benq xl2411t dying

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by FiENDO, Jul 4, 2014.

1. FiENDO

FiENDO Guest

GPU:
    evga 670 2gb
    hey

i think my benq is dying but i want to be sure its the monitor frist so i will explain.

since 2 weeks ago the monitor stated flickering a lot but only after reset but today it completely block all the vision, i cant see anything, so i started on security mode and it was ok again.

installed new windows and got no problems but notice that when i change the lighting from 60% to 20% the monitor flickers again.. i put it again back to 60 and it stays ok..

srry for bad english but i will record a video and upload so you guys can see the problem.

the monitor is almost new, got it last year and never touch it since then, i will change the power cable and test it with a vga cable but i think it wont change anything since when i change the lithining the panel just goes full white.

2. FiENDO

FiENDO Guest

GPU:
    evga 670 2gb
    so i finnaly found my camera and i can explain whats going on with the monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD-0XWsideE&feature=youtu.be

1- the monitor flashes under this refreshes (100/120/144)

2- under 60/85 hz its ok but when i lower the brigtness it happens just like 144hz.

3- i test the colours and it only happens on the black colour (test it with lcdtest)

4- some games work at 144hz (bf4) but again on dark areas the monitor flashes with white lines.

5- i dont have any idea why this is happening but 1 i used to have zero motion blur tweak and i trie to overclock to 4k on the nvidia panel.

i can only see this artifcts with a camera, screen shots is ok.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Sound like possibly an issue with the PWM function of the backlight. Either that or it's the video card. Have you got another means of trying out the monitor on a different video card?

4. FiENDO

FiENDO Guest

GPU:
    evga 670 2gb
    ty for replying.

i did test with another cable and gpu and the problem remains.. the real problem is the colours.. i did a test that displays 5 colours

red- didint flash
    green- didint flash
    blue-didint flash
    purple-didint flash
    black-boom monitor goes full static with white lines.

i can only reproduce this at 100hz cause i can see part of the screen but at 120/144 its completly shutdown, i cant see anything.

i dont have the knolgde to know what it but i think its nothing to serius.

5. akakakak

akakakak Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 8go
    Bumping this thread cause I have the EXACT same problem, even watching his youtube video make it happen to me.

I cant find any solutions anywhere, even when people make a thread about it, no one even ever answer, so I wanna try my luck here. Anyone who can come up with a solution?

It would be so awesome, inb4 thanks.

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Sounds like some kind of backlight issue. If the monitor is under Warranty it is your best bet to send the monitor in for repairs or get a replacement.