Centralized Thread for all Watch Dogs Mods: Let's work together!

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CongressBeta, Jul 4, 2014.

1. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    With permission (or not? depends on the forums rules) you can include links to other mods in the first post, which would be the most helpful anyway.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    this is a very good idea :thumbup:

3. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    speaks without trying it because if you read my thread and see my videos is not so ... Lol you're just doing an incredulous laugh so much ... :banana::banana: :D

4. DestinyExplorer

DestinyExplorer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760 2GB
    Did anyone figure out where the .lib files go? Will I need to crack open the game, and if so how?

5. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Dude, not playing into the drama. What's with the modders on this forum? And yeah I did try them (or at least version 1 when you made the password public) like I said, better performance but lower detail. Good for those who are having bottle neck issues. I haven't tried the others, but I'm not pming people asking for mods, it's either public or it isn't.

No you don't, just the patch.fat. I'm on my mac so this is from memory, but should be generic\database I think. In the games original files it's the engine file, which you can decrypt if you need to. If you're modding I suggest downloading the UBI patch and working from that, it'll include quite a bit of the files you may want with some of them updated. Plus you can just add whatever mod you're working on to it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  6. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    Medium Textures
    [​IMG]

My ultra Textures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Yes mister 770, we realize that its not your cup of tea. :bonk:

All I suggested, was that differing from the 25 E3 Watch Dogs threads going around, someone would be generous enough to spend oh idk an hour of their time working on a mod purely performance related, which may or may not be suited to all of you owners of i5's and i7's. :banana:

8. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    Are they the same?? not seem to me LoL :)
    Medium Textures
    [​IMG]

My ultra Textures
    [​IMG]

Medium Textures
    [​IMG]

My ultra Textures
    [​IMG]

Medium Textures
    [​IMG]

My ultra Textures
    [​IMG]

Medium Textures
    [​IMG]

My ultra Textures
    [​IMG]

9. DestinyExplorer

DestinyExplorer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760 2GB
    I've got a lib file I need to replace, how do I get to it?

10. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    First, no drama means drop the issue. I'm not commenting on this again. Though as to why you're comparing ultra to medium I have no idea. Even resized ultra will obviously be better. And again, I already said I suggested your mod for those with performance issues. I personally don't like it, though I don't need it so that doesn't really matter. Conversation over.

Well yeah that's kinda the point. I built my pc to max out any game I play (at 1080p at least). A feature reducing mod isn't out of the question, but it still requires work and testing, about as much as TW mod. None of the modders who don't have the bottle necking issue aren't likely to do this though as it's not something they need. Since we, or at least I, cant test that issue either. I'd suggest just trying Sunsets textures at like High and turning other features down or off.

11. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Decrypt your patch.fat file. Find, or make a generic\database folder (again from memory though so you may want to confirm the file path) and that'll do it. Than recompile your patch file.

12. DestinyExplorer

DestinyExplorer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760 2GB
    Is there a program I can find to unpack it?

13. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Check the first page of this thread. There's a post with a link to another thread all about modding the game. It'll tell you where to download the tool and how to do all of this.

14. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    my textures are between ultra and high, because there is any original textures and other resized... at 512KB many other are 1024kb, and other a 1536KB, high textures are only 1024 then my textures are better and run smooth because at high for many users there is a stuttering, that with my textures disappear...

15. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Moving. On.

On another note I mentioned this on TW's thread. The sound is iffy. I unzipped the two files and there's at least 500k .sbao files. I don't see a lib, rml, or xml to edit settings. Hopefully there's something in the engine.dat, otherwise this wont be fixed by anyone other than UBI.

~lol though I did find a way to turn on Unlimited Ammo and God mode.

~found a sound config in the engine\settings. I'll tinker with that, has a global sound value. I'll try doubling it.

~Tinkering done, volume issue looks fixed. I'll tweak it some to perfect it.

16. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Yeah, I got it to 30 fps finally. The thing is, 95% of the world was invisible, not gone, just freaking transparent, which is kind of the opposite of what I was going for. Well, if you're modding and you come across any straight variables like view distance... I'll be here.

17. ScHmOOze

ScHmOOze Guest

GPU:
    Msi 780ti Gaming OC
    Could you pm me the link for your V3 mate ?

Thanks !

18. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I had that issue. The UBI patch seemed to fix it. TW mod does too. I'll share the sound fix with him if he's interested so it'll be included in v0.9.

~The sound fix works, but it's subtle. Trying to adjust it to really make a difference.

19. Chronos.Nihil

Chronos.Nihil Guest

GPU:
    nVidua GTX 670 2GB 2xSLI
    So send me a PM with the password, I want to try since I have performance issues (although I think is more SLI related) but I can't stand the medium ones.

I do believe in your work, but still find this kind of behavior somehow foolish, but you're entitled to do that, I don't want, better won't spam the forum only for get a password.
    :gta:

Excuse my English

20. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Imho the most problems coming from forcing a 4K Render Setup the 4K support inside the Engine was really hushed the overhead gigantic :D

My personal goal will be optimizing everything for 1080p and have good closeup Realtime LOD results (no cutscene mode) :)

Im not so interested in trying to replicate the E3 results entirely though but more trying to get more homogen rendering results that fit together in the different Light States :) (Directional, Overcast, Interior, Night)

All this though in the context of the Artisticall Visions of Chicago setup by Ubisofts Artist :)

Performance wise i restrict myself to the 460 GTX 1 GB for this Goal :)

Im a Fan of a Organic Realtime Render look not so much of solid CGI Render results :)

So keeping Material Rendering Results will be 1 of my Main Goals :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Though with Lunayah's setup i almost found all this in a very good Performance Package :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014