After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer152

Boxer152 Guest

GPU:
    r9 290 trix
    TheWorse do hou have some news from MalDo?

2. tey

tey Guest

GPU:
    7950 3gb
    do you have any news on fixing the god damm sound being rediciously low

3. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Im sorry if this is stupid because I have no clue, but isn´t anyone able to implement some own animations / Physics for this?
    Or is it too complicated?

4. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    First of all, TheWorse never mentioned fixing the sound. Secondly, if there's an update for something it'll be posted. The file's I've been digging into are defaultsoundsettings.xml, soundmix.lib, and a lua file (that's from memory, I don't have these on this computer). The xml seems to help but not noticeably enough to brag about. There must be another file, otherwise setting the global sound value from 100 to 300 should have been loud as hell.

What you just asked isn't possible from a modder. Not realistically at least.

5. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    That´s Sad.
    Anyways Thank you all modders for your great work. :)
    just thought it is possible because of the Cloth Physics Improvement in Skyrim with some mods.

6. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    No I don't

Sound being low? That's maybe your soundcard or headphones configuration. Sound volume is just fine at least for me.

It doesn't matter how good you make premade animations, they will never be in real time. The coat interacts with the wind tho. And pretty good with 0.97 as I tested.

7. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Just because I loved it in the E3 Demo from 2012.
    It looked so real and i thougt it would be able to just activate it like the Tree Environment.
    But slowing the Movement down could help alot.
    If it seems to be heavier though it could look very cool.

8. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    The sound is lower than most other games, but it does sound normal after turning the volume up. So it's also not a crucial fix.

9. Loganrj38

Loganrj38 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660TiSC 2GB
    Performance??????

10. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Well I can give you number since performance is relatively perfect for me.

At 4k I can play the game at 18-25 fps with everything ultra and just SMAA
    1080p with everything ultra and temporal smaa 45-70fps.

11. .Star.

.Star. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI Boost 2xSLI
    Hello TheWorse
    I registered to than you for your efforts and just state that what you are doing with this game is very cool :)

I have a small question tho, is ver 0.97 going to be SLI friendly? The game has been a nightmare for me when using SLI with all the hiccups and stuttering so I would love for that to finally get sorted out if possible.

12. Cold_Burn

Cold_Burn Guest

GPU:
    CF Sapphire 2x6870 1GB
  13. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    is there any way to edit muzzleflash?

14. amdatiradeon

amdatiradeon Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7850 2gb OC
    @TheWorse
    i can unpack your patch file using disrupt unpacker but i dont know how to pack it again? i really dont understand
    what should i do?
    https://imageshack.com/i/nl2bmsp

EDITED : so I should just drag it to disrupt pack, and taraaaaa... :p

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  15. AsuraX

AsuraX Guest

GPU:
    12G
    Awesome work TheWorse
    Can't wait for .97 Mod

Do you think it'll be possible to add the E3 explosions?

16. xs1ngular1tyx

xs1ngular1tyx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ACX
    I have a 560 TI that I only used for about 6-8 months sitting in its original (very nice) Nvidia packaging. Don't know where to sell it or what to do with it. It's about 50% better than the 460, though it has a stripped screw when I tried opening it up to clean it and replace the thermal paste.

Back on topic. TheWorse did you ever encounter a bug when using TXAA or MSAA. The textures of the leaves on the ground and gutters appear over main character and NPCs? It happens sometimes when finishing and starting a new mission.

17. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    It's not possible to add e3 explosions, the main thing I wanted to do is to change the fire texture but I didn't find it. I just made the game use its high quality texture tho, that's enough and the only thing I can do for now.

I can't use MSAA, it makes some textures appear on aiden, this happened to me since vanilla. I use temporal smaa with a high resolution just to keep the image clean. Or txaa but this last one makes the headlight shadows flicker for me, could be the performance.

18. TonyMBR

TonyMBR Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
    @The Worse

I actually smiled here when I've read your statement about how real shadows look like. Finally someone with the same perception I have. I've always told my friends that most of the games which have Ultra/Very High shadow options do not provide a real shadow quality, like GTA IV, where Very High Shadows look too much sharpened, so High is the most "realistic" to me.

That is essentially true. It just takes a look at our projected shadows over most of surfaces. The closer you are to a surface, the more accurate/sharpened the shadow will be, yet not as accurate as in video game effects. Since we all see Aiden's shadows from a distance ( just as the character himself), it makes no sense to apply such sharpened edges to shadows in general. They'd be just unrealistic, you're right about this.

Additionally, thanks for your efforts so far, I think the last release was incredible, yet I believe this 0.97 patch will be even better. You've worked to your own tastes and there's no better job than one which gives us satisfaction.

Additionally, I hope Maldo's Textures will work if I merge them within your next release. My hardware only accepts Medium Textures in order to run smoothly and with Maldo's files it became beautiful over the horrendous Medium Vanilla Textures.

Wish you the best. :)

19. russianlove

russianlove Guest

GPU:
    gainward gtx660
    TheWorse, the 0.97v^s changes are sounding as amazing as it is possible at all !!!
    I even do not believe that it can be fixed and changed in this game at all !!!

YUOR work is GREAT, ubisoft^s is a SHAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK A MILLION OF TIMES !!!!!!!!!!!

20. Syg0n

Syg0n Guest

GPU:
    yes I haz graphicz
    As someone already asked here- Will the new version be SLI friendly?
    Thanks mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.