TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    I've seen rain in 0.97c, it just rains less often.

Funny thing that everyone wants rainy days :bolt:

2. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @TheWorse

I like version 0.97c, but Lunayah's version looks better in my opinion and it rains more often. I'm going to play the game now, because the modding here will never end and I can't wait no longer.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  3. Shinigami_Kiba

Shinigami_Kiba Member

GPU:
    GeForce MSI NX7800GTX 256MB
    It's all good
    now I see that the textures are packed in with the mod in the patch.dat
    I didn't notice this at first and thought they were replacing textures in the game so i had to track them down and uninstall them manually, but it seems all that is needed is to remove the patch.dat and fat and the textures revert to vanilla?

4. revlisoft

revlisoft Guest

GPU:
    780 GTX
    Lol.. I seem to having the opposite effect. It seems to be raining most of the time for me. :)

Great job on the mod so far.

5. bygone

bygone Guest

GPU:
    gt635m 2Gb DDR3
    I have tried this version and I must say thats it is really impressive... tho I cannot run it with all the beaty and fps:bawl:

6. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    TheWorse:

I just want to say with .97c and playing with the settings, I have likek stutter free great fps I havent had the phone animation bug either, everytime I die i zoom back out form Aidens phone and he can put his hands in his pockets no problems. I used TXAAx2 with High maldo textures everythign else on Ultra except Shadows on High and either 1 or 2 GPu max buffered frames. Driving, walking running everything is really performing great, it even feels like it's less load on my computer as well.

Great work, I might add in Yizens DOF while shooting just for fun, but As is I think you are right on the cusp on final. Bravo good man, bravo.

Thanks TheWorse and y'all for keeping me occupied every day the past like 3 weeks! lol

7. tiwana350

tiwana350 Guest

GPU:
    660 ti amp ed.
    hey the Worse, awesome job with the mod. its just that the fog is a bit much for me.

its just a request if you can also release a version with very less fog and if you can make the dof like it was in the 0.8 v, the BROKEH LOW dof. it was perfect.
    thanks for your hard work.

8. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Just a little comparison...

The Worse 0.97c + Maldo Textures
    [​IMG]

The Worse 0.97c + Maldo Textures (Lower Fog/Standard DoF)
    [​IMG]

Vanilla + Maldo Textures
    [​IMG]

9. Dgtlhrt

Dgtlhrt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    TheWorse, after reading through 3rd thread and from my own experience it actually didn't rain at all when I was testing over 4 hours, i kept going to sleep maybe 6 times? And trying moving to hideouts like fast travel no matter where i did or how long I waited it never started to rain.

maybe it is worth double check the rain/storm settings?

or maybe this is something from gamerprofile.xml... When i get home from work tonight I will delete gamerprofile.xml and launch game to create a fresh one and see if Rain will come.

Thanks!

10. BrainFlush

BrainFlush Guest

GPU:
    670m 3GB
    Need help.

I have .8 installed and I ran the little APP to pick what settings I wanted. I also upgraded the files to .97b a few days ago. That was easy, drag and drop.

So my question is this, I just downloaded the .97c+textures and I want to know if I need to drop the files in and still run the APP from .8 in order to activate the new .97c features?

Thanks for any and all responses.

11. DiTella

DiTella Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DCUII
    TheWorse, make less DOF and the mod will be just perfect!

TY, and keep up the good work. We much apreciate your time.

12. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Mods without drama that's what I'm talking about man!

Truce?

13. vfxninjaeditor

vfxninjaeditor Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 680 4GB
    It rained for me twice while playing during a 2 hour session. I think it's just a random thing, sometimes you go a long time without rain.

14. zantetheo

zantetheo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    im trying to download the mod but when i go to the download page says
    Enter decryption key

can anyone help?

15. Yanghbr

Yanghbr Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GeForce GTX 760 2GB
    0.97c would be perfect without the fog to me, and the performance was better in 0.8, but the game looks amazing, thank you.

16. Jonigigolo

Jonigigolo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280X
    Thank you!!!!!!! I only registered just to say THANK YOU for this effort, to you and to the rest of people who have made this possible. It is really incredible playing with version 0.97c, I think it's the best we could expect!!!!
    It run much smoother, the graphics are awesome and the lighting effects are superb! I got rid of the too much fog just lowing the bar on the Calibration options, so everything is perfect now!!!

Y mucha suerte para Argentina!!!!!!!! (aunque yo vivo actualmente en Alemania por lo que prefiero que gane Alemania, lo siento!!!!!! :p )

17. CrYsi2

CrYsi2 Guest

GPU:
    Myst 7870 1250/1600
    looks fantastic, no bugs, but the sky in the night looks so rare

18. McBeak

McBeak Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX580 4GB
    Small thing, TheWorse, when you're driving around at night during rain in-game, the lighting effects on the rain from street lamps will sorta just appear suddenly in front of you, and it's a bit distracting. The range at which it starts to light up the rain is obviously too short, but I dunno if that has anything to do with your work or ubi. It also seems kinda strong, making it harder to see what's ahead of you.

Enjoying your work! Please keep it up.

19. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    What do you mean by that? Performance is perfect ;)

What? Are you blind or what? You're talking nonsense and no connection with anything..

Better in 0.8? Jeez, for me 0.97c is now twice as better then 0.8v..

As for the rain, for me it works perfectly.. In fact, all MOD it seems to me perfectly.. :thumbup::thumbup:

20. Bullern

Bullern Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 680 2GB
    The camera seems to be behaving better, but I feel like the camera still acts strangely with the new version.

So I tested it without the mod on vanilla and with Lunayah's take on the E3 mod.
    Vanilla and Lunayah's mod don't have the same strange camera.
    And I have tried it with and without the Flawless Widescreen program I use for better FOV.
    I works better with the program but still feels strange and bad the camera movement.

But so far I like this new version better than the previous. I think the night should be darker and the day brighter, But that's just my opinion. I want only the skies to be darker at night and brighter at day, not the environmental brightness in the game.

"More than realistic V4 final" SweetFX setting from sfx.thelazy.net achieves that, but is too dark in the environment. Even with the brightness set to 100 which will cause daytime to become too bright.

And the bloom maybe seems a bit to over driven i think.

But besides that the mod is definitely better than the previous version when it comes to graphics and performance.