TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ultra looks great with those 99. Getting around 40+fps same as previous one, playable no stutter.

2. MainEvent

MainEvent Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990
    I just registered to say a BIG, BIG THANK YOU, man.

You saved my 60 euros, this is probably the BEST MOD EVER MADE.

I love you, someone give this man a Nobel Prize.

3. MSGWright

MSGWright Guest

GPU:
    780ti
    yup finally enjoying the game again thanks to theworse

4. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    I just don't know how maldo's high vs vanilla ultra looks :) cause i always played with vanilla med and now with maldo's med... (only 1.2 gb Vram in my proudly over-aged 460)

5. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    WonderFull : The real Watch Dog is here !

There is nothing to say apart "Wonderful" !

- The DOF is perfectly adjusted
    - Colors are perfect and preserve Vanilla's base
    - It's a bit smoother than 0.97c (The stutter with "non Maldo" ultra textures with almost bearable)
    - The fog with storms is not too dense, not too lite and it contribute a lot to atmosphere
    - I didn't see issues with the lod
    - We really sense wind, with no bugs to trees's foliages

Just one bug (maybe from Ubisoft) and idea of improvement :

- There is no transition between Night and Sunset. It's somber and suddenly, it's shiny ^^
    - It would be nice if wind could have an effect on rain, like in "Pure E3 2012" mod (I tried, I didn't like and had bugs). He did it, so It's possible.

Rather than words, here is a screen with a "realistic" sweetFX preset (I succeeded too in putting a monitoring OSD with SweetFX, without Radeon Tool) :

[​IMG]

6. Sh1ny

Sh1ny Guest

GPU:
    gtx870m 3gb
    @the worse has the distance that vehicles and npcs load into view been reduced for this version?if so is this setting the lod and is it in one of the engine files as I would like to push it out a bit more. only played 0.99 for short while but loving what I see well done.

7. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200

8. SnaKe79

SnaKe79 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX760 2GB OC
  9. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    there is no such thing as medium maldo textures. for maldo textures to work at all you need to set the game to high texture setting this activates maldos which are a mi of ultra vanilla and his modded high textures. so some things look vanilla ultra and some things look better than vanilla but you have to put it at high to make his texture show. it doesnt change all textures just some of them for the best mix of performance and visual look. one example is a user some pages back showed some sreens the difference in the large rock textures.

10. GrimmGnaw

GrimmGnaw Guest

GPU:
    R9 Vapor-X 280X
    Anyone know why it never rains for me with v0.99? Im currently using the Maldo one. Been playing for hours and no rain.. Older versions used to rain all the time. Help would be appreciated asap :). Thanks

11. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402

12. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    i dont think there is a difference or the worse would have been supplying 2 versions this whole time and he hasnt. in fact i have been using that version lastnight and it worked fine. but something weird happened too, i was playing for like 2 hours with no problem. then someone invaded my game and it said they were like inside a large building with no exits or entrances so i couldn't get to them(dunno if they were cheating or what) so i killed myself for the luls on a explode vent. and then while my game was loading it froze up and i had to force close and i went to bed. this morning i try to play and the game crashes everytime when the logo comes up before the game is even running, i tried everything to fix it and nothing worked till i deleted sweetefx files and then it works no problem. so i get a crash no like you said BUT i was able to play just fine for 2 hours or more with the same sweetfx so i dont know wtf is up with that.

13. GrimmGnaw

GrimmGnaw Guest

GPU:
    R9 Vapor-X 280X
    Can someone help me please :(.. It never rains for me anymore.. Used to rain with older versions.

14. kernolsz28

kernolsz28 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Sweetfx crash

First time trying the sweetfx here. i used the 0.99 preset and placed them in the bin folder and whenever i start the game it crashes, i deleted, went in game and turned off AA and re-tried. still crashes, anything im doin wrong?

*Nvm i was able to fix it, had fraps running and turned off overlay, it now starts.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  15. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200

16. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200

When i get home i'll post some ss... I can assure you than with maldo's texs in game medium are actually high! There is a huge notable difference! i did think as you before but then i prove it and works!

Sorry for my english!

17. tudort

tudort Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    I am playing it on a 580 with 1.5 gb and is good at High Textures and High Graphics with 1900x600 borderless mode. Thank you very much. Keep doing watcha doing and improving the game.

18. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Is the BorderLess mode improve perfs ?

19. tudort

tudort Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    Experiment with the settings. Game is very beautiful but poorly optimized.

20. GrimmGnaw

GrimmGnaw Guest

GPU:
    R9 Vapor-X 280X
    Can someone help me :confused: :(.. Tried deleting my GamerProfile.xml and let WD create a new one but still no rain!.. I dont know if its the XML or the Mod itself.. Help would be appreciated :(