TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    0.99 is a good release. Nice work :)

With a bit of custom sweet fx to boost contrast a tad, I do like the slightly hazed out look to this version, and I like the new tweaked camera perspective a lot!

It runs really nice too, however my quest for the perfect mod that allows ultra looking textures without any stutter when driving, sadly continues. Even using the Maldo version and setting textures to high in game, there is still bits of stutter, unfortunately.

2. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    hey thanks for saying this cause this tells me exactly why mine crashed after i had been playing for 2 hours with sweetfx working. its cause i turned fraps on AFTER i started my game lol. so yea thanks again. and this is also probably why the other guy thinks he needs x64 sweetfx version i bet he has fraps on too

but this sucks cause fraps is the only program i can get to show the fps in this game. dxtory doesnt work nor any other program i use already. i dont really want to install more software just for this game

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  3. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Hey guys I think I forgot to mention in my post, the main reason water and LOD are the only Ultra settings I use with Ultra textures is because reflections and particularly shadows have a pretty big hit on performance. If you also use Nvidia Control panel and make a specific profile for WD set for high performance you'll get 10-15+ fps, and it really didn't noticeably degrade the image much. I can get around 48 fps while driving through populated areas, where I used to get 32 or even closer to 23.

As for Maldo's textures they're about as good as vanilla, but also add some Ultra textures to high without impacting performance too much, so either way you get an all around better image with less stuttering.

I was wondering if anyone knew which texture file was effecting the ceiling of the Owl Motel with Maldo's textures (the blue swirling effect). If someone can help me find it I can fix it for v1.0.

4. rohithkumarsp

rohithkumarsp Guest

GPU:
    NMsi GTX560Ti Twin Forzr2
    dude, i'm not that stupid , i don't have fraps installed , i dont like fraps , i have installed MSI afterburner, but don't use it since, if i enable MSI afterburner, Uplay overlay wont work , and when the game crashes it creates a Log file

[02:20:10] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
    [02:20:10] Hooking swapchain...
    [02:20:10] D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed: 0000000080070057 !
    [02:20:10] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
    [02:20:11] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully

if you google 0000000080070057 you'll get to know it's because you don't have an 64 bit sweetFX installed when you are on 64 Bit version ,
    i may not be a pro , but i'm not stupid , any help is appreciated, i tried everything , it still crashes when i copy paste sweetFX

5. GrimmGnaw

GrimmGnaw Guest

GPU:
    R9 Vapor-X 280X
    Anyone!? :(.. How do i enable the rain in-game again? It doesn't rain AT ALL..

6. GrimmGnaw

GrimmGnaw Guest

GPU:
    R9 Vapor-X 280X
    Anyone!? :(... How do i enable rain in-game again? It doesn't rain AT ALL..

7. Omegaferrari

Omegaferrari Guest

GPU:
    Gtx titan Black 6gb
    Cool version

Looks really good this time, can someone make this mod version with low DOF? Thanks in advance

8. bobbymalaysia

bobbymalaysia Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680
    Hello

V0.99 with Maldo Texture works great

but the problem i'm having now the game look very bright
    how do i reduce the brightness try on the option does not work

pls HELP

TQ

9. rohithkumarsp

rohithkumarsp Guest

GPU:
    holy crap , i just checked, even same with mine , it was fine i 0.97c, i thought it just didnt rain ,
    go to gamerprofile.xml and change
    RenderRain="0" to 1

10. Sh1ny

Sh1ny Guest

GPU:
    gtx870m 3gb
    @grimmgnaw have you cheak that ur xml gamerprofile is set to render rain 1 instead of 0. when I reset my xml it goes to 0.

11. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Making alternate camera options becomes time consuming, TW mentioned the WD config tool maybe available again for v1.0 but there wont be alternate options in the mean time. You can always change it yourself, download TWv0.8, it had several camera and dof options. Just look in the WD config tools folders and find the camera options.

This isn't related to Maldo's textures, you'd likely see the same with the regular version of v0.99 too. The sweetfx may help with this along with adjusting your brightness. I decided to tweak the mod for myself and lower the brightness and adjust the bloom and environment lighting. It's all about personal preference. Go to the sweetfx database and try the highest downloaded WD sweetfx, I think that one will help lower your brightness some.

For some reason this happens sometimes. I think the best idea is to find in game settings you like and just make this damn file read only. The rain effects in this mod are excellent, and some say it may even rain too much lol, so this issue certainly isn't related to the mod.

12. GrimmGnaw

GrimmGnaw Guest

GPU:
    R9 Vapor-X 280X
    Did what he said and change Render rain from 0 to 1 and still not raining in game :(.. And i thought this was "too" rainy?.. Honestly dont know what the problem is.. *sigh*

13. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    If it's set to render rain than it should work fine. The weather effects are totally random, you can only tweak the likeliness of clear skies and rain. Did you try sleeping for a few days? Give it some time and it'll probably be pissin rain before you know it.

14. rohithkumarsp

rohithkumarsp Guest

GPU:
    i loaded my game , opend that script , pressing F5 for free cam or F6 for day time, nothings happening , i dont know how to use cheat engine, anyone know how to use that script for free cam using cheat engine ?

15. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    ok sorry i didnt say you were stupid. but i have x64 also...im pretty sure that 90% of the people here if not 100% do also. i mean who still runs 32bit these days and esp who tries to play games like this on 32bit.
    the current sweetfx works...on 64x
    the worse has never released a specific "x64" version of sweetfx... and no one has ever had issues.....think about that for a minute. if it required a specific version dont you think someone other than 1 person would be having the same problem.
    even if you dont run fraps there is probably something causing a conflict. disable everything running in background except uplay/steam that you need to run game and see if it still happens.

16. jupiter_man

jupiter_man Guest

GPU:
    you are such a legend! Thanks!

17. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    2 options Start fraps after start the game or use nvidea experiance,you can turn on fps Display in the shadow play Option

18. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Fraps seems to cause a lot of issues. Shadowplay may not be as intuitive but it'll do most of anything you'd want and is made specifically to work properly in the background without hindering gameplay.

19. rohithkumarsp

rohithkumarsp Guest

GPU:
    hmm, i wonder why my games crashes,any way , could you please explain to me how to use this script ?
    http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=574226
    i can't seem to make it work , can you please help me ?

20. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I gave in page 29 a link for my SweetFX's preset for WatchDog that works in Windows 8.1 x64. You just have to change the "sweetfx_settings.txt" with your preset.

I could then couple it with MSI Afterburner that give me monitoring and FPS because Radeon Pro was not here anymore.
    (use RivaTuner Statistic Server that is shipped with it to make it work).

It made no difference for me.

By monitoring the game, I saw the 4 cores of my CPU were all used at about 70/80%, the GPU at 99%, 2 to 5gb or RAM.
    I looked for the textures. They are quite optimized. They are all DXT1 or DXT5 with mipmaps for FPS, most are 512*512 or 256*256 (sometimes less), ultra are mostly 2048*2048 for large objects or 4096*4096 for buildings.Nothing special for High End rigs in 1080p. It is 50x8192 for roads, which seems enormous but is needed if you doesn't want any blur on roads that go far away.
    High are simply ultra with dimensions divided by 2.

It's a magnificent open world with lot of people and moving objects displayed at once, complex effects (motion blur, dof, ambient occlusion (hbao+), antialiasing (TXAA,...), tesselation,...), events, detailed shadows, detailed textures, detailed models (there are no angles), big distance view (for cams),...

Considering all that, as a developer, I can say it's already quite optimized. It's the game that has so much content it needs too big rigs.
    But indeed, without TheWorse work, we could doubt about optimization. Developers are paying having made the game of their dream (and they had to hold back) and being asked to downgrade it by the editor.

If we have a real superior version of GTA V, it will be the same.

For Rain, it's indeed here, just check in your gamerprofile.xml that renderRain is set to 1.

Here is what I have :

[​IMG]