Whats your favourite language?

Discussion in 'Programming/Html' started by Dude111, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Derragon

Derragon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670/2GB
    Despite I don't have too much experience with programming, I love C and Assembly. Assembly might be my favorite purely because it teaches you the foundation of programming and, if you want to create extremely optimized application, it's almost a necessary language to know inside and out. As for C... it's sorta' the same reason why I like Assembly: it's low-level. If you master Assembly and C, there are no languages you can't learn.

2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I'd really like to learn German and Latin. Native English speaker and also speak Arabic.

3. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    C++ with Python in a close second. Although I typically indent my code blocks anyways, I don't think its a good idea to force that instead of using brackets to enclose a block - it sucks because code can get destroyed by simply emailing or forum posting where all the tabs get lost - thats my only gripe with python. I still prefer C++ due to the explicit and simple nature of the syntax.

Its a double-edged sword though, C++ can be very powerful and very dangerous at the same time. I just learned today that attempting to modify a string literal invokes undefined behavior. It is also possible to get really sloppy with the amount of freedom allowed in c++, but this is true in all languages I suppose.

Heres another undefined piece of crap code:
    Code:
    i+= i++ + ++i;
    This one breaks the rules on modifying a value only once within a sequence. And is stupidly unreadable. (I plus equals I plus-plus plus plus-plus I...) The scary part is there are probably compilers which would try to evaluate that.

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I was going to say the same. English is obviously my first language. I'm also able to speak Arabic. :D

It would be nice to learn German or Spanish.

@ TaskMaster, I thought you was from Iran? Please forgive me if I'm mistaken.

Here in Dubai there are many people from Iran, most are able to speak Arabic anyway...

5. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    C# is very very nice. But getting more into C++, which is very intriguing.

It's like C# is perfect wife material. Nice, elegant, understanding, easy to get along, no problems, but a bit boring.

And then there is C++. Oh my god, she is beautiful, dangerous, arousing, intriguing, and very volatile and has some personality features that just might clash any time... the second you leave your guards down, you are in a world of hurt.

6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I'm emirati :)

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol. How did u do that?

8. InStars

InStars Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7950
    I do like Java, but when it comes developing in some deprecated frameworks like Struts1 or old Oracle ADF, I just want to cry.

Well written Java on the other hand is really nice and enjoyable to develop. I do like some of the Java 8 language feature too.

My first programming language was Pascal and actually it was fun for school and studying, but not really suitable for developing "real" advanced applications today, imo.
    C++ was nice too, it gives the programmer more power, but sometimes it can be difficult to debug, when using some advanced data structures with pointers.

One language I rather not develop in is "PHP", I dislike the syntax (e.g. string concatination operator ('.')), I have experianced some bad "spaghetti code", I feel really not productive when I develop in PHP.

9. trec

trec Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    My favorite is C++ but it's hard language.

10. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    JavaScript, though now i'm focusing on ActionScript 3.0