After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jynxx

Jynxx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7990 6GB
    Well, I usually consider myself able to handle things like this with no problems, but this one has me frustrated. First, I did what you said and entered my game path in the cfg. Then I ran the tool. It never updates my patch files in the data_win64 directory.
    Also, I have no idea if/how I am supposed to use the new texture files. I got the entire 1.5gb file, and I have tried running the tool in Windows 8 compatibility and as administrator. I don't get any errors or anything, but the patch files never change. I even renamed their extensions to dat_ and fat_ to see if that changed anything, but it didn't do anything at all.

Does anyone have any ideas? I would love to be able to play this game the way I expected it to be (and then some!).

This mod looks amazing TheWorse, and I am EXTREMELY excited to be able to use Maldo's textures. I still play Crysis 2 because of his textures alone ;-)

2. Nexxus Img

Nexxus Img Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI
    Any ETA on .9s release?

3. SeptimaEspada

SeptimaEspada Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 770 / 2GB
    Great, thank you for your help!

4. durjoy184

durjoy184 Guest

GPU:
    I5-2500K @ 4.5GHz
    the forum has gotten pretty big, so sorry if this has been covered. Will the 0.9 version have DOF for cover, car , swimming as well? (i havent yet downloaded 0.8 as it seems to have a lot of bugs)

5. NotBartSimpson

NotBartSimpson Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 670M 3 GB
    I love this mod. It makes the game so much more visually enjoyable. I have to play on medium textures, to keep it from stuttering, with everything else set to high. I can't use MalDo's texture pack because it stutters too much still so I deleted about half of his textures, keeping things like the road, ground, signs, and I get a nice mix of high quality with the original medium textures. Runs stutter free that way. Love it. I also set my game to rain and storm all of the time. :)

6. jakey1995abc

jakey1995abc Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX770 OC 2gb
    Can you please update this tool to work with 'all versions' of the game ;) Also thanks for making this amazing tool guys :D

7. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    From the 0.9 screenshots the DOF looks much more realistic, like how it would be in real life. I find the versions with DOF really close arent realistic, anything that blurs after 200m is ideal.

8. rockopete

rockopete Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 770 4GB
    I find that DOF works well for still pictures but not so much for gameplay. Since it's linked to where your character is looking rather than where your eyes are looking, it pulls you out of the game because you have to remember to orient your character to face whatever it is you're interested in. Which is realistic in terms of the in-game world but feels very awkward to humans who are accustomed to simply looking at things, whether by turning our own heads or shifting our eyes.

9. Syg0n

Syg0n Guest

GPU:
    yes I haz graphicz
    Q

So I'm not currently near my PC, and won't be for the next few days. So I'll just ask-
    How do I make the mod + texture pack work? Do I throw the whole- "TheWorse Mod 0.8 + MalDo Config Tool v1" directory into the game dir, and then open the WDTool and set everything including "Ultra texture hack" on and applying? or do I need to move some folders somewhere or anything at all? I do know that applying will generate the patch files that I need to put in the game dir.
    And by the way will the whole thing work with the latest ubi-patch?
    Thanks!

10. kamui240397

kamui240397 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780 ti classified 3gb
    I dont understain how to instal the sweetfix :/.

11. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    I need help installing this mod. The instructions are incredibly confusing. Can anyone help me?

12. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Those are some really natural looking screenshots. Props to you.

13. schidddy

schidddy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x Crossfire
  14. Raptorpocalypse

Raptorpocalypse Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC
    Already have the WdTool running as admin, and I've already unblocked the "Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe (reason pop up shows behind the tool and is un-clickable) but Gibbed.exe is still crashing after I apply changes to the tool and telling me it can't find the patch.fat in the "Mod_Selection" folder. Any other ideas lol?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  15. TheSaiyanVegeta

TheSaiyanVegeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ti
    I've got the mod installed, but when I use the tool and close it after I make my changes nothing shows in game. What am I doing wrong?

(UPDATE) Finally got the problem figured out. The mod is up and running and my game is practically flawless and looks better too! I wish I could squeak out 60FPS but it looks like V-Sync kills it no matter what. The better lighting, bokeh depth of field set to low, and the ultra texture hack, I am practically set!

16. OcTane

OcTane Guest

GPU:
    asus gtx 670TdirectCUII
    hey worse is the performance of the game increased in 0.9?? i mean less shuttering??

17. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    schidddy: I didn't touch anything related to graphics cards performance. Watch dogs prefers nvidia cards and also hates sli or crossfire configurations for some people. Ask ubisoft to fix that problem, not me.

About the performance for 0.9, it should be improved with less stuttering, I don't do magic. If you have a 2gb card and want to play with ultra textures take in mind that you may experience stuttering still.

I didn't try MalDo patch v3, can someone send me a link?

18. OcTane

OcTane Guest

GPU:
    asus gtx 670TdirectCUII

yes thanks i understand i have a 2gb card........and the game is stuck with 40 fps and shuttering at high textures no matter what i do...

19. dXJensen23

dXJensen23 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770
    Thank you, will try this wen i get home.

D.

20. Klingenseele

Klingenseele Guest

GPU:
    760 GTX
    Hey there,

how can I change the camera?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.