Stutter in ALL games with SLI enabled...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by nafeasonto, Jun 29, 2014.

1. nafeasonto

nafeasonto Guest

GPU:
    Dual GTX 670's/2GB
    I can run either single card fine I have dual 670s. I get stutter in every game running in SLI mode, and it's not a little bit, it's a lot.

What would this indicate. I looked at the SLI guide and it says use NVIDIA inspector, I don't get a screen similar to GPU-Z and given the ability to overclock. I see people are editing the hex of each setting for a better experience.

The speed is amazing in my games, but the stutter is insane. Is there a guide to reduce this, or completely get rid of it. Do i have something configured wrong? What is it exactly?

2. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Try enabling v-sync in the game settings or use D3DOverrider.

You could also try using MSI Afterburner to cap your frame rate.

Sometimes it takes just the right combination of settings\tools on a per game basis to get the smoothest results.

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    If he's getting stuttering in every game then something different is going on. VSync is not the solution for microstutter as it adds in its own drawbacks.

OP, what drivers, tried different ones?

4. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    They were suggestions for settings\tools to try and see if it helped, maybe get some more feedback. Never said it was going to solve the issue.

Could be a driver issue as you suggested or possibly hardware related such as a bad SLI bridge connection or the bridge itself.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014

5. nafeasonto

nafeasonto Guest

GPU:
    Dual GTX 670's/2GB
    I have double bridges, in a SLI setup, I just need to bridge one conenctor right? Would that make a difference if I bridged both?

I tested each card individually and they seem to both work smoothly. When SLI is activated that's when it goes to ****. Like even if I select SINGLE GPU for a particular game in it's setting in the NVIDIA control pane, I still get the stuttering.

I have to completely disable SLI.

6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    You only need one bridge.For good measure uninstall your current driver, clean with ddu, re-install most recent driver selecting clean install.Using Nvidia Inspector force vsync on, tear control on adaptive.No need for Triple buffering with current drivers and report back.If you have two bridges then I'd try one at a time to rule them out of the equation.

7. nafeasonto

nafeasonto Guest

GPU:
    Dual GTX 670's/2GB
    I have NVIDIA inspector but I don't see any settings to set any settings with it, just a screen similar to GPU-z. And I literally just reinstalled windows, so everything is fresh.

Oh i see it the hammer. Okay ill report back.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Incorrect. it depends on his resolution and refresh rate. If he's running 1440p or above at high refresh rates, he'll need both bridges.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm only running one bridge.

10. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    Supposedly, two bridges are completely useless as the second connector isn't used unless three-way SLi is enabled. SLi was even broken for some in the past wen using two connectors instead of one on two-way SLi systems.

11. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Thank you for educating me eclap.Me and my single lowly 120hz 1080p monitor experience would never have guessed.I shall remember to ask these totally relevant questions prior to trying to help someone clearly distraught by their current situation because YOU just reminded me why YOU'RE so awesome! :)

I'm being sarcastic only because I feel like fking with you.Please don't take it seriously as it was meant to be humorous and I have nothing against you or anyone here personally.I'm just being a comedic a$$hole and seriously hoping you have a sense of humor! :D

12. nafeasonto

nafeasonto Guest

GPU:
    Dual GTX 670's/2GB
    So wait people are saying two different things, should I use both bridges or no? I am only running on 1600x900./

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Try one and see if your problem persists.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    You only need one. the 2nd bridge is if you have 3 cards. (like mentioned above).

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I only have 1 sli bridge to my name.

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Nope, 2nd is not used in any situation

17. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    My 2 cents ? Ditch SLI and get one good card.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Been using SLI for two years now reletively problem free.

19. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    CrossFire is the one that requires two bridges for high pixel clocks common at 1440p 96Hz+. It affects stability. That means cards prior to the 290 series cannot be used in trifire @ 1440p 96Hz+. Also, the 7990 might have issues due to their basically being one Crossfire interface in-between the two GPUs. Just some side info.

Some of us have relatively trouble-free multi-GPU setups even after comparing smoothness to that of a single GPU (smoothness is the same at same FPS). FCAT results show that scientifically in a graph.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you're right, it seems, thought it was the same as crossfire

yawn, go away.
    yeah, thought it was the same on sli.