TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. S1Lent40

S1Lent40 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780 ACX 3g
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. cgpyromaniac

cgpyromaniac Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti 2GB
    So I configured my own mod and every now and then I get glares from the environment lightings. If I'm lucky, the glares go aware and the graphics look sweet~ But when I use cmh175's settings, I don't get the glares :( someone enlighten me pleasee!

3. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    You are THE man! THX!!!

4. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    Can someone upload the new wd profile (nvi nspector) that comes with 340.52 drivers? For some reason i can't install the new driver and i'll keep 337.88

thx in advance!

5. zatoichi23

zatoichi23 Member

GPU:
    Msi 770 2GB
    tadaa.

Smooth now. Night time in the rain should be as hard as gets and no stutter.

Speckles on Aden in car headlights though. Think I've heard others reporting that and will search threads for the fix.

6. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    SLI bits for Watch_Dogs in the 340.52 driver is 0x0E0020F5 . This is all you should need probably

7. RavionHD

RavionHD Guest

GPU:
    HD7870
  8. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    you might try turning on alphatocoverage in gamerprofile.xml it adds more aliasing to vegetation

9. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    I want too! But you know what specefic file is the responsable for the grass textures? Cause my gpu can't handle more AA :(

10. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    no sorry i dont know what files control specific textures. worse or cmh or super might know. i have alphatocoverage on for sometime now so i havent seen this happen to the grass. i would at least try it if you havent already, easy to turn on and off so it cant hurt to try and see how it performs

11. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'm not really sure. That's not necessarily from TW mod. I use vanilla textures mostly so I haven't seen that. Try the alphatocoverage, could probably help.

12. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    @cmh175 Hi,could you post your personal settings , please ? I mean your patch.dat and patch.fat files. I did not find them in your last updated download /just the empty files/.THX

13. storm1er

storm1er Guest

GPU:
    GTX 550Ti@999Mhz - 1GDDR3
    Hey !

I love your mod !
    But my computer still have some problems about stutters :bang:
    I wonder if you can make a "downgrade" mod ? I mean, a mod that disable features which demands performance.

I would like to "stutterless" playing to watch dogs. Don't really care about graphics (well, I mean I prefer a smoother game than a game which is beautifull but unplayable). I'm probably not the only guy who just want to "play without stuttering, no matter the beauty of the game".

So the question is, is it possible for you to build a mod that deactivate graphicals stuff ?

Exemples :
    - Decrease people density (car and pedestrian)
    - No dof and others little effects (well, no comment, this is just an exemple)
    - "static" water (see ps3 ... water has no real interaction with objects)
    - shadow and reflexion textures set to 256*256 (well ... ugly but playable)
    - Headlight's shadows you made are really excellent but they demand a lot of performance.
    - No, or less, particules (guns, fire, car's burns, ...)

I know there is a lot of players who bought the game and they can't play to it because of stuttering issues, and even if your mod tend to make the game better with a "stutterless" improvement. A lots of players forgot the idea to play to this game just because of this, so please, give us an answer and argue to this idea.

Thanks =D
    Keep going ! Your work is really cool to see, to use ... You must apply for game developpent's jobs !

EDIT : And sorry if I have made mistake in this post, i'm french ^^'

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  14. seiya pegaso

seiya pegaso Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 660 Ti

Dude there is no miracle if your configuration does not stand, the only thing you can do is play on LOW if you can not you can not, play on Low is not so bad and just change the game without secrets.

15. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    yea nd playing on low will do most of what he is asking for. removing things more than that will basically make the game worthless

16. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    A GTX 660 TI isn't too bad either, if I'm thinking of the right model. That's what I started playing this game with before upgrading to a 770 classified. Tell you what, I can take a quick look and downgrade a few things so you guys can use High and Ultra settings and textures with less demanding LOD and effects. That way those with lower gpu's can appreciate better visuals without frying their pcs. I have some other things I"m working on too, so it may not be ready till around monday though.

My settings are in the mod. You can just also add extra options you like. The included patch files come empty so the download was smaller. They weren't actually necessary anyway since the tool will zip new one's if they aren't there, but I knew people would ask why they were missing so I figured it was easier this way lol.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  17. zahvad

zahvad Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780Ti OC 3GB
    Can you please explain me, how to install vanilla textures and where I can download them? Do they work with The Worse Mod? Can you explain in details, please? :)

18. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Ok, down scaling effects wasn't too hard to do, it looks about done. I suggest either High or Ultra textures with Ultra effects. Lower shadows to high if you need to. Adjust as needed for you system and your preferences though.

High is a combo of Medium and Console settings with just a bit of High, and Ultra is High mixed with Console and a small bit of Ultra. I definitely suggest this for anyone who cant play with either High or Ultra settings and textures. It'll let you raise everything by at least one level maybe. Download here -> http://steamcommunity.com/app/243470/discussions/0/43099722142040818/

Vanilla textures are installed by default. You use them by not adding anything from the texture's option in the configurable mod. If you did add a texture mod just delete the graphics folder inside the patch folder, and copy in the Default Textures option. It has just the texture's from TW mod and UBI patch.

19. Dazfeeder

Dazfeeder Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC 6GB
    Great patch, game is stutter free for me on the highest settings plus I get an almost constant 60 fps :)

20. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    vanilla means regular not modded