Getting constant, random BSOD with 14.4, 14.6.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ELCID777, Aug 12, 2014.

1. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    I'm getting extremely fed up with this crap. It's been happening for a while and I've just ignored it, but it's really starting to piss me off now.

EVERYTIME I'm on Twitter and I come across one of those vine videos, I get a BSOD within a few minutes if I don't exit the page.

Today, I realized that even watching Youtube videos gives me a BSOD, and sometimes, even just random browsing produces them. I am sick of having to hard reset my PC.

WTF is up with these ****ty drivers lately? I never experienced these at the level that I am now, not with any of the past betas/drivers. I installed 14.6 about a week ago and have literally experienced 8 or more BSOD's now.

It's ****ing annoying. :bang:

What can I do to stop them?

Edit: For what it's worth, I always make sure to do clean installs before installing new drivers, and my OC 2500K has been stable for a couple years now at 4.5GHz. It's most definitely driver related.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Turn HW acceleration off in flash. It is a common problem (though not one I have had).

3. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    This issue has nothing to do with the drivers. The problem is that the video card is 1. you have it overclocked to high 2. if not overclocked turn up the fan speed and also possibly lower the gpu,ram speeds.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    This ^^

It's a known issue, disable Hardware Acceleration in flash player and all will be stable again

[​IMG]

5. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    I've solved the issue by turning off HWA.

Thanks guys.

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I thought that but in flash had been resolved. Did it do it with the 14.7's? What version flash is it?

7. Anvi

Anvi Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    Unfortunately these crashes occur when watching HTML5 videos such as vimeo. You can't turn off H/W Acc from HTML5..

Also using DXVA in MPC-HC causes BSODs. I've reported these issues several times to AMD and nothing happens.

8. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    You can, Chrome support to disable HTML5 video hardware decode, for Firefox, they don't used hardware decode yet, as they don't fully supported H.264.
    It is at the flags, and you can check for it on chrome://gpu/, which is shown as Video Decode.
    chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-video-decode

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It's done it with sh1t loads of flash versions and sh1t load of drivers builds, never been fixed afaik

10. Anvirol

Anvirol Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    Okay, thanks for the info. Unfortunately Firefox HTML5 is causing the same BSODs even if there's no hardware acceleration implemented.

If anyone is planning to build AMD htpc, it seems like a bad idea.

I will celebrate AMD's 30th anniversary by buying AIB nVidia GTX 880.