eVGA GTX780ti Classified Thermal Sensor

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by schoolofmonkey, Jul 29, 2014.

1. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Is it safe to connect a thermal sensor to the back of a Classy back plate.

I'm currently testing it now, the setup spins the bottom intake and back exhaust fans when the classy heats up.

But will it cause an issue in future, or has anyone heard of them melting to the back plate?
    Another thing, I did pickup a GTX780 back plate for $10 locally, and there was no difference other than no Ti at the end. The LN2/Normal Leds were the right way around and everything:

[​IMG]

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Those sensors are designed to take alot of heat without melting, it will be fine wherever you put the sensor.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That's pretty damn slick. :nerd:

4. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    I put the sensor on the hottest part of the card, the GPU area.
    Did a bit of a cable tidy up to get the less "heat proof" part of the cable off the back plate.
    Bent the cable up over the AIO pipes down the back of the case and back onto the motherboard.
    Thanks to the Enthoo Primo dark tinted window you can't see any of the black cable, guess that was the idea.

Its working really well, before when the fans were using PWM off the CPU temps the card would get to about 75c in Heaven, now with the fans spinning up with the GPU, temps went down about 4/5c, might not seem like much but it is a difference.

Would it be worth intaking through the top H110 RAD or keep it as exhaust?

I'm OCD temp watcher here, Crazy I know, but when you save for ages and don't have a lot of disposable income you take good care of what you got.

5. formula72

formula72 Guest

GPU:
    (SLI )eVGA GTX980 Ti
    You should be fine. The reading on the other hand will not give off a "true acurate" GPU reading. It will certainly give you an idea of the back plates thermals though..

6. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Yeah, I know its not going to be 100% accurate, but I was more using it to control the speed of the bottom intakes and rear exhaust fans.

Has been working well, I've noticed it does take a bit longer to spin back down, but that's because the metal back plate takes longer to cool than the GPU itself.

Before doing this you could actually feel the top mesh getting hot, and the CPU temps were much higher.

I was getting 79c on the GPU and 61c on the CPU while playing Watch_Dogs, now its 73c GPU and 58c CPU.