EVGA retracts PrecisionX 15 download - issues a statement

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 19, 2014.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Hilarious you talk about how atrocious the fanboyism is and slam Apple in the same post. Congratulations for reaching hypocrisy level 9001. Apple makes solid products, this is a fact. If they didn't, they wouldn't sell millions of them. Whether they're priced too high or not is subjective.

2. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    But programs like these aren't paid for by us end-users... which was my point. :3eyes:

3. GPU

GPU Guest

ha talking about not paying is funny. I see alot of not paying

so evga while having dev,s using rivatuner as a template to cut down cost did not pay the full bill for the programing.

-they cut off payment to Unwinder Dec.2013
    it's now july and their peeps have been using that software with no payment
    -now they pulled they own version I guess the peeps will keep using that unpaid software -that has a name I think

when they SAID sorry he couldn't even use his name nor did he say he'd keep the payments up

so it's been about money from day one IMO.

4. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Good. Justice for Unwinder.

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Yes the end user does pay for the program; not directly. The cost to provide the program is spread over each and every card manufactured. It is part of the overhead charged to each individual unit. The cost is factored into the price paid for by the retailer which is then passed on to the consumer. If the profit margins earned by each unit did not cover it's share of the overhead costs, EVGA would not stay in business. Nothing provided by a business is free; nothing. Consumers pay for everything provided.

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Thank you for once I didn't have to defend Apple.

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    EVGA didn't make a 'Black Diamond 790 Ultra' as far as I know. How does a 'local team' for a multi-national corp go bankrupt? LOL

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Has he done any development work since then?

9. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Doesn't really phase me. If their cards are top quality and performance I will continue to use them. I would not be surprised if this problem was more common than people realise, but just covered up better.

I've always used afterburner anyway, its just easier to use and view the readings that you want quickly.

10. Improv

Improv Guest

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says who? A few drama queens on a couple of web forums? Give me a break.

You know what matters to the rest of us? The awesome customer service, best warranty out of everyone, step up program, and great products. Not this BS. Two months after I bought a 780 the ti came out. You know what would have happened if I bought from another company? I would have been screwed. Thanks to EVGA I payed the price difference and got the better card.

EVGA has treated me right that's what matters to me.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014

11. Improv

Improv Guest

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
    Welcome to the Internet. Where everyone makes a massive deal out of everything and no life losers whine and moan about irrelevant things. I'd bet more than half of these "boycotters" are going to buy EVGA products just as the MW2 boycotters bought MW2 and L4D2 boycotters bought L4D2.

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    How does that make me a fanboy?

Everybody knows Apple gloss coats their hardware. That isn't saying I'm a fanboy of anything.

It was a great example.

There is no hypocrisy here friend. I think you need to learn correct usage of the word before you spout it. If PC gaming was best done on Linux I'd be there.

Windows is still the primary gaming platform. I use it because that is what I do....game.

I mentioned this before, but your avatar suits you well. There is a massive troll inside for sure.

13. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Windows isn't the primary gaming platform. Its the only platform.

14. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Hmmmm.

The Precision software is used as a marketing tool to leverage the EVGA brand and up to press has been a very nice piece of software, it has more value than you could ever imagine.

15. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Wrong. There are other platforms. There are games for Mac and Linux. You seem to have also forgotten the console market and the plethora of games available for mobile on either iOS or Android.

16. pissedpenguin

pissedpenguin Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti
    Former EVGA employee here. I can confirm that the CEO and upper management of this company is a bunch of greedy, shady, swindlers. They treat their employees like disposable garbage and pay the absolute bare minimum possible while they expect you to work to the bone, and the minute you question pay or request better working conditions or complain about harassment to HR they put you on the hit list and you are gone shortly after. They love blaming the victim. Everything they do is shady. I have miles of dirt.

I guarantee this statement was just pure back-pedaling, I know exactly who wrote it and I can guarantee you they sat in a conference room for many hours trying to think of what to say. They 100% copied the code, they are infamous for stealing people's stuff and claiming it as their own. Just another cheap trick from the cheap shady CEO trying to pull another fast one no doubt. Damage control is all this is. They think everyone is stupid.

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You can be whatever you want to be on the internet. It's already been proven they did not copy the code never mind 100%. Run along amateur troll.

18. pissedpenguin

pissedpenguin Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti
    Hi Hemi. Nice to see you again.

19. pissedpenguin

pissedpenguin Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti
    I definitely did work for EVGA for many years. I've spoken to you on the forums there in different form. Glad I'm not now, I've never worked for a shadier company in my life.
    What Unwinder says is pretty damning if you ask me..

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You must have created another account after being banned again, right? Again? Where did we run across each other and what nick were you using?