After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    Sorry I meant bad multi-GPU support from Ubi's engine, not AMD or NVidia. My english isn't so good and I tend to use "french way to think" when it could be made much clearer in english with better suited words.:whip:

Indeed the resources utilization is completely off, and texture streaming system is obviously not made for the PC. Almost all the technical optimization part of the game has been badly thought out. Getting some texture streaming stutters with single GTX Titan Black or R9 290X and their massive bandwidth/VRAM amount is ridiculous..

2. brkbeatjunkie

brkbeatjunkie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
    no path.dat files are being created everytime I try to install the mod. Im following the directions given to the t. no path.dat file created.

I bet the OP means PATCH.DAT, the instructions are riddled with grammatical errors. Beware

3. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    How the game looks now.

[​IMG]

4. xShafted

xShafted Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 2g VRam
    Looks nice.

I have a question about interior car lights. In the E3 2012 video, Aiden opens a car door to save a civilian & interior lights came on. Is it possible to get that working again? I haven't seen that in the present game. :infinity:

5. Omegaferrari

Omegaferrari Guest

GPU:
    Gtx titan Black 6gb
    Wow

Looks cool, can't wait for the release, really enjoying the way watch dogs on pc looks. Hope the dark areas are also fixed.thanks in advance theworse. Please do as soon as you can, congrats on your great work!!!

6. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    I can't use it on 8.1, a windows asking for a permission is always behind the first one...
    Any help, please?

7. Soloman212

Soloman212 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 650M
    I don't know if it's different for when you're rescuing, but currently in vanilla when you open doors to get into cars the interior lights do come on, which is a cool effect.

8. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Is this on a partially cloudy day? It looks like there's some sun, but I can't tell.

9. xShafted

xShafted Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 2g VRam
    Sorry I'm a complete noob, but what exactly do you mean by vanilla?

10. Inu.Outer

Inu.Outer Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780 Lightning SLI
    He means the game as it comes from Ubisoft, without any mods.

11. Misterbond

Misterbond Guest

GPU:
    2 X GTX 660 TI
    I had the same problem. My solution was to directly execute the .exe that is asking permission, then when he asks put to not ask again for that file. After that execute normally. Worked for me

12. Bullern

Bullern Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 680 2GB
    Off-Topic: First time posting in this thread, huge fan of the E3 mod.

Back to topic: It is possible to save a civilian from a crashed car. But you can only do it during shoot-outs with enemies or the police. Many of the gameplay features from the E3 videos are present, only a bit tricky to perform in the game itself. The hands in the air animation when the police arrest you are also there. But only achievable to a certain chapter and you need one notoriety point from the police to do the animation.
    So I have done that and activated the black-out skill, to then use a takedown on the police and shoot the others in the leg and escaped.

13. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    guys i am sorry but when i try to apply the mod windows security comes up and become merged with the phone thing for the settings. i can't find anything here for this on the the forum so i'm asking it .thanks and sorry

14. AsuraX

AsuraX Guest

GPU:
    12G
    I completely agree with this, so many of you did nothing but whine and complain, it was like you all thought he was part of the team that works for Ubisoft. For the amount of work he put in normally by now he'd have made around 1000 or so in cash (keep in mind I have no idea what game designers are paid so this is a really rough estimate).

Thanks TheWorse, I've personally been waiting for the Mods to come out to help make the game more enjoyable.

Good luck on finishing this mod.

15. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I don't think he was asking if it was possible to save people from cars. I'm pretty sure he was asking about the interior lights of the car that turn on when the doors are opened. Basically in the E3 trailer when Aiden saves somebody the interior lights turn on when he opens the door; don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure they don't do that anymore in vanilla.

16. alessandrobutti

alessandrobutti Guest

GPU:
    Gtx670 2GB
    pag 39 and 41 of this 3d...

17. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
    I use the texture pack of sunset, but inside there are your files TheWorse, why not raining?'ve played a few hours and it never rained, you have changed the climate?

The rain is the only thing that Ubisoft has done well.

I await a response

18. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I'm using my own modifications and interior lights ALWAYS come on. There are also other mods on this forums which work great "interior lights work". If you're using mod 0.8 then you really should use another mod OR wait until the worse releases his updated mod, which will have a lot of bug fixes.

19. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Interior lights turned on in 0.8 version. Anyways you may have to try another "mod" with different colorgrading settings or whatever they actually changed. I'm going to retire probably and 0.9v may never see the light out. Say thanks to them* which made this possible!

20. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    The Worse.. Sending you a pm is impossible "there is one reason".. I will try to make this real short. As for people starting their own threads and releasing updated versions of yours and Kadzaits mod. I can completely understand why they have done it. A lot of people do not want to wait more than a day or two for fixes, let alone weeks. If a mod is released and something is broke "trash blowing around, trees moving weird" it should be fixed that day. Unless of course its something really hard to fix. You know as well as I do broken trees takes a few minutes to fix. That is the main reason for people releasing mods and it happens with every game that can be modded. Look at Skyrim, how many modders are there? Too many to count and its awesome. Heck I even made my own watch dogs modifications. Progress is to be made, not wait for one guy to do everything and just because you were one of the first, does not make it off limits to everyone else. If we did nothing we would still have nothing. Its now looks and works great and even I figured out how to make the game not stutter "accidently" and it has jack squat to do with textures. Only difference is I have kept it between me and another friend and it will stay that way. You had help "bilago" and "MalDo the master. I'm sure others tried but either were ignored "hard to read so many posts or pm's" or couldn't get in contact with you, so don't say no one tried to help you. Now, we all are thankful "I know I am" that you two got the ball rolling on making this game better. If it had not been you or him it would have been someone else. You guys take things the wrong way and way too personal, you let people get to you. Someone had to be first "usually never the last", it just happens to be you and Kadz. I really am grateful and I thank you.

PS, I don't know how much longer I will play this game but I still am waiting for an update from you, Good Luck.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.