After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finrecon

Finrecon Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290x DCU II OC
  2. Soloman212

Soloman212 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 650M
    Shots fired. :puke2:

But really now, he's posting screenshots with visible differences for the next version. XD Especially the darker storms, which is like the biggest change this mod seems to have ever made, and which wasn't in anyone else's mod.

3. rockopete

rockopete Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 770 4GB
    It's a great mod but can we keep that out of this thread? Maybe start a new thread if you want to compare them, this one has seen too much drama already. And as Soloman said, this mod isn't even finished.

4. jmx777

jmx777 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI @ 1400/6200
    Seriously??? sad.... very sad.... just wait and see...

5. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Agreed, I've tried other mods for comparison and some do look better in some regards, but nearly every single one is based on this mod. Which as previously stated isn't completed yet. As for performance TW mod is definitely above the others, I'm actually able to drive with max setting without running over groups of people and being chased by the police. I'm looking forward to v0.9.

6. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Hard headed? Vegetation displacement map size which has nothing to do with multi gpu scaling actually fixes it, and you blame me for that. You are such a troll.

No more releases? I made releases even when he was releasing a version per day that changed nothing from the actual game.

And stop posting videos of other "mods" which are based on this one with 2 different values.

Some of them look better? If you take screenshots at a good time of day and at a good location every single screenshot is going to look better.

Also some mods are having fun with the tags ^^

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    6666 posts :nerd:

OT, Looking forward to final release.

8. lighter

lighter Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 780Ti
    I downloaded the 0.8 theWorse, but I have a lot of problems textures full of bugs, trees and lights that flicker and the game stutters anyway, when a final version that fixes everything?

9. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    :3eyes:

10. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    You can't call any of editing game files a "mod" The video you linked nor TheWorses "mod" is a anything done from scratch, its just a compilation of tweaks to enhance the game, similarly to tweaking .ini files (obviously with less walls of encryption) for Killer is Dead, or Borderlands to enhance the visual fidelity that the engine already handles, it isnt a 3rd party modification hooking into the game.

So who ****ing cares if he links a video, but really, overall its all the same ****, TheWorse just got the recognition first because journalists will write about anything because videogame journalism is ****. Thats beside the point, and PCGamer and everyone who has access to them on Facebook, or whatever social network that is trending for you, caught access to this forum, hence 1 post's saying "Link?!" "How to install sweetfx?!?" Why not just have this thread for "tweaks" on the game, and the guy can link his tweaks.

But it is not a mod. For Gods Sake

Underhell is a mod, Cry of Fear is a mod, Garry's mod is a mod, ENB is a mod, Sweetfx is a universal mod, but you get the point.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014

11. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    We are aware that at the moment everything is unpacking/packing files and changing values in xml files, still , it is called a Mod (Modification).
    From wiki: A mod or modification is the alteration of the program code of a video game in order to make it operate in a manner different from its original version.

So it is a mod, but I get your point ^^

12. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    The fact of the matter that people have these inane arguments of who did what and people defending whoever and people insighting conflict just because of bias. Just share tweaks and appreciate them.

But really its a mod when you take 3rd party programs not just Notepad, you open up Photoshop or Compressanator and edit textures, or open Notepad++ and force custom code into the game.

13. 65Wat

65Wat Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    This images and post count restriction is autistic.

Help?
    *i.imgur.com/hokhTbB.jpg

14. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    Go to start menu bar, and click on WDTool

If you cant click on the GUI, then that should help.

15. 65Wat

65Wat Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    This is going to sound retarded, but "start menu bar"?
    Also, that's the weird thing. I can toggle the options on and off, I just can't see the buttons to the right, such as the cancel and apply buttons.

16. Soloman212

Soloman212 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 650M
    Yeah, I agr- Hey what? That last part sounds more like a personal issue. Not cool bro. Vigilante>Menace.

17. Soloman212

Soloman212 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 650M
    [​IMG]
    Looks something like this?

18. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    Does the Bokeh DoF setting reduce performance?

19. 65Wat

65Wat Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    No need to be a smartass, it's called the taskbar anyways-not the start menu bar.
    Anyways, this is great. Just because I don't use a ****huge 90000000000x900000000000 monitor i can't use the config tool.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  20. Omegaferrari

Omegaferrari Guest

GPU:
    Gtx titan Black 6gb
    Congratulations theworse

I think the work done by the theworse is awesome, I would like to contribute by pointing a dark area, that happens at the beginning of the campaign, inside the stadium where you do your first distracting bomb, it's like the lights are off, but i remember in vanilla there was indoor light. That's one point, I don't want to restart the game but if someone can verify this , maybe this can help to identify why it happens. Keep up the great work! And this is indeed a mod (comes from the word modification)! Hope v.0.9 comes soon , thanks in advance!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.