Wolfenstein: The New Order - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    I am, and SLI. Game doesn't support both in playable way. [​IMG]

2. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Yeaj, i only have a ASUS VG248QE and a GTX 660 1.5GB. But im just putting that there for those who wanna play without the cap. It runs pretty well considering it wasnt intended. i do have some buggy parts occasionally but for the most part it does really well.

3. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Plenty of issues. Take a gander at Bethsoft's Wolfenstein support forum, least of which being the horrendous sound mixing/issues.

Testing a first patch for over a month after release? Puh-lease. Maybe if they have an orangutan doing the testing.

I bet it's a PR issue -- after the massive initial download forced on everyone when first installing (even physical games), I bet they're wanting to put some distance between that before asking people to download even more GB's.

4. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Give this man a gold medal!

Holy S$%$#te!!! I can't believe this works! You should be given an award here! Rep or something! Wow!

Too bad almost done with game.. Might have to start over to play it right..

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Do you have any idea how much effort and time actually goes into testing an update?
    Properly testing an update takes time, and there are various phases the update has to go through.

It's not as simple as fix something, load the game... that's fixed in that one time. Good. Done.
    They have to implement the fix, test the entire game to ensure the fix hasn't caused issues elsewhere (multiple times).
    Compare the results on multiple PC setups. And, with each feature they add or bug they fix... they must test them, and then retest the other changes to ensure the additional changes don't cause problems.

MachineGames does it's own internal testing, followed by Bethesda's own testing.

Yeah, they could push out an update in next to no time. But, then I'd bet we'd see a comment (or dozens) from people complaining about new problems, and screaming at Bethesda for not "testing their patches"...

Good, solid work takes time.

6. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Anyone have audio issues? Set to 5.1 and it sounds kinda muffled, like the gunshots are very quiet. Clearly not right.
    Set to 2.0 and no audio at all.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Sorry. I use a 2.1 system and my audio was working fine the last tmie I played.

8. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    Bah. This is annoying. I'm not gonna play the game if the sound's screwed up..

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Do you have a 5.1 setup/speakers? If not, some sounds are going to be more quite than others. ill have a go myself later and post back, but as is sound is fine.

Are there any other people having the same issue as you? Maybe reinstall sound drivers. Just try the basic stuff first before letting it rark you up.

10. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    Thanks for your comment.

I have 5.1 headphones and they're working great with all other games currently. I've read that some people have had various audio issues but I haven't seen anyone address this problem and provide a solution.
    Even in this thread, I think on the first page, someone mentioned an audio problem that sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing but there was no follow-up..

11. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    How far are you in the game? At the start i thought the weapon wounds were messed up, but it got better after a while.

12. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    I actually just exited the aircraft in the beginning and played for a few minutes. Ii haven't played it since then or beyond that so I don't know if it is just a problem in the beginning. I'll play a little further and see if I notice a difference.

13. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    EDIT: I figured out the problem and it was unrelated to the game; my headphones were intermittently shorting the center/subwoofer channel.

14. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Enjoy the rest of the game. MachineGames did an outstanding job.

Great story, great art design, outstanding voicework and cut-scenes (make sure you save Fergus so you get the Tekla storylines for one of the most beautiful cut-scene sequences I have ever seen in a video game).

15. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Anyone got an Ultra config? And is 16xAF possible? The game runs really well so I want to push the graphics to the max.

16. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Got this game during the Quakecon sale on Steam, but it really runs like crap, the lack of anti aliasing makes the game look really bad, tried to force AA to 16 by editing a file but then the game basically is a slide show. What am I doing wrong, I did not expect this crappy performance with my setup.

If I open Precision and check the gpu usage, its extremely erratic, going from 0 to 99% continuously, this is probably why the game stutters so much.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  17. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    ive killed the final boss,was a great game,well done!

18. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    16xAA is too much for any setup (there's no SLI or crossfire support). I use 4xMSAA + downsampling from 2560x1440

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    looking forwards to this still, just haven't the funds for games right now, though I've yet to finish a couple so i'm good.
    i'd like to go this then metro 2033 redux. nice double combo fps before the avalanche of games 4Q.
    i'll run it on my main 760 which is the cooler ftw one and hope for the best.

20. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    After trying out a few config's and tweaking settings in Inspector I've got the game looking good and running smooth. But every time I die, the level changes or there's a cutscene the game stalls and dumps me back to the desktop. If it happens before a cutscene, when I reload I find I've missed the cutscene entirely. I'm not far into the game and it's already ****ing me off!

Anyone have a solution or know what setting causes the problem?