watch_dogs coat physx

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lord_Defalt, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Lord_Defalt

Lord_Defalt Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770
    while we are on the subject of reverting watch dogs back to its e3 state i thought i would ask... is there any way to get the coat movement from e3 back? cause lets face it guys they gutted the **** out of it compared to how the coat moved at e3 and how it moves now there is a huge change just wonderin

also modders thank you all for your hard work in making watch_dogs an even better game

2. nuvasek

nuvasek Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB OC
  3. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    No, because it used Nvidia Physx.

4. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Don't think so.

It was either:

a) Using Physx with a separate GPU dedicated to simulate the cloth physics.

b) The code was then downgraded to gain performance as the E3 demo actually took place in a small, close environment and they had to tone the effects down when the map got bigger and bigger.

c) It was downright CGI.

5. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    I played the 2012 build in London last year. It used Nvidia Physx.

6. cicala

cicala Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080-Ti
    hmm that would be so interesting if they used CGI to mimic the actual gameplay but add extra stuff in to fool viewers

7. Lord_Defalt

Lord_Defalt Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770
    it is truely sad that they always show off amazing games and then gut the **** out of them for release...... that coat was amazing

8. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Bradley, I'm quite sure the E3 2012 build had some CGI touches to it. The interiors of the exhibition center had quite unrealistic graphics with lots of hardware killing effects and CGI-like anti-aliasing. Not to mention the textures were at a CGI level as well, I've never seen such detailed textures in any game so far compared to the E3 2012 cutscene where Aiden talks to Jordi.

That's probably why they had to cut the entire level out of the game. They changed the exhibition center with a club and used down to earth effects in the final game.

That lighting, sonic explosions, rendering of rain (raindrops had reflections when Aiden slowed the time down, I mean, wow) those facial rendering/texturing techniques, car interiors, realistic NPCs, dynamic shadows etc. all looked unreal. They are all possible on their own, but combine them both and you've got yourself something no hardware can play. I've always been sceptical about the first demo.

What you've played, I presume, must be the E3 2013 build. They never had a playable E3 2012 demo because well, they couldn't. I can bet my money that at that point they just had a small fraction of the map and they decorated the gameplay video with some post-fx effects. It was a semi CGI, semi gameplay presentation that could not be played since, well, there was no build that could represent the games visuals like that.

9. lantian

lantian Guest

2 nd one is most accurate the game was listed as physx title on nvidias page for 2 months after announcment and e3 trailer, and after that something happened and physx was gone, just like ac4, only this time i doubt theyll patch it back in

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This Game never used Physx, its using Disrupt physics engine or even Havok physics idk atm, but I know it wasn't Physx.

11. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Well they did it with the explosions so I wouldn't put it past them, however if WD was more easily modable I see no reason why at some point someone couldn't take his current clothing models and adjust the physics, after all WD does use Nvidia Gameworks which includes Nvidia Physix, if someone were able to open it as a project they might be able to toy with those settings.

There is also a small chance Ubi might add it like they did with AC4, they wouldn't have a very hard time as they have the project files and since gameworks includes physix it wouldn't be too hard for them.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  12. nuvasek

nuvasek Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB OC
    well the modder would have to get access to the engine and add the physx somehow

13. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    No, it's not possible to add physx to the game. And the e3 gameplay wasn't a cgi premade gameplay. They've changed the graphics for the final build. And they showed specific times of day and weather during e3. Coat animations were probably havok physics but fully reacting and colliding with aiden and the wind. Wind environment was different and the properties of the textures like specular maps, parallax occlusion mapping were different during rain conditions. Among other stuff.

14. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    But I´m pretty sure there are some people out there, who could do this, even if it takes much time and effort.
    Maybe we could also do something like an Online- Petition to motivate Ubisoft to add PhysX as they did for AC4. At the moment they have no reason to patch it back in, but if we would show them our interest in this little details, it might work.

Sorry, I was just dreaming for a few moments...

15. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    You can make it look alot better again by capping the game at 30fps it will look the way it did before, but for me capping the game @ 30fps makes it run like absolute crap...

16. Lord_Defalt

Lord_Defalt Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770
    30 fps does not make anything look better despite what everyone will tell you XD

17. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    How can capping the FPS to 30 FPS will make the game look better ? or is it sarcasm and I didn't get it lol :bang:

18. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    People are getting ridiculously nitpicky with modding this game and the majority of it is inconsequential to the real problem with this game, ungodly repetitive.

Apparent lazy design when the side activities are exactly the same as the story activities. I was expecting the main missions to be a little more elaborate but it's is either follow this guy, kill these guys, chase that car, don't get seen, blahtty blahtty blah.

Mod that sh*t someone; enough with the minuscule tweaking that is becoming more placebo than anything.

19. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcTXBHWHeOY :)

20. Lord_Defalt

Lord_Defalt Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770
    sorry for being promised an awesome looking game then being handed a gutted dead fish in its place

im not sure what story missions you where playing but i sure as hell missed them when i was left with only the lame ass side missions

so instead of modding what we can mod you want them to impossibly mod how the whole story works because you dont like it

placebo implys that the e3 mods and things like it fix nothing so your using that word wrong the pure e3 mod has made my game look and run 100% better no more stutters nicer rain better textures reactive bullet holes and amazing explosions

so instead of fixing the IMPOSSIBLE lets focus on the possible shall we? damn