TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    MaLDo's textures are only redesigned to work around some minor details in general textures. Also, mipmaps are not entirely connected to MaLDo's textures, they are managed through another completely different directory under engine settings. Most of "grain/fog/noise" is due to TheWorse's individual's choices of parameters under "windy_city.game.xml" and "defaultrenderconfig.xml", also the latter controls which mipmaps are going to be loaded. With or without MaLDo's textures the "filter" will be the same, the only assumption I'd accept is that because MaLDo's textures are more detailed people might say it looks "noisy" when looking from a certain distance, but it's because they become more noticeable due to the fog and other stuff in contrast.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. ImmortalicT

ImmortalicT Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 OC Gigabyte Wind
    does anyone have any comparison pics or videos of v1.0 w/ maldo textures vs v1.0 w/o maldo textures?

Also, can anyone say if there is less stutter with or without maldo textures?

3. Lardo

Lardo Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    Do Maldo textures look better/more detailed than without Maldo textures and does it give better perforrmance?

4. Sh1ny

Sh1ny Guest

GPU:
    gtx870m 3gb
    patch files in data win 64, sweetfx in bin.

5. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I personally prefer without them. Maldo's are great, but the slight anti-aliasing issue doesn't do it for me. I added the HD rock textures from his mod to the plain version of v1.0 though so you wont miss too much otherwise.

6. Lardo

Lardo Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    Ah.. Which one performs better :)? and do you unpack the rock textures from the Maldo patch?

7. Sh1ny

Sh1ny Guest

GPU:
    gtx870m 3gb
    im using medium setting textures with maldo to stop any stutter. which means you get some nicer textures where it matters. a lot better than if you had stock medium. so well playable but not the eyecandy that high and ultra give.

8. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    This is a great mod for taking ScreenShots, but it sucks for gameplay. How is having SO MUCH DoF considered realistic? Its called being BLIND and needing glasses. DoF should be used sparingly in scenes where there is an intense focus on action, movement, gun (sniping / zooming in) or conversations. So far only a few games have done it well - Witcher 2, Divinity - Original Sin, and a few others.

Another thing is that this game generally has sub-par graphics during the day and when there are no weather effects. You can't do much to make it look fantastic with any mods unless you re-write the engine.

Which settings would I need to use to get stutter-less or least stuttery performance with great graphics? I get stutters even with High settings, High textures, and FXAA. Its pathetic really, but its not the mod - its the game. Has there been ANY word on whether they plan on further optimizing the game for PC to minimize stuttering? I know they will never eliminate it, but they could at least make sure they don't happen as often as they do now...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  9. AMV

AMV Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780m SLI
    Would be nice to see that comparison 1.0 with and without Maldo textures. Performance wise and screen shot wise.

10. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I found some fixes for performance. I'm posting it now, I'll add the link in a bit. DOF sucks in games period so just turn it off. Otherwise the mod works great, once you know how to boost performance at least.

11. S1Lent40

S1Lent40 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780 ACX 3g

Where on Steam? When are you going to upload? If its possible, could you just PM me a copy?

...thanks

12. Scorpio82Co

Scorpio82Co Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 8GB
  13. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
  14. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    absolutely amazing! I am running this game with all settings max except for motion blur (which makes my eyes hurt) and shadows, which is at high..Also I am running the game with high textures at 2560 x 1440 with no anti-aliasing. I have minimal stutter and I love it!

15. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Also I plan on trying this SweetFX out soon-http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1686/ From seeing the comparisons, it looks amazing compared to vanilla.

16. AMV

AMV Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780m SLI
    Tried it. More for my taste. Will stick to this one for while.
    Colors seem to be more vivid.
    And finally i can play TXAA 2x. I capped FPS @ 30 and it stays there most of the time. At least no sttuter :)
    And Thanks A lot to All who contributed to this mod, Salut!!!

17. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
  18. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    There's still bloom of course, but not nearly as much. Mine looks more like this, granted I didn't time the explosion right so this is more of the fire afterwards lol.

[​IMG]

19. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Just tried it also. I likey. Much better overall, and I like the darker night skies also :)

I'm still getting bits of stutter though, especially when driving. Trying to achieve the perfect WD mod with ultra quality textures and no stutter has become a slight obsession of mine!

I wonder, would you be able to do the same version but with Maldos textures?

I've tried another guys personal blend based on SuperSarovs but using Maldo, and this runs superb. Would love to try your version with Maldo textures to see if it can totally eliminate stutter :)

20. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    I tried.. It works exactly like I showed you on my 2 screenshots.. But never mind, I already got used to it :)

Otherwise, explosions and all other lights operate normally and do not have this "bloom"..

Performance is excellent.. Thanks

Thanks and TheWorse of course..