After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lardo

Lardo Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    Really weird man. I believe you are the only one getting those insanely huge fps drops with the mod. I believe its the mess up of ubisoft though.

2. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Cmon, even you know you don't believe that you believe Iam the only one with stutter problems and fps drops. Other people with similar problems just don't bother creating an account on guru3d and reporting it to the modder.

3. BoomSlang001

BoomSlang001 Member

GPU:
    4090 FE
    Just wanted to say that with the newest version of the mod I finally have no stutter! No Maldo's fix (didn't work for me) or config program included. Only complaint I have is that I'm not using sweet fx and it seems too red to me and the fog is a little over the top. The fog makes it look like an older open world game trying to cover up its flaws or lack of draw distance with fog. Either way, thanks TheWorse!

4. zatoichi23

zatoichi23 Member

GPU:
    Msi 770 2GB
    analbananarape:banana:

5. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Well this is 0.97c so far.

Screenshot has MalDo textures applied as well as the fixes and changes to the FOG and DOF

Hope you like it.

[​IMG]

6. DeliMontana

DeliMontana Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD R7970
    Looks awesome! when can we expect 0.97c? Checked the first post and it said download for both B & C but only found B there!

7. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    0.97c will be available later, I was going to upload it but since I had to make some last mins changes I'll upload later. The size is around 600-800mb

8. DeliMontana

DeliMontana Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD R7970
    Can't wait! You're doing an awesome job this mod is absolutely fantastic!

9. tudort

tudort Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Msi Gtx 580 1.5 Gb
    Nice. Good Work. Looking forward to it ...

10. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Will there has without Maldo's textures 0.97C?

11. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Looks more realistic now, man.
    Great work as always.

Even on 0.97b it would have been difficult to get a sight of the next corner of the street in front.
    Have you checked the "transitions" I said on the last page? The game's engine doesn't seem to understand that there is fog out there when you're under or inside a construction. The weather goes from pretty clear to "Silent Hill". Not complaining about your work, it's only Ubisoft's ridiculous unoptimized engine by the way. :)

Example:

Inside a garage...
    [​IMG]

and then, a few steps forward.
    [​IMG]

Additionally, for those who understand a little of "Disrupt" basics (REALLY basic LoL, I just know how to change some values and commands), what should I change to decrease even more or eliminate the fog itself if I need to?
    Is that related to "ParticleUniformFogRangeThreshold"?

That would be useful and if more users don't like the new version I could even re-upload a version without "DoF and/or fog" and then provide you the link to post on first page.

You're a really good guy and even though you make this mod to your own taste (as it should always be) we know you want everyone to have a good experience too and that's noble, man.

Well, if you could reply to me about the above mentioned subjects, maybe a version with a more clearer weather + Maldo fix + original Dof would save you a lot of time and keep you from too much "troll" comments.

Forgive me if I'm too nosy, I just wish to help and don't need mentions to my "name" and such. Whether you agree/reply or not, there's no problems at all and I'll understand your reasons.

Best of success! :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  12. alessandrobutti

alessandrobutti Guest

GPU:
    Gtx670 2GB
    It seems really nice!

Hope to see a little DOF (because i like the effect, but not too strong either)

13. AMV

AMV Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780m SLI
    Now there, just registered to stay THANK YOU @theWorse !!! Great job You do there!
    Waiting to test out 0.97c (hope the screenshot is without sweetfx) Looks gorgeous.
    Will give additional download link after i get it.

Been following this thread since page 95 (i think). Finally decided to register and say something.
    For those who experience SLI problems: I got the issue with vanilla. Upgraded to TW 0.8 and installed latest nVidia driver (laptop driver as i`m on 780m`s). Problem solved. 0.97c increased performance even more. 33-55 fps. When walking not less than 40 fps.

14. Lardo

Lardo Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    Can someone give me a step by step process of applying Maldo Textures to 0.97b? thanks.

15. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @Lardo

Originally Posted by HeLL:
    Sorry, I think I'm not allowed to share my combo since Kadaitz asked to not upload his files anywhere.

Anyway I think is really worth to do the job by yourself since is easy and quick, so...

Instructions to combine Kadaitz 5.0 beta .3+Maldo stutter fix+BossDoF far camera

You will need:

a) latest packer/unpacker tool http://svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/?C=M;O=D
    b) TheWorse+Maldo 0.8 mod: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/..._download.html
    c) Kadaitz 5.0 beta 0.3 mod: http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/3029445/file.html

1. Extract packer/unpacker tool to c:\example\ or whatever
    2. Copy kadaitz patch.fat/dat files inside c:\example\bin\ folder
    3. Open a command prompt window and use this command to unpack:
    Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe patch.fat kadaitz/ - this will create "c:\example\bin\kadaitz\" folder with a lot of subfolders and files inside.
    5. For the DoF, replace kadaitz\generated\databases\generic\cameracontext. lib with the one from TheWorse+Maldo mod which is in WDT_Data\Mod_Base\generated\databases\generic\ .
    6. For the Maldo stutter fix, carefully copy everything from TheWorse+Maldo mod \WDT_Data\Mod_Selection\Textures_Version\graphics\ to c:\example\bin\kadaitz\graphics WITHOUT OVERWRITING EXISTING FILES.
    7. In the command prompt window use this command to pack again:
    Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe patch.fat kadaitz/ - this will take a while and will overwrite existing patch.fat/dat inside bin folder.
    8. Copy these two files to \Watch_DOGS\data_bin64\ as always
    9. Remember to follow Kadaitz readme instructions and set ingame textures to high since with Maldo fix, high is ultra and medium is high

16. Lardo

Lardo Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    Thanks Flexinho! Does this apply to 0.97b aswell?

17. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    Yes, but for better image quality I recommend you to move the entire "graphics" folder from 0.8 + Maldo to 0.97b. Just don't overwrite The Worse's already existing textures, he did a great job to all vegetation and sky itself, they're better in his version in my opinion.

18. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    how is your process at replacing the missions?

19. al0258

al0258 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SOC G1
    i played 0.97b for like ten minuts till an alarm sounded and a rocket fell next to my house
    btw: the mod is awesome cant wait for 0.97c

20. Lardo

Lardo Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x Toxic 3GB
    Hmm, So i followed the first three instructions: <Extract unpacker to wherever> - <Copy the patch dat&fat files to the bin folder inside the unpacker> - <Open CMD and type Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe patch.fat> - Im stuck at the third step because when i type in that command it says "Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe is not recognized as internal or external command" Anyone know how to fix this :)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.