Watchdogs - other things to mod now

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by wunkley, Jul 29, 2014.

1. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Now that the watchdogs mods seem to have peaked in terms of visual tweaks, and performance can also be fixed to a degree with a lot of effort and a bit of compromise, is it now time to concentrate on modding a few other basic things?

Things I would request for any talented tweakers out there to look at would be:

1. More interaction with the environment.

- Why are there no foot splashes when aiden runs through puddles? Or when cars drive through puddles?
    I wonder if this could be added. I noticed when aiden runs through fountains/ shallow water areas in the city there is a slight splashing animation, but it's not very good.
    - the really basic thing of firing a weapon into water. No splash!

2. Being able to pan your view left and right more than about 3 degrees when inside car view!

There are probably more that I can think of, but that's enough for now. Anyone else?

2. NightHunter

NightHunter Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 650TiBoost
    Well,here's exactly about second point.
    I was thinking about making gunshot sounds louder, but there too many files(about 15 000) to find those which are responsible for shooting(i already dropped ~1000).

3. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I am wishing that somebody would make Players able to sit on bends/chairs.

Would be nice for multi.

4. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Aaaahh. Didn't realise someone had done it already :)

Thing is, I like the current DOF settings for my current mod set up (Lunayah HQ warm), if I use Yizans cameracontext.lib file, it will totally overwrite my current one will it?

Does anyone know how I can keep my current DOF settings but just add looking left and right in cars?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014

5. younggun

younggun Guest

GPU:
    780 Superclocked
    HUD mod. I get so annoyed at those sudden popups of nearby crime activity(and w/e other nonsense it throws in your face). I don't care, let me find them on my own!
    Can we turn them (and the sound) off?

6. Hristi

Hristi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 2GB
    I love those random encounters. Hope someone makes a mod that increase the chance of it happening. Gotta love chasing those thugs.

7. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    We have textures and configuration files; not a creation kit.

You ain't gettin' no splashies until (1)we can inject/execute custom lua scripts (2)we find someone proficient in the language who gets a real hard-on from puddles

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  8. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Better looking textures. Some are on par with games like Black Flag and Crysis 3, others look really last gen.

9. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned but i would like the volume of the game increased if possible.
    It is so damn low that i have to turn up the volume on my amp quite a fair bit just for this game.

10. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    + 1
    I play on an eyefinity setup and i'd like to custom it (position, size ...)
    Same for the map which is too big.

11. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Getting into this tweaking/ modding lark now :)

In case anyone is interested I've blended Yizans in car look left and right look ability with the much lighter (my preferred) DOF settings of SuperSouravs. Here's the download for the cameracontext lib file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!Q9VCVbbS!vhzJ0JfN2ngrL3FxbhlumRUrFyy0_ulQZpJdhmg6OR0

Would anyone know how to zoom the in car FOV slightly for certain models. I'm playing on a 21:9 monitor and the ultra wide view messes up the side bar/ roof view for a few car models. Zooming in a bit will fix it, but I don't know how to understand the values in the car lib files - it's all binhex long number/letter strings...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  12. Hlavson

Hlavson Member

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    Can someone make a mod, that will disable camera shaking when car is accelerating or when top speed of the car is reached? It really destroys that nice picture fidelity and it looks like stutter. I will love person, who will disable this. Thank a million. :banana:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  13. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    To revive this thread im gonna post two ideas if got .
    1. Adaptive Civilian Density

Would be awesome if someone could make a mod that changes the Density depending on Daytime. For example in the early Night there are still many people up but in the late night 3 - 4 o´clock there are very few people up and the streets are kind of empty. ( Just as in the last seconds of the E3 2012 Gameplay Demo )

2. Dot Connexion 24 /7

It would also be cool if Dot Connexion would be always open and even more realistic if it would be closed in the morning and early afternoon.
    But having it open anyway would be great. :)

I hope there are some cool modders out there who get this stuff working ;)

14. DimitriTech

DimitriTech Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 660 FTW
    I'd really like all the places in the story missions available in free roam too. It sucks that once you beat the game you cant go back to any.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  15. Painkilller

Painkilller Guest

GPU:
    nVidia680m 2gb in sli
    A mod to make the game more fun.

16. xiaoxiao921

xiaoxiao921 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8570
    we can inject lua script since one month but the thing is nobody care.

17. BossMafioso

BossMafioso Guest

GPU:
    7970ghz
    About the DoF you can try my second upgraded DoF, how someone said "the gameplay dof" I also add the unlocked inside car camera, but with 90 degrees for both sides, near dof for aiming and E3 camera
    http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/36917834/file.html

And about the Adaptive Civilian Density it's in game by default. The mods which increase civilian density increasing it only for moments when in vanilla is small count of civilians, because in vanilla in file Civilians.50_ExtraHighDensity.xml value is set to 1 so it is minimum value(smaller value = higher intensity), they only change value for files like Civilians.30_HighDensity.xml or Civilians.20_MediumDensity.xml to get more civilians. I did try set the ExtraHighDensity to 0.5 but i did not notice difference than 1.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  18. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    How would I install this? (BTW I am using supesouravs e3 mod just incase it conflicts)

19. nykun

nykun Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Hi Boss :D
    Can you make lens flare effect to sirene lamp in police car? red and blue light...
    check this video boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBh4QzZKz4

Thanks.

20. BossMafioso

BossMafioso Guest

GPU:
    7970ghz
    Look it's not real anamorphic lensflares
    [​IMG]
    It's more something like that
    [​IMG]
    but in free time maybe I will try do something with it. :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014