Did EVGA just Steal the Rivatuner RTSS design concept into PrecisionX 15 ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Oh Ok then. But still maybe Unwinder can create a C&D letter for using the RivaTuner Core architecture without his permission.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sure, of course that is the reason, in fact I mention that clearly in the article. But that does not justify all this. I mean if you as a company are not satisfied, you cancel or opt-out of your contract and that's the end of it.

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I remember reading on the EVGA message boards that good ole Jacob is hoping to get 64bit after the exclusive contract expires from MSI. I hope that never happens and Unwinder keeps renewing it over and over until the end of time.

Also I hope that Unwinder writes a C&D letter to EVGA for pulling this crap.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    New Precision is pants anyway, you can no longer output data to G19/G13 as far as I can tell so I'll be switching to Afterburner.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Done.... I'll stick to MSI cards for the foreseeable future.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Correct, we have some good news on that for Beta 4.0 with AfterBurner btw ;)

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Excellent :D

8. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Well I just tried it out now I have to say what ever EVGA has done its garbage program lacks features also the OSD doesn't work very well highly pixelated broken text. Back to afterburner.

9. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I never said it would justify this. in fact I said they were wrong in their doings.
    I think Unwinder should sue them, but on the other hand i can understand what a time involving chore this would be.
    Especially when you are up to such a large company.

In any way , I don't believe in a secret honour code between companies. They lie, cheat and steal to make money. At least the most of them do.

11. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
  12. WittyScreenName

WittyScreenName Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire r7 260x 2gb
    Trashy move on EVGAs part imo.

Though i havent used Precision X for months since its GUI turned into a giant,screen-hogging,abomination.

Straight to MSI AB for me.

13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
  14. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    Lol I thought it was a good read for the community that's DLing the tool, didnt really expect the dev's to say anything other then remove it. Good call on the pic to lol. I think thats Jason I'm guessing its the one I see around on the forums.

15. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Ah, just noticed..

16. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    I know i shouldn't find it Funny but dam EVGA telling a Lie on steam is pretty Funny like how dumb can you be all they did was put a garbage ass Skin on.

This just reinforces me never buying a EVGA card again after having 5 Cards with ACX cooling go bad.

17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Heh what is funny that someone replied to the dev's response as a quote and called him out on his BS. Who ever you are thank you very much.

But the Picture was a great idea though.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    If I like it I will use it. All this other stuff is white noise to me.

19. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    Haha Kudos again love this thread now!

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    What EVGa did wont stop me from buying their graphics card's as I like their customer support and they treat me good in the past,If I did that then the only two options that would leave me with is Asus which I had good customer support experience with and then gigabyte. MSI did me wrong too many times with their motherboard's in my parents computers for me to even trust them.

The last time I used msi turner or another program instead of evga, I couldn't set the Voltage as the option was missing for me and the bar scroll for it was blacked out and no amount of ini editing re-enabled it. Which why I use Evga Precision X in the first place, Voltage settings work like they should, If they was to make evga get rid of precision X because they made a clone of Rivaturner because it look like it, then I be annoyed at uniwinder as I would have to wait til evga code a new one for their card's as I said I wont be able to set the voltage to keep my cards overclocked. Maybe Evga and Uniwinder can work something out instead of uniwinder doing a C&D order.