TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    I agree with you that it should always write procedure of "installation", but in this case it is not something that demands a lot of attention and a lot of explaining..

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Briefly tried TheWorse's 0.97C mod without MaLDo's texture fix and two things that I noticed.

1. The depth of field effect is odd as it shifts just from standing still and panning the camera up and down. Looking right up makes it blurred in the distance but about half way down everything comes into focus. Is that how it is supposed to be because it made for some weirdness while Aiden was walking up an incline and the camera was dipping up and down with distant buildings shifting in and out of focus distractingly. I do like the DOF effect but I felt it worked better in the v0.7 mod personally, granted it was perhaps a bit too heavy.

2. My save resumed with a couple of cars driving by, allowing me to test the dynamic shadows were working (they were), but then all traffic disappeared shortly afterwards. It was night though and there were some cars nearby in a car park so maybe that is normal and I've just not noticed it before. I ran about for a while and eventually I did see one car in the distance but the roads were eerily empty until then which is something I have not encountered in the game so far.

Apart from that the mod seem great and I look forward to more updates. I must admit that I am getting a bit confused as to which mod to use with the number of them being released for this game. Yes, I know the answer is to try them all and see which you like but that does rather get in the way of actually playing the game and I have been waiting for a definitive mod for that very purpose. The only issue I had with TheWorse's earlier v0.7 mod that I first tried was that some locations without lighting at night were just too dark, e.g. an abandoned warehouse in one mission, so I'm hoping that is fixed as this seems like a very promising mod so far. I admit I have not tried any of the others for reasons I explained.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That's right, which means including a couple of lines regarding install should be easy.

4. bygone

bygone Guest

GPU:
    gt635m 2Gb DDR3
    Are you planning to do some tool for final version (like in 0.8) ?

5. Raz3d

Raz3d Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE SLI
    I'm pretty much done playing with mods for this game. I decided to try out this new The Worse mod and it will be my last. First of all, good job on the mod to everyone that contributed - it looks great but this new version can be a little too dark. I haven't bothered adjusting my SweetFX to match this, not worth it to me.

Second of all, here are some final screenshots. I hope you like them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Nexxus Img

Nexxus Img Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI
    Some more feedback im noticing...I dunno...I guess you can call it shimmering/flicker from the rear bumper of a car while driving, almost like light is glinting off the pain. I might upload a supershort video to show it to you if you like.

7. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not meaning to be rude TW and I know you spend a lot of time on your MOD but that DOF is far too close and unrealistic. If I was a blind person with limited visibility of 20m then maybe the objects would be blurred like this, but it's a real problem if your aiming for realism.

8. AMV

AMV Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780m SLI
    I agree to this. But TheWorse likes it that way, its his mod to his liking. DOF looks good for screenshots, but not while playing the actual game. Therefore i prefer to switch it off in the game options.

9. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Guest

GPU:
    780 sli
    Which sweetfx preset is part of the download theworse?

Im on win8.1 and will have to do it manually.

10. Nexxus Img

Nexxus Img Guest

GPU:
    No one is saying he cant have that DoF if he wants but it cant be that hard to offer the users an option to make it more playable. There is also still MASSIVE lighting flicker in SLI (encountered this in 0.8)

11. Gehab

Gehab Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 670 4GB
    Great job TheWorse! Amazing "mod"! :D I seriously can't play the game without this now.

Just curious, would it be possible to make a version with the normal camera?

If not that's fine, I just like the normal one much better.

Would be awesome to see a launcher again where you can choose all the options! But if you're saving that for 1.0.0 I understand! :3

12. AMV

AMV Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780m SLI
    Jeah, as AnkH_82 pointed out. The same there. Plus in downtown the fog seems to reflect all the sunlight + light from building or smthn and in one or two blocks it is like wall of fog. Is not noticeable in countryside, even overlooking valley the fog seems ok, like thickening of air, just slightly smoggy.
    In the older days when hardware wasn't able to handle far away drawing distances and fog was used to cover this is what i`m reminded of it when i see the fog. Seems that tne graphics engine handles fog lightning in strange ways.
    And when entering tunnels at first everything is too dark, and gets to normal levels shortly after that, is that meant to be like that or no, dunno.

13. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Thanks for this great mod TheWorse, liking 97c, didn't notice any bugs so far,played 3 missions and its alot better than vanilla , installed it with maldo textures but didn't notice anything different. Performance is also nice, i just get a few dips to 45 fps when speeding on busy road. I'm fine with that.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I can't see ANY differences between vanilla and latest mod in terms of textures, graphics, quality, or anything, only differences I see are dynamic shadows and far too much DOF

15. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Dof is strong yea,in some cases a bit annoying when you get to cover and can't see the people shooting at you because of it,but i don't mind that much,in games like skyrim and oblivion i always used the mods with the strongest dof.

In terms of textures i don't see any difference either but i do think lighting is a bit different and the grass as well, maybe water also?

Not sure really,maybe its a placebo, i didn't even pay too much attention to vanilla to compare it with this mod,i saw ver 0.97 is out ,reinstalled WD and installed the mod without comparison shots. What i am sure about is that performance is better. But i guess everyone knows that.

16. Nexxus Img

Nexxus Img Guest

GPU:
    oh and I retract my statement on the coat blowing glad to see its fixed :)

17. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    Just wondering, guys. Are you using any SweetFX preset other than the one provided by TheWorse?

18. AMV

AMV Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780m SLI
    Yep, using this one SweetFX_Settings_Watch_Dogs_a worse mod Enchant fx through radeonpro. Because the copy paste method described by TW is not working on my W7.

19. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    You're not alone! TheWorse SweetFX method doesn't seem to work for me. However I can apply any other SweetFX preset through RadeonPro.

20. Kellan

Kellan Guest

GPU:
    SLi MSi GTX780 OC
    All Ultra + TXAAx4 + HBAO High + Sync. @60FPS lock