TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Bigleg

Bigleg Guest

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1070 EXOC
    (If you have Windows 8.1 this may not work with you. So you may have to find a guide for that)

I guess English is not your first language

2. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Guest

GPU:
    780 sli
    "May" which suggests there is a "chance" it will work.

I'm also talking about getting sweetfx working in general not TW version.

3. Nya`

Nya` Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X
    It seems absurdly foggy, I am up for a certain amount of fog but this is too much, it washes out the entire environments color palette...

4. InvisibleGuru

InvisibleGuru Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 660 oc
    plz upload a link which supports idm download.....TheWorse ur mod is awesome n thanks for all ur good work

5. al0258

al0258 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SOC G1
    nice to hear that argentina won the game
    didnt got the chance to see it i just woke up opend the thread and a siren started 5 missiles fell from the sky hope the war will be over soon so i can play 0.97c.
    thank you theworse your mod is awesome thanks to you people can play watch dogs as it should have looked.

6. AH37

AH37 Guest

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 670 JS
    Hello,

I am writing to state my experience with 0.97c+MalDo. First of all, thank you TW and all who contributed for your work, I can see how good the improvements made which resulted in a better looking game, however; I encountered performance hits to a point that game is barely playable while walking and unplayable while driving.

I experimented with normal settings to see what can I improve and weirdly enough, using Vsync in game gives a steady 38-43 fps with no stuttering spikes [I only tried it for 3 minutes but seeing how it stutters while moving camera, walking and more likely driving, it hasn't happened in all]. To clarify; without it I used to get all frames from 5 to 50 (a 670 clocked to beat stock 680 isn't top of the line nowadays but it shouldn't be struggling like that in WD while it performs much better in heavily modded and better looking GTA 4 and Skyrim ).

In gamerprofile, changing qualityfx to pc instead of console could have helped the cause as well as well as adding " -disablepagefilecheck" to the desktop shortcut [properties, target: after directory].

My Nvidia Control Panel has the game using Adaptive Vsync as well and GPU buffer frame is set to 2 [from MalDo's advice in the first thread]

I reduced shadow to medium at first, but after seeing how smooth and steady it ran with vsync on I tried them on ultra and surprisingly no hits, textures were set High and AA is temporal.

Hope it helps

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  7. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    ****ing Mega again. Going to take 2 hours to download when I should be able to get it in less than 10 minutes. Arg!

8. Nya`

Nya` Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X
    I would also like to add to my post above that my performance is much worse than 0.8. I was getting between 45 and 60 FPS on average before on Ultra settings with Temporal MSAA, with 0.97c my FPS is tanking into the 20's and it never has before.

9. AH37

AH37 Guest

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 670 JS
    Try my experiments and see what happens, obviously the Nvidia control panel is not an option, but do check and see. hope it helps

10. tudort

tudort Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    Congratulations, latest version is super cool !

11. AMV

AMV Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780m SLI
    TheWorse MOD 0.97C+Maldo.7z The link:
    h t t p : / / f i l e s . f m / u / v q f c f u y *remove spaces as i dont have 5posts jet. Repost someone proper link pls.
    Link active for 2 months, hope it helps somebody.

Mod works as good as ever, Great work TheWorse!
    Fog is too much for my liking, wil ltry and further reduce it by myself. Although when using sweetfx it visually seems to reduce the fog efect, but i know thats just illusion. btw, i`m on W7 x64 and TW sweetfx installation process is not working, game wont launch. So i found instructions on how to use radeonPro (windows 8 sollution) and worked for me, but have to disable CA in settings.
    Once again, Thank you for this great mod and i appreciate the big work you invested in making it.

12. knockator

knockator Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD7950 3gb OC
    Hi everyone! Does anyone know if there any motion blur settings? Maybe increasing it may help a little with stuttering? It worked quite well in gta 4

13. irat

irat Guest

GPU:
    760GTX
    the update is awesome im on "C" but something wrong with the trees plus fog, trees have less antialising or something and some more i will play the game for a while and put other fault here when im back home

14. SuddenFool

SuddenFool Guest

GPU:
    660 GTX 2GB ram
    High setting with HBAO+high and TXAA on 1920x1080 resolution

15. irat

irat Guest

GPU:
    760GTX

can i know your graphics settings please ? you on texture details on ultra or high ?

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Mega is fine, I just completed the download less than 2 mins ago at average speed of 850K.

Must be at your end or somewhere in between. Try running a tracert.

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Either put the damn installation instructions on the first page or I'll get an admin to do it.

This is ridiculous. I've seen at least 6 posts asking for install instructions and still nothing.

18. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    What is ridiculous? Copy & Paste like "100" previous versions of MOD? Jeez..

TheWorse - I tried v0.97c and is absolutely beautiful..

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    For the 5th time, WE DON'T HAVE THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS!

Some of us are only discovering this mod now for the first time. How hard is that for you to grasp???! :bang:

This is pointless, I'll ask Hilbert to do it.

20. tudort

tudort Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    Every version of this mod , be it theworse or sunset or others , involves cusomization of the patch.dat and patch.fat files in Watch_Dogs/data_win64 folder. This is the ONLY means to affect the game knows to us. Every tool or mod that you download is either an archive containing the above 2 mentioned files or an Installer which creates them upon selecting various preferences. The ONLY thing everyone will ever have to do is copy the 2 files and replace those found in the official game instalation folder under data_win64. Even for those completely new to the forum , these 2 files already exist in watch dogs system data , so it is only logical the action needed to install...