World Cup Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Golden goal in extra time has always been a personal favourite of mine.

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I agree but think we have to cut squalles a bit of slack.

Comiserations to Brazil and Holland!

p.s Veteran and others I think it shows some bad manners to say "your team is **** etc"

Give them a fecking break no?

Yeah you are entitled to your own opinion but it's not nice to hear it when the wound is still sore.

I actually missed the game because was 2 hammered. Had a nasty break up with my fianceee...yeah play the violin as it were but you never know how some people are etc so I think it's always nice to offer your condolences and not harp on about who was crap etc etc.

p.p.s why do the Dutch have my family crest on their shirt??? hehe

and I think David luiz is a good player...but yeah a bit flaky in the head as eclap says...we'll see what he does at psg..i think he will be fine! i dont like elbows etc so need to see that perhaps...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  3. el etro

el etro Guest

GPU:
    RX 470 Triple-X
    Great game by Germany.

Hope they win against Argentina now.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, my national team didn't even play in this world cup. Everything you say goes straight over my head. Now pipe down. Btw, if Luis is £50, how much is Hummels worth? Or Thiago Silva?

5. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    oh my god... your situation is more sad than i thought... sorry... now i really feel bad... i don´t imagine what is don´t even play the world cup...

but okay... about your question... psg paid to milan 42 millions for thiago silva... and 42 is less than 50 millions right?

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    hey cmon man move on! let it drop they have their opinion which actually I think is a bit harsh to be fair so am giving you some support.

but they can think what they want and say what they want. you have to respect that.

cmon look forward to the next world cup!

7. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    I'd be surprised if Argentina can win against the Germans.

Germans play extremely well

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah cant see Argentina winning with or without Messi. He looked a bit burnt out..or injured

Maybe a few days off and he will be firing....Di maria is a loss because even though he was a bit crap in one game he has some real touches/skill and can beat a man.

Perez did offer something though..

For me a fit on form Messi is the key..but overall u have to say Germany have the better team.

I am for Messi and Argentina! Vamos!

9. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    i don´t call the national team from **** and don´t post banners or other things... i say that i don´t know what is don´t dispute one world cup... and really my country never don´t play one world cup... i really don´t imagine that but should be a bad situation watching world cup without your country... and i think if my country don´t play one wc the people kill everyone... hehehe

i don´t understand why you think is all offence...

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i just thought they were being a bit harsh re Brasil but then you need to let it go.....

I know it hurts. Ca la vie!

Hey am pretty much on your side re most things but hey que pasa paso? no??

Have been a bit ticked off regards "england are ****" etc comments when actually the world cup shows we werent **** per say but didnt exactly do great.

Brazil got to the semis and had a bad day thats it! Was a real surprise but Germany have been great....the only real team who have played to their ability and shown us how its meant to be done.

It must be awfull for the fans but I dont really have much sympathy for a team that has cheats in it...sorry to say.

that goes for the Dutch as well

I mean whats is this talking to the penalty taker? Omg try being a sportsman...so for me Holland got what they deserved as did Brazil.

No racism nor cheats eh? that's how it should be...

11. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    yes... no problem... all fine...

i think germany gonna win... and to me is better germany win because argentina win in brazil is a nightmare

12. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    The prices for football players are completely exaggerated these days. Hummels is better than David Luiz, I agree. Thiago Silva has been more stable in Europe than David Luiz, but I think PSG did a great deal buying him, prices seems to be just a number for certain very rich man in football. If you stop to think, Brazil and Germany have two teams that are worth so much money it almost looks like it's a pure business-thing they are doing. FIFA should create rules for how much a team can spend...oh wait...it's money and more is better.

13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I mean Holland wear lions on their shirts but i can tell you my ancestors would turn in their grave seeing sportsmanship like Krul or Robben.

I mean cmon lets be real men no?

p.s war is different....then u are allowed to break the rules...well intelligence wins out..but a game is a game...and should be different.

14. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    you say cheat holland substitute goalkeeper to one better in penalties?

i think is strategy... stay one substitution less to make in one game with extra time to make this change... is no easy

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    And for the record i'd really like to insist people keep their slagging off of a said team to themselves. Does nothing good to anyone!

Although i did just call out the dutch for being unsportsmanlike but thats fact!

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    no i disagree with the talking to players before they take a kick. it's not very good manners.

if i had been a penalty taker i might have knocked Krul out so bad he wouldnt have been able to save a pen...

now that would have been interesting.

17. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti

i agree... but i think krul go to the wc only to penalties... one journal here says he only train penalties... honestly i think krul may defend 2 penalties yesterday... the last 2 penalties

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    aye doesnt mean he has to be a dick...but hey ho Holland got their just deserves and lost..

so karma is somehow going ok in this world cup! to be fair germany have been pretty exemplary and Argentina have played pretty fair...so cant argue with that!

19. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Hope there's an early goal in the final.

20. Andrés

Andrés Guest

And that it's from Argentina! :)