Best Mods for Oblivion and New Vegas?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DirtyDan, Jun 29, 2014.

1. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Was looking for the best mods for both. Mainly graphically but also gameplay wise

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    So what ? He can't ask about user experiences on a mod in the actual PC gaming section of this forum ? This IS the right place to ask such questions.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Oblivion there are lots of mods, look out for any Overhaul Mods. Same for New Vegas, also try nVamp for New Vegas as that has loads of mods rolled into one.

5. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I personally loved Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. It made the game far more challenging and rewarding. It's definitely a bit hardcore. Oblivion was so easy as it was though, it needed some teeth, and this mod has teeth in spades.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul @ Nexus Mods

6. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    As alternatives to OOO (^the above) check out Francesco's and Martigen's Monster Mod + Qarl's Texture packs are great.

I can't comment on New Vegas yet since it's still on my backlist.

7. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    For Oblivion:
    - the ones mentioned above
    - Deadly reflex 6; this overhauls combat and makes it more fun and extremely violent :D

8. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    I Tried UVIII but it had this weird free cam "ARMA" camera glitch. Also im really wanting total high res textures, clothing and skin replacements, texture replacements, parralax stuff and how to get good performance out of both.

9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Let me post here what Gembel send me once for Oblivion:

10. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    Probably directing him elsewhere because modding Oblivion is such an expansive undertaking.

I spent three hours one night just installing the game and setting up a mod-friendly infrastructure.

11. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Just 3 hours? It took more than that to set up the base game as well as setting up the textures mod and several UI mod for the base games. Than you will have to decide on what feature mod you want to enhance the base game and then the total game changer mod. That is a massive amount of works!

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    This forum taught me that no matter how you mod Oblivion, all the Khajiit NPC's have their dongs flapping in the wind. Good luck.

13. reno_skychaser

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    Yeah, I wasn't even counting the minimal amount of ACTUAL mods I actually put in, which was just like 3 or 4. Only wanted to improve the base games visuals. Some texture mods, character overhaul, ENB series..

14. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Yeah I heard MMM was good...

There's also a version for Fallout 3, but not NV, kinda of got burned by that stage.

15. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Loved your mod in Oblivion was and is possibly one of the must have mods for the game

16. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Wow you still have my post :D

17. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44676/?

This one is a must have.
    After I tried it, I found out Oblivion being pretty much unplayable without it.

Also, a good ENB preset can provide miracles for this game, even more than a lot of "pseudo-Hires-textures" out on nexus can do (people who resizes vanilla textures to a higher resolution and apply a sharp filter, totally disgusting).

There is some good texture replacers for Oblivion, but IMHO not in the same quality as some Skyrim ones. You will loose some time in order to find out those which really worth the trouble.

18. reno_skychaser

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    I went with the 1.0 version, its a good enough improvement over the base character models, and a lot easier to install.

For ENB I have an SSAO/SMAA Only configuration. Didn't really want post-processing overkill, just something to make the world pop a little more.