clock settings for FX 5200?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by lagrafx, Aug 21, 2003.

1. lagrafx

lagrafx Member

GPU:
    GeForce FX 5200
    is there a guideline relationship for raising gpu core and cpu memory clock speeds?

i.e. if you raise core from 250 to 280, is there a guide to how far you can raise gpu memory clock?

i'm having trouble raising clock speeds inside Nvidia control panel. says it won't take any higher speed w/o testing first and ALL tests fail at any speed change. auto-detect just leaves settings at default. any suggestions here?

2. kondik

kondik Guest

Hi man, i have FX5200 too. When i want to overcloc it, i mus change the fun on GPU + i stick passive coolers on ram, then zoy can make an Ultra 300/650 :D

3. lagrafx

lagrafx Member

GPU:
    GeForce FX 5200
    how have you changed the clock speeds?

and how much improvement do you get out of that?

4. Spuk0

Spuk0 Guest

GPU:
    P/C Vega 64 Devil
    The reason your unable to change the clock settings in the driver just depends on the driver version. I know 44.03 driver allows me to test and save beyond what its capable when testing in benches/games. The new drivers will not, so you have to use coolbits or any other utilitiy that modifies the registry. I personally like NVHardpage adds more options in the driver.

5. kondik

kondik Guest

Its easy. Take off the stupid fun on your vga and change it with fun from old pentium, then stick it on the GPU with something so it dont fall down. same thig make with RAMs, then turn on The Riva Tuner or nVidiaHard and slowly change the frequencies. Dont change freqencies from 250/400 to 300/650 once!!!! your vga will burn. Make it slowly, frt 260/520 then 270/540 and so.

Good luck :)

6. lagrafx

lagrafx Member

GPU:
    GeForce FX 5200
    thanks all!

i'll post results when i have something.

7. kondik

kondik Guest

Hi nasa15, (half year ago)I try the AutoWizard and -> the card is no more.

8. kondik

kondik Guest

Arrrrrr. I was sooooo stupid. Now my FX is wery well cooled :D

9. kondik

kondik Guest

??? on my FX was from begining a big cooler, but it was so slow like a dreaming ...... it has a house on his back its so slow, i cant remember, im not good in english

10. kondik

kondik Guest

thx, but what is the name of this animal :D ???

11. PCPETE

PCPETE Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB
    not quite sure on overclocking these beasts. but start with a 5% increase than go out slowly and use caution wwhen you o/c by 10%. I cant wait to get my Prolink Fx5200. Its at 275/500 stock!!! But anyways, check the nanosecond rating on your memory as well.

12. PCPETE

PCPETE Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB
    yup, cooling as everyone says would be a +!

13. kondik

kondik Guest

Im working (professionaly) with graphic cards and they technologis for 4 years so i now much about overclocking, cooling, voltaging and so :D

14. lagrafx

lagrafx Member

GPU:
    GeForce FX 5200
    how are you guys getting into the xxx/500 ranges?

my stock clock on my card is 250/400.

that sound right?

15. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    hey lagrafx, what fx5200 do you have? ive got here a 270/332(not oc'ed), why is urs 270/400?

16. lagrafx

lagrafx Member

GPU:
    GeForce FX 5200
    mine's a PNY FX 5200

no idea why those are the clock settings...

when i go into the clock adjustments in the 45.23 drivers (starstorm), that's what the default settings are at under the 'advanced 3D' drop down.

what i'm trying to figure out is how some people on futuremark are showing clocks at 300/500-600 ...

17. Spuk0

Spuk0 Guest

GPU:
    P/C Vega 64 Devil
    All the FX5200s will have the same GPU unless there's a few newer revisions but I don't think there are for the 5200. Anyways OEMs put different speed ramchips on their boards. Some have crappy 6ns while others 4ns or slightly faster on the 5200s. Even some have the really crappy 64bit bus instead of 128bit. Then you have options of 64/128/256M amount of onboard ram.

Come to think of it I believe I answered this question once before!:rolleyes: