SoftFireGL OpenGL Issues

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Jimbo17, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Jimbo17

Jimbo17 Guest

I have tried running my Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis Pro with SoftFireGL several times now... It loads everything fine, but I have no hardware openGL :( Anyone know why this is? TIA

2. Jimbo17

Jimbo17 Guest

Also, glinfo shows my card as a PCI device.... why?

3. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Install AGP drivers for your motherboard first depending on chipset, then apply the softfiregl drivers. The problem with hardware openGL should be fixed with that too.

regards

4. Jimbo17

Jimbo17 Guest

Your idea worked perfectly :) thanks but this $350 card still runs autodesk inventor 7 slower than my GF4 TI4200... Is there a reason behind this? Is NVIDIA better when it comes to their gaming level cards working well for modeling? And if so, should I buy a GF FX 5900 Ultra 256 or something along those lines?

5. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    I run Inventor myself and I had the better experience with nvidia cards and MCAD applications. Somehow I think ATI+Inventor=trouble, that´s what I experienced in my work with Inventor until IV 5.0

regards

6. jeuda

jeuda Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 OC 3GB
    Currently using Inventor 6 with ATI 9700pro. using Cat drivers only. nVidia cards are indeed better with CAD. No problem at all.

Dun get a 5600, not much improvement unless u want to enable AA.

7. Jimbo17

Jimbo17 Guest

Do you mean a 5900? The speeds of the 9700 Pro Atlantis are hosrrible in Inventor 7. My highschool's Oxygen VX1's do a better job =\ I need a card that has a balance of 3d modeling and gaming. My old GF4 TI4200 64MB was a great exaple, but it just isn't fast enough anymore