TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    At 1440p of course, not that much but a bit yeah

Glad you like it :)

There is a comparisson screenshot galery available at my blog! Check it out.

http://www.TheWorseMod.Blogspot.com

2. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    I'm having an issue where Aiden is drawing his gun and can't put it away and either trigger fires his weapon. Anybody else having this issue?

Edit: Deleted patch.fat/patch.dat and reinstalled mod and that seems to have fixed it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  3. bkrieger

bkrieger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 sli 2GB
    How do you disable the page file? Where is this guide you speak of?

4. Sh1ny

Sh1ny Guest

GPU:
    gtx870m 3gb
    @theSaiyanvegeta I had that for first few weeks had to keep restarting the game but it just stopped. forgot about it till ur message.

5. Sh1ny

Sh1ny Guest

GPU:
    gtx870m 3gb
    are u using controller? buy the way well done the worse ive took 0.99 for a long spin and its just beautiful couldn't stop walking about sight seeing this is how it should of been thanks.

6. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    I have a 780 6GB model and im playing the game on all ultra except textures on high got maldo textures. no vsync and 1 frame prerender and max aa

i use gpu-z to monitor the usage of my vram and gpu load and temps and cpu same stats
    as soon as the game loads i am using 3.4gb of vram and it soon levels out to about 3,530 or so and average 45-50 fps and its smooth never choppy.
    i had a 3GB 580 GTX last week and it died and ran basically the same settings with v.97 with maldo but i used a lower a setting and i was maxing out the 3Gb of vram with that card.

my point being that to run this game with these mods in ultra settings you need 4gb of vram and this is the problem a lot of people are having and some could need a higher bus also since higher vram cars tend to have higher speeds

7. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    Yeah I've got an Xbox One controller hooked up. Seems to be fine now after I reinstalled the mod.

8. Andreas17498

Andreas17498 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 760 (2gb)
    A little request here. Your mod is great. I have heard v1.0 is just around the corner, so, can you include the rock textures with the version that hasn't got maldo textures? I don't know but I always seem to have performance issues with the malDo textures....

9. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    This game is such a weird beast. Sometimes I can boot it up and it'll play at 45FPS, but other times its at 30FPS.

10. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    It seems like most here prefer the graphics of 0.99 with Maldo's over 0.8 with Maldo's and tree fix? It appears to be the consensus. I know the color tone of 0.8 has the slightly reddish tint but it's ok with me.

11. Xemozu

Xemozu Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 OC
    Great work theworse! just registered to thank you, last version is the best definitely. Strong DoF but no complaints aside from that.

I did notice a bug though, with the "trash" that is around the city, it seems to be static now, like, wind doesn't blow it away, or affect it at all anymore. Is it only me?

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    lol?

In no hardware site this game has been benched properly. A brute forced PC Port like this depends on many system variables in order to run smoothly.

13. Andreas17498

Andreas17498 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 760 (2gb)
    Actually, for me, it's the first mod that does blow the trash

14. KW71

KW71 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780 3gb
    Is great, THEWORSE!!!

My humble opinions:

- FOG: Perfect balanced!!! I love it!!!
    - DOF: Perfect!!! I like the angle to "activate" it. I look a little up, and is almost gone, so I cant admire the entire city... I look to the front, and there it is, for the cinematic effect.
    - BLOOM: Balanced !!! Great!!!

-SOMETHING TO IMPROVE? I can barely see the rain. I can see it just again dark areas or where there is some bloom.

Thanks again for your hard work!

15. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    That's weird, trash and stuff blow around just fine for me.

16. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I think there's only 3 things needed to fix the game at this point. The first is that ordering Cars through the phone app is totally useless, as they always show up three blocks away or more (I've even had to across the highway). If I'm running for a car that far I can find plenty of others that are actually closer. Any ideas where the spawn radius for cars on demand is? I'd love to be able to call for a car and it shows up right across the street.

The next, if possible, is disabling certain npc dialogue. The first one is when every single npc screams when you drive by...even if you're doing like 5 mph in a parking lot. There must be a file that says how close you have to drive to them for them to do this, it would be great if we could shrink that radius down to like 3-5 feet away from them (as in literally about to run them over). Otherwise just remove the damn trigger for the dialogue since we don't really need to hear them scream the same things at us.

Last, I think it would be great to disable the "freestyle" rappers around the city. Every rapper and beatboxer pretty much uses the same damn audio file, so there's no variation. While adjusting sweetfx in windowed mode I got a headache listening to them on repeat none stop, I ended up lobbing a grenade at them. Anyone have any ideas for either of these?

17. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    ^Modders can do some of those things from what I'm reading like maybe fixing the repetitive audio music. Any of those only Ubi can do?

18. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    @TheWorse

Thank you for all your work + improvements for 1.0.

As another improvement, apparently it seems that using Ultra Textures changes particles.

(read this in Lunayah's mod : "HQ particles when playing with high textures")

If this is true, would it be possible to set ultra particles with high textures for the Maldo version ?

Thank you.

19. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    Sweet fx settings aren't working with win 8.1 x64 that sucks is there any workaround?
    the procedure entry point createdxgifactory2 could not be .located in the dynamic link library c:\windows\system32\d3d11.dll error

20. Aureatron

Aureatron Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X 3GB OC
    I noticed a bug related to DOF in 0.99. When you move the center towards far object it focuses perfectly, But while aiming it doesn't focus to far objects even after moving the center towards them!

Reverted back to 0.97c and there is no such bug!