The Pure E3 2012 Mod for WATCH DOGS PC (Screenshots + Download)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Supersourav99, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 4G GDDR5
    HeLL Don't merge the v6 pre-alpha test 1's roads and coat textures with any texture mod's

2. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080

I was talking about v5final. But for v6, that's because you want feedback for v6 pre-alpha untouched? or because it meshes up everything?

I think the best happened to the entire Watch Dogs community is Maldo, for me the first priority problem with this game is solve the bad performance. Maldo discovered how mipmap texture works in WD and that's the main problem with stuttering.

I hope someone continue the Maldo investigation about mipmap problem. I'm not sure but I think Sunset is just optimizing texture resolutions but not facing the main texture problem.

3. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    You can merge the texture mods to v6 pre-alpha but just don't merge the roads and characters ! That's all! Also,I don't use any texture mods instead of sunset's (When i was completing the story) !

4. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    the far cry ones

5. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    Okay will do it in a moment :)

6. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    PM'ed

7. Rant

Rant Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX Superclocked
    @Supersourav99 I have been playing a little more with v6 Pre Alpha and have noticed that helicopter lights on water look, well, odd... I can't really describe it... It just looks, smaller than usual

8. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    thanks man. results looks very nice

9. ScHmOOze

ScHmOOze Guest

GPU:
    Msi 780ti Gaming OC
    It's strange how this game (or the mods) can run very differently on each computer. I've tried Maldo's textures several times, set ingame textures to high and 2 gpu frames, and i always encountered stuttering. This mod (and Lunayah's one) are the only ones that do not make my game stutter... :eyes:

10. lighter

lighter Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 780Ti
    yeah it's true, this mod + Sunset textures with my system I'm always above 45 fps, I tried using Maldo textures but while I had a graphic that does not satisfy me, at all, I had always stuttering....

11. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    Okay i Changed the thread Layout ,It looks Clean and serene now !

Edit:- Now,MSAA8X will no longer cause Performance Drops,as i have added TXAA 4X properties in MSAA 8X in defualtrenderconfig!
    Results- A little bit(Slighly) more jaggies than MSAA8X and massive performance improvement!

*Most Beneficial For AMD GPU's

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  12. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080
    Just tested v6pre-alpha test1 and looked closely these new features. Sorry but I think the new changes are not worthwhile.

- This new effect on road is standard bump mapping, not Parallax Occlusion Mapping. It just gives some 2d optical effect depending on where is the light source and how hits the texture. This is real POM by Maldo, as you can see it creates new 3d geometry from the texture:

[​IMG]

Other than that I think this new bump mapping has A LOT of texture aliasing, specially while raining, please check parking road texture in the first safehouse. Also Temp SMAA do a better job to reduce this texture aliasing, but anyways is too much to be acceptable.

- Talking about new skin effect I'm with TheWorse, is not subsurface scattering, or if it really is, is a really bad one (Ubi devs fault). Furthermore I can barely see the difference with vanilla skin.

- I can't see any difference in the new texture Aiden's default coat.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

13. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    *Skin SubSurfaceScattering(SSS) is already in the shaders of the Skin in the vanilla version which was de-activated (And for testing Purpose) Which Kadzait24 did turned on.. I Just made changes to it's values ! (Like minimum intensity,etc,etc)

*Also,I told in the prev. posts that Aiden's coat has no difference even on 4k res!

Apologies if i anyhow offended you :)
    Cheers

14. parthianshot19

parthianshot19 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    I've tried Maldo's textures several times, and i have always encountered stuttering and after reading posts from many different threads it seems the majority agree. Yes Maldo's textures have better visuals then compared to lets say Sunset's textures, but with Sunsets i can turn EVERYTHING to Ultra and i have no STUTTERING at all!! Lunayah's mod doesn't make my game stutter, but my FPS is 15 to 20 higher with Sunset's mod. So as I said before the majority of people stutter with Maldo and not with Sunset's. Maldo's higher textures tax GPU MAYBE because of the higher visuals?? Anyway I would highly recommend Sunset over Maldo any day because Maldos's textures seem IN MY OPINION ONLY (and from what I see when I play) a 10% higher visual quality than Sunset's texture!! I would gladly sacrifice a small amount of higher visuals for NO STUTTERING ANY DAY!! Supersourav99 THANK YOU SO MUCH for adding your mod with Sunset's textures!! I get the same FPS with the "PURE E3" mod that I get with Sunsets textures all by them selves. "PURE E3" lets me have all the brilliant visuals and all the extra eye candy with NO performance cost to my game play!! Supersourav99 will you be adding Sunsets textures back into the final V6?? Again big thanks to Supersourav99 for his work as well as all the other modders that have put their hard into Watch Dogs!!!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  15. YoDevi

YoDevi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    The betas come without the installer, while the final versions will have the installer, so you'll be able to use sunset's textures :)

16. parthianshot19

parthianshot19 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    "The betas come without the installer, while the final versions will have the installer, so you'll be able to use sunset's textures"

AWESOME!!!!! The Worse .97 mod is out and I have to say it runs better then his earlier mod. Problem though is that I still get a "hitch/stutter" when driving:(:( Walking is fine and i haven't messed around with it enough to check out his new enhancements. The Worse needs to incorporate Sunsets textures like this mod has and maybe it will run as great as this one. The "Pure E3" is still the best playing mod there is!!!! :):) Supersourav99 maybe you could dissect what The Worse .97 and see if there is anything that you like and incorporate into yours??? Just a thought and keep up the good work with "Pure E3"!!!

17. YoDevi

YoDevi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    I don't like anything of his 0.97. IMHO there's too much fog, without sweet fx looks completly grey, lags... I "liked more" his 0.8.
    The only interesting thing is the even higher civilian density, which I've already sent to sourav so that he can use that.

18. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Same here little bit disappointed by 0.97 everything is simply too much, the dof again and whats up with all the fog ? iam sticking with this mod!

19. parthianshot19

parthianshot19 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC
    How do i Unpack patch.fat/dat files?? Please help. Thanks!

20. YoDevi

YoDevi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Download this http://svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/ and drag and drop the DAT into the unpack exe

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014