Is it worth getting Diablo 3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by HonoredShadow, Aug 15, 2014.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I like that sort of game but I have heard bad things about Diablo 3.

I was just wondering if all the issues were fixed and people now think it's a good game?

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The game had a lot of issues on launch and improved steadily over time. Since the release of the expansion (Reaper of Souls) I would say it's in a brilliant state and well worth investing in, that's coming from a big fan of the genre in general.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I just got it, nothing i imagined it would be but still fun at it's on way. I've been playing Path of Exile for quite some time so i though i will give it ago. Maybe you should do it too...

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Path of Exile is great as far a character creation goes, but falls short beyond that in my opinion. I did really enjoy the game, it's shockingly good for a free to play title. Better yet it does F2P right, cosmetics only. I would rate D3 (at least since the launch of RoS) as the better game.

5. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Just installing path of exiles actually. Do you have to play diablo 3 with other people or is it ok alone?

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I finished it the first time through playing solo, I'd say you can do it anyway you want.

7. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    D3 is decent now. Its not D2 still, but not as horrible any more since the expac.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Definitely. I bought it when it was on discount prior to the expansion's release and it's fun.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    PoE is probably hands down the best F2P game out there at the moment. Next to Loudout if you want a faced paced third person arena style shooter with a levelling system, tons of gun customisations then that game is for you. Also its F2P model is also only cosmetic only, which I love when they do that as it doesn't make it "pay2win".

PoE is great fun, a little hard to get into at first, that tech tree man.... that damn tech tree!! o_O you will understand when you see it and scroll out with mouse wheel! lol

PoE is great solo but really really needs a team to get the full potential, just don't go onto Twitch and watch the stream of peoples character builds.. will make you sad when you see your own lol ;)

As for D3, I love it also, PoE is better mainly because it offers exactly what D3 offers but for no cost.

D3 for me anyway is too easy up to expert, that is then where it gets much harder and at least two people are needed. Just built a Crusader up to level 38 playing on expert and I am destroying everything in site. With loot 2.0 you get waaay better drops now, on the first Act I got 14 legendary items drops lol

10. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Cheers for that dude. Downloading Loadout too!

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Never had that issue myself, depends entirely on the person and the class/build.

12. stillmatic84

stillmatic84 Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 OC 10g
    Yea with Reaper of Souls the game has gotten much much better and patch 2.1 is supposed to come out in a couple weeks which will add Seasons and Greater Rifts for more endgame content. Game is definitely worth a try now.

13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    D3 is one big POS!

It doesn't deserve to be called Diablo.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    PoE is much better, a real sequel to D2 but you can't say D3 is bad. It's decent after new expansion.

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    POE on the outside and early into playing is great.. but over time, all of the extremely crappy things about it will break you down until you will just quit. That is, if you ever want to get anywhere high level with it.

At least, for me, it was a test in frustration that got worse and worse over time.. I put in over 500 hours before I finally stopped wasting time on it. Now I play Grim Dawn (over 700 hours atm) and I have no signs of stopping.

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Diablo3 as a standard hack and slash RPG is decent in that regard but as for the story it is terrible in comparison to D2.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    D3: RoS > PoE in pretty much everything that matters. PoE fails with cumbersome, irresponsive combat and becomes boring once you hit around lvl 70. For me. Personally.

nobody buys ARPGs for story, these games are all about loot. D2 "story" was meaningless too.

Have to agree, exactly how I felt, PoE just gets boring around lvl 50, then around lvl 70 there's just no point in playing. Also agree on Grim Dawn, much better game than PoE, only it's not free but I'd rather pay for something good than play a free turd.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  18. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Why?

I've never heard of Grim Dawn. Will check it out now.

What about Divinity: Original Sin? Popped up on Steam the other day.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Grim dawn is well worth checking out. Divinity is a completely different game.

20. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    if u can, play D3 coop, it's a lot funnier that way. solo is ok but gets kinda boring. i've already finished the game included the expansion but i haven't touched it since. the bounties are fun but they get repetitive.