TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Sweetfx can drop the frame rate, but it shouldn't be too noticeable during gameplay.

2. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    sweetfx doesn't work on win 8.1 is all i can say..., im pretty much done with this mod i thank every contributer that has worked on this ! had much fun ! now we wait for another game to play... but... the worse if u ever feel like hey i can do much more with this game go ahead ! gives us a reason to play the game again real soon ! :D thank you again !

3. Network24

Network24 Guest

GPU:
    860M 2GB
    I'd post a link to the page that helped me get it working but I don't have enough post. I can send it to you if you'd like

4. Network24

Network24 Guest

GPU:
    860M 2GB
    Yea it doesn't bother me, just something I noticed. By the way, do you use high, low, or minimal fog?

5. RavenousSix

RavenousSix Guest

GPU:
    MSi GeForce GTX N770 2Gb
    All I did was download the 1.0 Final mod from the link on the main page and replaced the 2 patch files.

I started up the game and I noticed that the fog was super thick and the view distance was way shorter, as in the buildings that are far away were being blurred out and the textures are not clear unless I get up close.

I reverted back to the stock patch files I backed up and went back to the stock game. I would love for it to look like it does on the blog before and after screenshots.

6. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I use my own settings in the personalized mod I released on Steam, it has new fog levels. Somewhere between minimal and low, seems like a good balance.

What settings did you pick though? There aren't replacement patch files in the download now, you add the options you want and install the mod using the mod installer. By default I think low fog and low bloom come installed. Level of Detail is set in the default renderer, which unless you downloaded my downscaled version for lower gpu's, I left untouched.

If you want the same settings as TW's comparison shots on his blog than you want High bloom and fog, and everything that's listed as TheWorse mod (though other than bloom, fog, light pollution, and environment lighting everything else is already installed by default). This how ever will likely be even more fog than you currently have.

7. Network24

Network24 Guest

GPU:
    860M 2GB
    Ok I'm gonna them out and see how they look. Also want to try your SweetFX preset too. What level do you set your brightness to for best results with your preset?

8. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I set the calibration to 30, but I'm also using an HD tv instead of a monitor. Once you're sure sweetfx is working properly it shouldn't be hard to properly calibrate though if yours needs to be higher.

If it helps without sweetfx I originally had it set to 20-25.

9. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Awesome to see you around man :)

10. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    Where can I download TheWorse Mod with TonyMBR's Improved Maldo Textures? I hear they drastically improve performance. Is it compatible with the latest patch?

Last time I tried TheWorse Mod, a lot of places were way too dark. For example, some gun stores were unrealistically too dark on the inside and it was impossible to see. This is why I am always skeptical of mods because they target specific places and moments, like cars @ night, but that breaks a bunch of other places, like Gun Shops.

Is there a way to greatly increase the View Distance and reduce fog, like in Lunaya's Enhanced Reality 3.1 - Extra HQ Mod?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014

11. irat

irat Guest

GPU:
    760GTX
    mine works now :D awesome but still dark places too much dark but yes awesome and great work :D

12. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Here :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/243470/discussions/0/43099722142040818/

You have to do some configuration though. The flaws you described are corrected there. Just download the main mod, not the customizable. You'll just have to adjust a few features, mainly textures.

13. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    lol thanks man. Most of my modding time usually goes to FFVII, which is the first game I started out modding, since I can work more on graphical mods like HD models.

It sounds like you're using enhanced environment lighting. It can cause it to get really dark at night, borderline pitch black. Use the default setting in either configurable mod and that wont be an issue.

I adjusted the fog with new settings in my personalized mod, somewhere between the low and minimal settings. The LOD is set in the defaultrender.xml, this has been enhanced in TW mod, but not to the extent of Lunaya's HQ mods. If you want those levels of detail and effects you can unzip any of his mods to use his xml if you like, but be aware that Ultra is mainly the one that's overhauled (high is basically turned into ultra) and you'll need some serious processing and gpu power, like SLI or Titan level.

It sounds like you're using enhanced environment lighting too.

14. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    You could also change the Adaptive HDR change for the Gunshop and adapt it to your mod and rebalance it correctly ;)

15. DeDeMouse

DeDeMouse Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    Hi Cru_N_cher, can u upload your settings please?

16. amriehairil

amriehairil Guest

GPU:
    intel hd graphics
    Best Version For High Peformance

Hi All I just want to say Thanks You very much because make the the worse mod i just want to know what is the best version for high perfomance for low end pc i dont care about graphics anymore unless i got playable fps while playing WD
    I already try v1.0 is laggy something so i try v0.8 and 0.97c and 0.97b this three version give me a little Fps so where is better v0.8,0.97c.or0.97b or other version i dont try yet please reply fast Thanks you very much
    sorry for my english because i for asia

17. RavenousSix

RavenousSix Guest

GPU:
    MSi GeForce GTX N770 2Gb
    I didn't use the installer (didn't know there was one). I just used the old method where you just copy the patch.dat and patch.fat in Watch_Dogs\data_win64.

I start up the game and the fog is super thick and view distance is real short.

18. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    You must be using the official TW mod you downloaded from here or TW's blog, so I cant help you there. If you want alternate options you have to use my updated versions with configurable options, including fog.

19. irat

irat Guest

GPU:
    760GTX
    nevermind sold my issue :D :banana:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  20. Khan213

Khan213 Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990
    Have u any blog or forum for modding the games like Skyrim or FFVII? Can u give me link? so I participate in your forum.