Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD ( Game Files + XML ) WIP and download

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by kadzait24, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madfighter27

Madfighter27 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 TI EVGA OC
    Sorry for the quick post, but just figured out where the file goes. If you specify a file to unpack to, like his guide says, you have to be specific where you want it. So for me, it put it in my "User" file. So make sure you enter the specific directory you want, then the name you want, and a put a / at the end of it.

2. S1Lent40

S1Lent40 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780 ACX 3g
    I appreciate all the help. But I have been struggling on this for awhile, my head hurts. I will just wait for the next version. Thanks again!

3. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    ToyTen, you have stuttering with the monster rig in your profile? I'm speechless.

I have a friend working at a very high profile gaming company. He said that when they tried the game in their office, it acted differently on every rig that had similar configurations. Said it worked fine on his own personal computer at home, but not smooth on the systems at their office.

I've dedicated my last month to trying to understand what's wrong with the game. The problem solver for me was a hardware upgrade, I changed my i5 2500 with i7 4790 and the stuttering was gone. I don't mean to say the game performs good- it's still a mess on PC with jumpy framerate but at least when I lock it down to 30 frames per second, it's stutter free and I can max it out. Thanks to Maldo's optimized textures I can use the ultra textures too.

What a strange piece of software this game is. I don't even think Ubisoft knows what's going on with the game, if they did they could eliminate the stuttering with the latest patch. Some people report that it's actually gotten worse for them.

4. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Reporting a bug with lighting from a certain lightbulb. Every where in the game where this certain light fixture is, this happens. Closer you get to the light, the worse it gets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    It's easier to drag the folder or patch to the exe you are going to use. The cmd window will launch and unpack/pack automatically. No need to open any windows.

6. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yes you are right, now that i finished checking all the settings on defaultrendering.xml, the main performance hit was from the shadow

7. Campacci2k

Campacci2k Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X 3 GB
    I believe that the color of the headlights should be more original.

[​IMG]

But I really like this version! =D

8. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    @Plissken

To me, win8.1 64 geforce 337.90 icafe drivers beeing my setup hardware-wise 4Ghz on CPU, RAM at their stock timing voltages appart from 1T in BIOS.
    The best W_D experience i have today is TW 0.7+ubi's1.03+VAAS and actually no sweetfx.

There's no stutters with this choice.

The Maldo's fix, i don't like the way it looks, i'm on MSAA2X ingame and FXAA in nvcpl atm.

I'm just going along you know,

Against me now: i don't disable sli, i know... I have 5 displays, all is running fine in most of my apps, 3 of my displays are nvidia surround
    I don't have a regular setup so im not complaining, just reading as much as i can and testing things as all of us here

I don't want to make all those changes like going to nvcpl "activate all displays" just for one game and the have to revert back for the next one.

I hope Ubi knows what the heck they're doing tbh !

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  9. Madfighter27

Madfighter27 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 TI EVGA OC
    Ah, I didn't try that. Good to know, thanks.

10. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X OC
    Actually if you move the patch.dat file with the mouse clicked on top of Unpack.exe it automatically unpacks, and when you finish, if you move the whole patch_unpacked folder on Pack.exe then it packs it, however names it patch_unpacked.dat and .fat, delete "_unpacked" portion and you are good to go.

11. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Well with Maldo's sraphics folder merged with no replacing, if you set it Ultra it will use the ultra texture that are no mipmapped/unpacked kind of easier to proccess form I think, that's why eventhough I used Maldo fix along Kadz mod, I select Ultra textures and also the rest is Ultra too, and this way it just stutters once in a while but smoother in general.

12. ForestOfStars

ForestOfStars Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 4gb GDDR5
    Agreed, i'd rather have more function than listen to music.

-------------------------------------

so i complied some screens of bugs i bumped into.

Flickering shadows
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Smudged gunshot Decals
    [​IMG]

Dirty peel-outs
    [​IMG]

13. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Use Maldo fix along Kadz mod and stick with Ultra textures, you will have smoother gameplay, sutter is once in a while if there at all. ANd this way you can get you shadows to Ultra as well, no performance hit when there is no stutter, at least for a beastly rig like yourself. And mine too can handle all Ultra with Kadz+Maldo fix.

14. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    the gunshot decals was intended ,Kadz mentioned that he was testing stuff with that

15. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Yea your right mate i have no prob with my 4gb card either... Seen the same thing in this video from OC3D TV

Watch from minuted 12:50 onwards he explains the same thing:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81n0v1pilmE

MUST WATCH...

16. PC-GTX

PC-GTX Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti Boost SC 2 GB
    bugs everywhere Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD 5.0 Beta Test 3
    shadow away from the posts, car suddenly appears there

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
  18. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    I am starting to think ubisoft was right about turning on things will break the game. The game performs well for me but has a tone of bugs that i don't think will ever be able to fix. for every bit of beauty, we will get few different bugs. So i think it's ****ed...

19. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    nothing that makes the game unplayable

20. classick

classick Guest

GPU:
    r9 280x
    I dnt have those problems..maybe u have some kind of conflict..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.