After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunns

Bunns Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6670 2GB
    The path.dat file didn't show up for me, does this work for a pirated version of the game?

2. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No idea, maybe ask UBISOFT.

3. lordkahless

lordkahless Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X SLI
    LOL - They must be joking.

4. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Guest

GPU:
    HD 7970
    Uh, I think it's a typo. I think he meant "patch.dat". These mods have always been placed in the game via patch.dat and patch.fat files. The only difference using WDT makes is being able to configure it yourself.

Anyways, I installed as described above and I'm not 100% sure but I think everything including the texture performance is working having already had that one in place. I can see the minimal bloom effect I selected, the headlight shadows are working properly, and I can even detect changes between the default and enhanced lighting.

I'm also getting a closer camera angle having selected that option, and performance is pretty good while driving. I dropped the textures to High to enable 4x AA though. This is one game that looks too jaggy with anything less.

5. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    It's because TheWorse misspelled it in his description by accident. There are other things in it that need correcting too. Hope he sees it.

6. AsuraX

AsuraX Guest

GPU:
    12G
    TheWorse

Thanks so far for creating this.

Really looking forward to .9 and eventually 1.0 mod.

Ignore some these jerks, in the end of the day remember that if it were that easy to fix this game more would be doing it, which means you know what your doing and good on you.

7. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'm not going to put a release date anymore, is ready when its ready and then I'll update the first page. Everytime I put a release date I end up uploading it later and with problems. Because my life is random as everyone, sometimes I use my time on other stuff.

About version 0.9 you'll be able to download a version with MalDo patch and another without it. For the heavier version I'm gonna need just one person with a good upload speed that can unpack 0.9 and add the textures from MalDo, Pack them again and upload it.

8. TimmyDev

TimmyDev Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti 1GB
    I got 3Mbps up, TheWorse..

9. Spoonie

Spoonie Guest

GPU:
    6gig Titan Sli
    Ok, So I've tried so many variations of these mods - mostly trying to get the game stutter free. I appreciate everyone's work that has gone into them, and for the most part I seem to have the best success with TheWorse mod so far. I still have dramas with some stuttering, which causes me to have to constantly tweak my settings, so I'm hopeful one day something will fix all my issues :)

Keep up the good work!

10. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080
    TheWorse I have 100/10mbps at work and 50/5mbps at home, just PM me when you need to upload something :)

11. Braknar

Braknar Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760
    TimeScale? That sounds an awful lot like something I was hoping to find, a way to slow time. The day/night cycle goes way too fast for me. But isn't that what TimeScale would mean? Or does the game actually note the time of day you last saved played in the xml?

12. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So if TW is no longer producing a MOD after this next version or two I wonder if there is anyone else with the experience to take over? Does anyone know of other sites or ppl on here?

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I don't think anyone cares anymore. We want to play a game for a change.

14. schidddy

schidddy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x Crossfire
    Sorry if im writing this again, its something important for me u just wanted to let u know @ the worse, anything from u, if u can just tell that that u have no interesst in looking into this just tell me. Thx in advance

15. SGTpw

SGTpw Guest

GPU:
    760GTX
    Nobody is taking over. People that make mods for free are the empathetic kind. Hence they improve a game for free and share this with others.

That same higher empathetic level is the reason they are not willing to spend their free time and energy on a bunch of loud mouth, narcissistic, unappreciatative kids and underdeveloped men.

Such a shame. You can have 10 people complementing someone, and 1 person being an *******. All you will think about is that one *******s' comments.

16. gokugami

gokugami Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6670 1gb gddr5
    Hey Worse... i m impressed by your work... i have one question...
    will watch dogs work on my pc with your latest 0.8 modification...

my sys specs
    : * AMD Athlon 270 x2 3.4 ghz 2 Core Processore
    : * Ram 8 gb ddr3 kingston hyperx
    : * Sapphire AMD HD 6670 1gb gddr5:

i want to know if the game will work smooth on lowest settings with your mod...

i know the minimum req for the game for the processor is 4 core
    but i have 2 core processor...
    please help me...
    i will only download ur mod when i m sure that it will work perfect on my system...

i have low bandwidth connection... please help me .... please

17. sulleyboo0

sulleyboo0 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780ti SLI
    Well, I have a server at home and I control an entire network so PM me if you need any help. At your service.

18. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    After v0.9, and 1.0 if it's necessary and TW releases it, the game will be as playable as we can really expect and further work wont really be necessary. The mod isn't necessarily about changes but restoring the game to meet our full exceptions from the E3 demo and optimize performance so it actually functions correctly. As far as modding the game to customize it and make changes that's up to anyone who has an idea for something and wants to take the time to do it. Most of us however are just concerned with making the game actually work.

Though a mod allowing us to drive the giant spider tank during regular gameplay would be pretty awesome (I haven't played that far into the game, but I assume it's just a mini game and the vehicle's obviously not available otherwise).

19. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'll contact sulleyboo0 for 0.9 version + MalDo patch.

This is one screenshot of 0.9 not final which shows some changes to the fog and the lighting during heavy storms.

[​IMG]

Edit: Another one

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  20. Glasofruix

Glasofruix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    Looking nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.