TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Guest

GPU:
    780 sli
    Previous installations requires you to add the game path which you highlighted in .8 mod instructions. The current versions only provide notes to replace the two .dat files.

So I assume the game path still needs to be added to the config file then place the dat files from .97c to the folder suggested?

2. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    The animation and Aiden's hands are the only problems. The rest is perfect. If you could fix those two problems or just the one with Aiden's hands not going into his pockets, because that always looks great and i don't want to miss it, I would appreciate it. I'm waiting for a fix now.

I think I'll never finish this game, haha. Still waiting for a Mod version without any bugs. Every new release seems to bring new bugs. :(

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  3. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    You just have to put the two files into your data_win64 folder, I don't think is hard to do.

0.8v had a tool to put the files. 1.0v may return with the tool. But for now I don't want to get upset with people blaming me and MalDo for how difficult or hard it is to use it. This mod from start had to be based on myself. Not because I'm selfish, but because of how many trolls and people complain.

After death animation problem seems to be happening since 0.7 I think. I don't know any other bugs so far.

4. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    Downloading .97c right now. So excited! :D

5. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The config file and game path was for the WD config tool. 0.97c is literally drag and drop, that's it.

On a side note this plays awesome. Tested the Maldo texture version with ultra settings, was able to drive sport cars as full speed without stuttering and losing (too much) control. This performs really well and looks great.

6. Aliti_308

Aliti_308 Guest

GPU:
    780 sli
    Now I understand, the path was for the GUI but it wasn't clear in the install process across different mod versions. Thanks!

Theworse, thanks for taking the time and effort to improve a game that SHOULD have been. You and the other authors put Ubisoft to shame. If I could, I would donate half of the $60 I gave Ubi for WD to you.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  7. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    Yeah, you're doing the mod for yourself and sharing it with us. That's normal, you can include whatever you like.

The smartphone zoom-out mission isn't a big problem but if Aiden does't put his hands in his pockets, this breaks everything for me, haha. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes I like it just to walk in the rain with his hands in his pocket and look at the great graphics. It would be great if you can fix it, then this is v1.0 for me.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That's great for those who already have the full version installed.

However for the rest of us who do not have 0.8 or just discovered this mod the present instructions don't make sense, because the folders mentioned on page 1 DO NOT EXIST. For the 100th time....

And thanks again ;)

9. ProtoApex

ProtoApex Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 680
    So I am getting 20 fps on my 680 with stuttering when I installed this mod with everything on ultra besides textures and AA(which was off).

Am I doing something wrong because in the base game I get around 35-55 in the base game with a little stuttering with the same settings.

(The way I installed the mod was just coping the two patch files into the data_win64 folder)

10. Kellan

Kellan Guest

GPU:
    SLi MSi GTX780 OC
    Screenshots @v0.97c (no SweetFX)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Game looks stunning but performance dropped a bit, I have a few "lags" sometimes.

11. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Something must be wrong with your pc. I can run the game at everything ultra and temporalsmaa @55-70fps.

12. Zibbibbo

Zibbibbo Guest

GPU:
    SLI 2xNvidia GTX 780 3gb
    In my personal opinion DOF is too high, always and always, also after various "decreasing" it's still too high, and I don't really like the fact that it changes relatively to the camera angolation... i love to see far when i'm walking.

If it's possible in the mod final version please add the DOF On/Off toggle like was in the 0.8

Thanks for all your work.
    Cheers

13. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Hey TheWorse, is it possible to change the UI, to snap the Minimap to one of the corners completely and maybe reduce the size a bit?

14. BigNog

BigNog Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II
    One question: With Maldo texture version of the mod, are we supposed to use Ultra textures or High textures? I'm asking because with Maldo textures, High textures are Ultra textures, right?

15. Xiga

Xiga Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 780Ti Jetstream
    I know how to unpack, edit, and repack mods. If i wanted to change the passage of time back to the original method of it only changing when you either move or change the view, as opposed to the current setting of it moving all the time, what file and code would i need to change exactly?

ps - Top modding TW!

16. Andreas17498

Andreas17498 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 760 (2gb)
    I think this mod has reached its perfect state. Everything is just amazing!!! Looking forward to your next version (If there will be one) even though I am very satisfied with 0.97c. :)

17. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Maldo textures work with either one.

I'm not sure a 680 can max this game out. How much vram do you have? You may need to drop to high.

DOF is a nice effect but hard to play with, so I personally don't care how intense it is. You can switch it off, it's in the in game display menu. The On/Off feature in the WD config tool was to use default or new altered versions.

I think after fixing minor things like the hands in pocket issue (weird issue too) I think it's pretty much ready for v1.0.

18. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    this "glitch" has nothing to do with the mods!!!
    the animation\hands not going into your pockets after dying happens even if you use the original ubisoft patch.dat\fat files or none at all!!

so i dont think it can be fixed unless ubisoft addresses the issue!

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I love it, maldo + 97c is best i have ever seen. It works better too, dosnt go bellow 40fps even while driving.

Great work guys.

20. Campacci2k

Campacci2k Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X 3 GB

Isn't quite a bug, but...