Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. raj7095

raj7095 Guest

GPU:
    Reference R9 290 4gb
    i tested without vsync. the tearing is not noticeable outdoors where you have less than 60 fps. however whenever you go indoors and the fps shoots over 60, you see a ton of unbearable tearing. it doesn't seem to improve performance too much (considering that triple buffering is working correctly).
    In case triple-buffering is not working correctly (ie fps jumps from 60 to 30 and nowhere in between) then you need to switch to borderless window and back to fullscreen.

2. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @Lunayah

V3.1 E3 original looks fantastic! Now I can play the game, without waiting for a new version, like 3.2. Finally! I included Sunset's textures and MalDo's ultra Aiden textures for High textures set ingame. Best feeling! Best Mod!

3. Yizan

Yizan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    can tell me anyone if the train headlights are like two helicopter lights in lunayah's mod?
    or its just me?

4. Yizan

Yizan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Ok it was my fault, forget it

5. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @Lunayah

Did you implement fog? Because I found a file called environmentfog or so in the files of your patch, but can't check it out now.

6. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    @raj7095 how's your frame rate outdoors?

7. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with something. I'm trying to lower the bloom settings a bit on the v3.1 warm final, but it doesn't seem to be working. At night the bloom seems really intense so I wanted to lower it just a bit. I lowered a few things slightly, for example the first bloom setting for a clear day is 3738158885, I lowered that to 3553556988. So not much lower. Even tried raising 3553556988 a bit higher when this failed. When I tested it though the bloom seemed to be completely gone, more or less at default levels I guess. Is there something I'm missing? I just have to save the xml, convert it and change it back to the correct name don't I? It's weird the effect just disappears.

8. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    did you try to lower your timer resolution ?

http://vvvv.org/sites/default/files/uploads/TimerToolV2.zip

try 0.5

9. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    @Lunayah in 3.1 Final your GamerProfile.xml sets the AA to SMAA. Wasn't supposed to be Temporal SMAA? We can always change it but, is there a reason to be SMAA?

10. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Temporal SMAA to my understanding Lunayah changed that to a combination of MSAA2x + Temp SMAA and that is heavier ;)

So he decided for balance purposes to replace spatial SMAA which is now normal Temporal SMAA ;)

Perfectly understandable everyone should be able to run Temp SMAA if your hardware doesn't survive that think of a update in Motion the difference are worlds apart of SMAA :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Leave it borderless ?

And you do know that console graphics quality are way lower than PC right?

12. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    @ Cru_N_cher thanks for the explanation :cheers:

13. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Depends on the setting. Medium than yes. They're a bit lower than high, somewhere between the two. Ultra crushes it though. I was just referring to the frame rate.

Borderless actually lowers the fps, or is about equal. Switching v-synch to 1 does pretty well, performance is really quite good now. I'd just like to lower the bloom a tad, it's really bright when it gets dark. For some reason it just turns the effect off though when I edit it, I posted about it a bit earlier. Anyone have an idea why editing the bloom settings in the windy_city.game.xml disables the effect entirely?

14. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    Just wondering, are you guys just using the Lunayah's 3.1 Final mod or combining it with Maldo Texture or any other mods? I'm looking forward to get the best quality/performance. Share your experience.

15. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'm using v3.1 final, with TW0.97c Civilian Density and defaultrealtreeconfig.xml, The Pure E3 2012 dynamiclightprefab.lib, and Kadzait's vehicletweaks.lib and materialimpacts.lib. Pretty much the best of all worlds.

Curious, I found that after removing the dynamiclightprefab.lib the headlights still kind of blink anyway. It may not be as bad (still not really bad anyway) but noticeable enough that it makes no difference. The Pure E3 dynamic lighting seems to be the best so I'm trying that out.

If I can figure out how to properly edit the bloom settings than I'd say it'd be perfect.

16. blackreign66

blackreign66 Member

GPU:
    HIS R9 280x 3GB@1175/1550
    Using Lunayah's 3.1 Final combined with Maldo's Textures and Yizen's Latest perspective/DOF fix. So far so good :banana:

17. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    I'm using v3.1 E3 original with Yizan's E3-like perspective, strong DoF, Aim DoF and Sunset's textures with MalDo's Aiden ultra textures, when you're playing with High texture settings. Now it's perfect for me and runs very good at high settings in 1080p at 30-40fps with little stutter, when driving very fast.

18. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    hmmm, when i remove the dynamiclightprefab.lib i get zero blinking.. so whatever the cause of it.. who knows..

as for the bloom, you have to edit the windy_city.game.xml.

19. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    It's not a lot of blinking, just like some. More like just flashing your lights at someone you know? I did, for example most clear day settings are 3738158885, and I dropped them down to 3553556988 (roughly 25% lower). After I convert the file back and everything the effect just seems to totally disappear though.

20. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    I think i found a bug with the tonemapping and or tod you can reset it it seems with the Cash Run Game ingame to the Vanilla defaults while using the Mods this could come handy for direct compares.

What i did was as follow i started a Cash Run Game then i shoot a Civilist after the Police Call and the Ctos Scan Cash run gets aborted and so gets the TOD reset to Vanilla it seems.

Could someone confirm that this resets the Mods Game Level setup weather changes ?

Or it actually resets the save with the different mods if the weather stucks hmm have to test this more.

So it could be that Savegames actually hold the Tod Manipulations for the different Mods even if you exchange them (Last savegame) also if it rained or not.

So if it rains and it autosaves while you dying it might be saving the rain state and also the weather state so even if you replace the mod and it cals another weather state by xml modification it could be that the save will override it and not load the mods weather state @ all @ first and the cash run thing could maybe reset it :).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014