TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Warp

Warp Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770
    I did a comparison video between the original and v0.99. (It's 1080p. If youtube isn't giving the option, it's still processing as of writing this post, so you'll have to wait before it shows up.)

http://youtu.be/RykCMIWQ_A8

Honestly, besides the depth blur and the (thankfully reduced) fog, I can't see much of a relevant difference in visual quality. (Perhaps the brake lights of the car are slightly bloomier, but that's about it.)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. KrAzZiiHaMzZii

KrAzZiiHaMzZii Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC 3gbs
    Sorry to bother you guys but doesn't it seems that the textures are high instead of ultra... Or is it just me? I have my textures set on ultra in the option menu but for some reason it feels like TheWorse Mod auto-changes them to high for in-game... In the option though the textures remains to stay ultra setting.. I don't know but let me know if you guys see the same thing. Thank you!

3. soulunite

soulunite Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB
    TheWorse, Maldo and all involved - THANK YOU. It is a polished game now

you guys are rockstars :)

4. Andreas17498

Andreas17498 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 760 (2gb)
    I just want to say a big thank you to everyone that has helped in making this truly amazing mod. Have a nice vacation! :D

5. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Hello, guys, is it possible to get the original textures and files , I mean vanilla ?
    I d like to try the 1.0 without Maldo s textures and for that I need the original files.

6. NightHunter

NightHunter Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 650TiBoost
    Well,i tried.The closest to E3 look as i can make(TheWorse 1.0+custom SweetFX).
    screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/84556
    screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/84557

7. Warp

Warp Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770
    People keep throwing praises at the mod... yet again and again I fail to see the vast improvements that people are referring to. There are some carefully-selected screenshots out there that seem to hint at vastly improved visual quality, yet I can't see it in the game itself anywhere at all. The only thing I see is depth blur, a bit of fog, and slight bloom around some lights. I don't understand what's going on.

8. PratikL20

PratikL20 Guest

GPU:
    radeon r9 280x tri-x
    even i experience that problem, but its not because of theworse
    maldos textures are responsible for that messed up texture quality, if im not wrong the textures are of better quality but without mipmaps or anisotropic filtering like vanilla textures.
    this image exactly illustrates the problem
    http://www.shinvision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/mipmapping-egz.png

i just delete that vegetation folder as a workaround, but if anyone know the solution to this please tell us, what are recommended in-game graphics settings or something we need to enable in drivers.

9. tudort

tudort Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    Perhaps it is meant for ultra hd resolutions where the pixel count is so great , no grain would be visible

10. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I had a few slight issues too so I've been fixing my own copy. I mentioned my alterations earlier and have gotten pms about it actually so I'll share it with those that are interested. It has lighter bloom and fog settings during clear days, lighter environment lighting at nights, and the original dark sky at nights instead of the simulated light pollution.

I'd rather not open yet another WD thread on guru though as there seems to be plenty at this point, so I think I'll post one at Steam Forums and link it here.

11. SnakeShifter

SnakeShifter Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 765m / 2GB
    Thanks a lot TheWorse for the 1.0 release, very happy with it, excellent work mate.

12. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    Not sure if it was asked alrdy but are maldo textures included in 1.0 ?? And can someone explain to me how those maldo textures work?? I cant seem to understand how can "high" settings be ultra settings..

Btw if u compare 0,7 and 1.0 which one is better? what u think guys
    Please make sure to answer both questions :)

13. DaPuppet007

DaPuppet007 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 660 TOP 2gb
    I followed a previous post of yours that showed how to lessen the fog on clear days. I appreciate that. Could you share how to lower the bloom? I'm looking for around a 30% reduction if that is even possible.

14. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    It is, more or less. The bloom value settings aren't numerical though (increasing the value for stronger effect, less for less) so it's tricky. I changed the first three environment bloom settings to 2083169936, but also added an altered bloom.lib file. Just changing the bloom value though maybe enough for you though.

15. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X

16. PrinceIsDead

PrinceIsDead Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 4GB
    What fix Maldo textures? I dont know what version need me

17. irat

irat Guest

GPU:
    760GTX
    with maldo texture pack you can use Ultra texture quality on High texture settings

18. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 850/1200
    Hi, Im rly sry to bother you, but I cant find any installation instruction for 1.0. I saw some of them in first thread, but there arent any folders in version 1.0. So patch files and sweetfx goes both to bin folder?

19. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Using the Worse 1.0 this time without MalDO texture pack and the game finally plays awesome . Thanks, both of you.

20. PrinceIsDead

PrinceIsDead Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 4GB
    Thanks. Then without