Did EVGA just Steal the Rivatuner RTSS design concept into PrecisionX 15 ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 16, 2014.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    You have worked hard on what started out as your "free time" project for years adding many new features all along the way to the point its just a powerhouse of an application.
    You have helped so many to the point we drive you nuts sometimes but still after all this time you continue to help us all.
    There is no dought at all What they did to you was just downright shame full.

2. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    shame on you evga im think with my wallet and will be cancelling my order for two GTX660 tomorrow and going with another manufacture. sort it out, we the consumer don't forget!

3. Arend.C

Arend.C Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    EVGA.. TISK, TISK.

That is all.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well EVGA is working on a formal response to this mess.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

One more important note related to new product:

Since seeing it on Computex this summer I was afraid of one thing and today my fears came true. Sadly some "genius" from EVGA decided that it is also good idea to throw away not only original Precision codebase but also hard work of all users from EVGA community who worked on designing custom skins for EVGA Precision during these years. All those skins cannot be used with new EVGA software and most likely will never be supported.
    But I prepared small surprise for hardcore Precision fans who cannot live without those skins. I cannot disclose full release notes of upcoming MSI Afterburner 4.0.0 yet, but at least I can show you one item from it:

o Full skins cross-compatibility with other overclocking applications based on RivaTuner engine. Special GUI transformation layer allows you to use the skins designed for third party RivaTuner based overclocking applications and makes the process of migration to MSI Afterburner from such overclocking tools much more comfortable for you. You can keep the look and feel of your preferred overclocking application and at the same time enjoy extended MSI Afterburner’s features including full range of supported graphics cards, industry leading powerful and robust monitoring module, flexible video recording features and many more

You'll get your old good Precision pumped up pretty soon, don't worry. ;)

6. Arend.C

Arend.C Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Nice one Unwinder, that will make some ppl very happy i´m sure :thumbup:

7. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    Awesome glad to hear this! Thanks a ton for it all!

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yes, he reverted to name calling when i told him he was wrong. I've seen dozens of people being in similar situations as I.

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I love to see how those who come to support forums with "ass" words right in the first posting try to cry about name calling. Go home please. Enjoy the troubles I had with EVGA silently, at least so you won't represent yourself as troll.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  10. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC

One more nail in the coffin for "brand new" EVGA's Precision X :banana:

Good job Unwinder, if they want a hard match sure they'r gonna get it. They can't do it better than it's creator, otherwise they will done it long time ago.

God, how I love to see when some big a$$ strikes a floor with his head because he thinks he is above everyone else...

Unwinder, just don't let that sweet revenge takes you completly, there will be more than enough time to win a war...

11. damaged

damaged Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    I never posted here before now, but I've used your product since it was Riva tuner, and this whole thing pisses me off greatly, and I fully support you Unwinder. Give them hell!

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    What they did is unacceptable! They have nice revenue and those few $ they were paying Unwinder were not much for service they got.

I am pretty sure their customer base losses will be few magnitudes higher than "savings" on doing "copy/paste in-house development".

I am bit sorry that they have no shares for trading as you would see immediately how they would go down as market reacts on things like this pretty fast.
    And they would realize their fatal error fast enough to come with proper reaction.

Instead they will sacrifice portion of customers. I for sure am not going to advice anyone to get GPU from them.
    And it will go through discussion at our workplace by tomorrow.

Edit: And from what I can say... companies may go through dozens of missteps / faults and people will still like them.
    But once they cross intentionally ethical limits, it is game over.

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Really EVGA? Both stealing and lying?

14. AStaUK

AStaUK Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti
    Initially I was prepared to give EVGA the benefit of the doubt and try Precision X 15, but having been reading through this posts from Hilbert/Unwinder I don't feel I could comfortably run a program knowing that the developers have screwed over another developer and blatantly ripped off his (Unwinder's) product.

I have now removed Precision X (4.2.1) from my system with no intention to reinstall it. I'd like to say I would never buy another EVGA product again, but the simple truth is I may well do. Hardware wise I've had very little problems with EVGA and when I have contacted their support they have been very courteous and prompt to reply. When the next round of cards are released EVGA won't be an automatic choice.

Unwinder you said you will be working on/releasing your own version of Precision X, will this have feature parity with MSI Afterburner minus EVGA branding? Or are you contractually prohibited from doing something like this? For a reason I can't put my finger on a don't want to install MSI Afterburner even knowing I'm being totally irrational.

Going forward if you were to produce another product like MSI Afterburner/Precision X why not enable someway that users can donate towards it's development/support I for one would be happy to donate what little I could and I'm sure there are others here who would be happy to do the same.

Unwinder thanks again for the work you have done and will be doing in the future.

15. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    One thread deleted on evga forum LOL

16. damaged

damaged Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Not surprised, along that line:

From EVGA thread :
    http://forums.evga.com/Did-EVGA-jus...sign-concept-into-PrecisionX-15-m2191513.aspx

Translation: "I can't really comment further until we find a way to artifically disprove the above, we will offer a more official lie soon."

I guess the lawyers told Jacob to STFU for now, which means that they know Unwinder is likely on solid ground, except for the fact Unwinder isn't in the U.S., so EVGA probably feels they can and will get away with it. :\

...scumbags.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Damn. I go away for 5 mins and all hell breaks loose.

18. Boulard83

Boulard83 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb Crucial ballistix
    Hang on unwinder !

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    they brain washed the evga guys come on looks like alex made a better version of what they put out you can't beat the man

they copied most of it and even messed that up numbskulls :wanker:

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    just tried it, is it a leaked alpha version or something? Glad I didnt uninstall the other version I got installed.