PC Gaming Alliance FINALLY gives up

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    These guys did NOTHING for PC Gaming, MS, Nvidia and Activison all abandoned them years ago. They were worthless and I'm glad to see them finally admit that.

"The PCGA was originally formed in 2008 with a stated goal of helping to reverse a trend where PC game sales were falling, but in their explanation of the name change they seem be admitting failure and moving on, saying that "as the PC is no longer the most dominant gaming form factor" they will now also embrace mobile gaming."

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/153407/pc-gaming-alliance-gives-up-changes-name

2. WittyScreenName

WittyScreenName Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire r7 260x 2gb
    Just because there's millions of trash mobile games produced twice a day,doesn't make it the "Dominant" platform.

Plebs everywhere these days.

3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXACTLY

The mobile gaming market is easily one of the most insufferable and rage inducing markets around. Everything is pay to win, full of ads and, or full of micro-transactions. Then add in the 100,000 clones (Mad Bird instead of Angry Birds etc) of every game.. F-it.. I haven't bothered with mobile gaming in years once I saw where the trend was going.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Flappy farting piggy ;)

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I wanted to log in to laugh, but I forgot my password...

6. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    if i had a dollar for every time some tragic event that ''will'' happen to the pc gaming industry.

i would be very rich, and stopped lurking at forums, and go visit all places arround the world. but here i am. =(

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    PC was never the most dominant gaming form factor, nor was it ever in danger of disappearing.

8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    PC may not disappear, but the effort put into ports by some 'former' devs seems to be disappearing.

Probably because hardware is getting better, forcing people to upgrade, even if they could run the game with some optimizations on their old hardware.

Meh.

And as said above, when I saw I need to do some 'root' thingy on my phone, and NOT legitly disable ads in everywhere like I can on my PC I just returned my phone to my dad and told him to never buy a mobile device for me ever again. Some how the ads and all those things don't piss others in my family.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    They should just stick to that "mobile gaming" crap... I haven't seen even a single game wanting me to own a portable gaming capable device since my original Nintendo Game Boy. Those were the days...
    But with all those games being produced for iOS and android I'm happy the greedy people with no sense for a truely good game f*ck off and screw over those 14 year olds now.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    RIP you're dead PC parts. :(

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Long live PC master race lol

12. PNeV

PNeV Guest