After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jootn2kx

jootn2kx Guest

GPU:
    2x R9 280x
    lol this 0.97 is totally ****ed, low framerate and trees are shaking like their freezing their balls off

2. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Really nice mod,thx!

Installed 0.97 it looks awesome but it has a lot more performance impact than the last time i tried this mod. Could it be because of the DOF being to intense? I get fps in the 30s now with everything maxed and txaa 2x. Last time was getting 45+ if i remember correctly.

3. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The fog and DOF are both labeled files in the mod, if you really prefer the v0.8 versions than just swap them in.

4. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Unzip Sunsets mod and just copy it into TWv0.9.

5. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    hmm I'll take a look at the performance problems. I'll upload a new version with less fog, and a little bit of less dof. However, don't ask me to make a specific version. As I said before, this is based on personal preferences.

6. DeliMontana

DeliMontana Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD R7970
    I also notice a big drop in performance, no stuttering but lagspikes for like half a second here and there, compared to 0.8 which ran smoothly all the time at some 50+ fps with every setting maxed out. 1080 and fxaa.

and yeah that fog.. any way to turn it down? it feels more like a view distance limiter than actual foggy weather especially since its like noon and sunny outside!

Other than that, great mod which really improved the game!!

7. kernolsz28

kernolsz28 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    That would be great! I used to suffer from a little stuttering with my 690 and i don't see it anymore. I never changed any settings and im still solid 60 fps with vsync on. A little less fog and dof would be great. Thank you for the mod.

8. al0258

al0258 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SOC G1
    how did you turned it off?
    its a bummer i cant play im in israel and rockets are falling down from the sky and there are many alarms

9. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Uh ok. Dude it's in the display menu, the same place you set all the other display settings.

10. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    @TheWorse

Here's some feedback:

Great mod, but I still prefer Lunaya's version. You did a very great job adding the stuff that is flying around in the streets, but the trees behave like in version 0.8 sometimes. It is better than in version 0.8, but some trees still dancing around unnatural. In conclusion a good step forward to version 1.0, which hopefully will fix those little things.

11. Omerta

Omerta Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
    Thanks.

This is now my personal beautiful mod.. No longer bothered by the fog, it is well made and dosed.

Performance is quite weaker than the previous versions. But I put Reflections on HIGH, and performance are much better.

TheWorse, you're a genius brought nighttime lighting, grass during the day and lots and lots of other stuff.. Brilliant, thank you..

12. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    perfomance is just so bad

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Mod is amazing, it looks like final. It's really heavy though but still pushing around 40fps on average with 280X.

Now finally playing the game. :p

14. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Thanks for the feedback. Fast 0.97b is going to be released in an hour or less. Trees will be fixed, fog will be reduced a bit, performance will be increased. So don't take 0.97 as final yet.

15. kernolsz28

kernolsz28 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Will it have less DOF or just the fog?

16. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Both, but dof only for the main camera, going to restore VAAS dof settings for the main camera.

17. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    This new version is awesome, I lost some fps but I understand now it has much more detail such as grass, if you could make one request please include textures Maldo V3 like you did with 0.8? I miss the WD Tool application that you could customize to your liking, good job, Thanks The Worse

18. Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
    what caused the performance issues. Did you remember to add the "High" LOD Settings optimizations that VAAS contributed to v0.80?

19. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    the detail of the lighting of the headlights is the most beautiful thing I've seen in a game.

20. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    The issues were caused by a high reflection resolution and other minor changes to the lod settings. MalDo patch included with the mod will come later, maybe tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.