen people moan about AMD dropping support for Windows 8 in their recent drivers, now why would you still be on Windows 8 if you have a free upgrade path to Windows 8.1? Guess I will never know. :nerd: Too lazy to download a torrent, maybe?

And one more thing, I think I have used PCs way longer than you to be called a n00b, I still own a fully working Pentium II 450 Mhz coupled with an AOpen 440BX motherboard which works flawlessly with Windows ME and Windows 2000 and is mostly used to teach kids how to use the MS OFFICE and the other basics. As I have said, I am a part time miner, who is also focused on gaming. While you are busy ripping AMD a new one by cursing their driver team I brought home two more cards, A Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X OC 3GB, and a Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB, running on a freshly installed OS with all the updates on a system coupled with a Core i7 950 and a Gigabyte X58, and I have no issues on that pc with these cards whatsoever with the same games people are nagging about, because unlike some of the ignorant n00bz that fill their PCs with bloatwares, I keep my system clean. 3rd party GPU tools, often cause more problems than you could ever imagine, even AMD's savior Radeon PRO makes gaming unstable at times.

And just for the record, I am just one person. I can't be noobs

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  13. Gaz

Gaz Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290X WindForce
    In Power Settings, set to never disable monitor. It worked here.

14. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Black screens?.. heh since 14.7 rc3 ive been getting white screens that last like 20 secs when ever i quit out of bf4 (mantle) lol

15. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Nothing to say for my 7970's (CFX) .. Well outside BF4, i dont play much but all fine so far.

16. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Or like having 2 girlfriends, but can only handle 1 at a time.
    EDIT: You didn't provide any numbers to compare or GPU/CPU usage stats so I can't tell.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  17. rdtmk

rdtmk Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    Just wanted to say that the 14.6 and 14.7 beta drivers definitely increase GPU temps.

I've had a Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 for about 2 months now and when I installed it I first installed the 14.6 beta drivers. Then the 14.7 beta drivers. Both gave me about the same GPU temps.

Yesterday, I ran a driver cleaner and did a clean install of the 14.4 drivers. My idle temps are now about 5 degrees lower and my load temps are about 8-10 degrees lower. I still score identical numbers in benchmarks (except in the Tomb Raider benchmark where I lost 1 fps off my average compared to 14.7).

Going to be sticking with 14.4 until AMD can remedy the heat issue with their newer beta drivers.

18. shadowdracos

shadowdracos Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X Ref.
    Recently purchased a reference Sapphire R9 290X, coming from SLI GTX 550Ti's. 14.4 was giving me all sorts of hell with blackscreens and BSODs.

Uninstalled cleanly and reinstalled into 14.7 RC3 and it seemed like every bad thing went away.

Can't really explain why, and it certainly doesn't speak for everyone else's accounts.

That's just my two cents.

Oh on side note, for Sapphire owners, if you update to 14.7 RC3, you'll notice your TRIXX software fan profiles start to work better, even though MSI Afterburner uses the same API and the performance for it didn't change.

19. SVillaF

SVillaF Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 290
    In my case, I didn't have any problem with the drivers, but I still had to copy the dlls to GTA Vice City folder to play it without the rare stretching textures that seems to appear in some games, especially DX9 games.

20. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    These drivers work good for me.
    I tested with Sniper Elite 3,Risen 3,Civ V,Sniper Elite v2.Only issues are in Nfs Rivals:mountains have some glitches and insane flickering.
    In 14.4 i have problems in Civ V when at any refresh rate after playing about ~10 min the screen has "restarted" and apear screen tearing.
    But by far the best drivers for me(i never be a beta drivers fan) are 14.3 beta_b22_march12.