After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edgarhighmen

Edgarhighmen Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 1gb HDradeon5770
    there are more settings: ambient fog, enhanced rain

I can't change my camera distance via the GUI (grayed out) and trying to redo the process and setting my DOF to low leaves me with an empty DOS window (nothing happening)

2. Madfighter27

Madfighter27 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 TI EVGA OC
    Alright. If you have steam you can add me on there and link me to your upload when you've done it.
    Steam ID is Ser Squeebles. Just like that.

3. Edgarhighmen

Edgarhighmen Guest

GPU:
    Did you guys know this: The Blume Agent Outfit, which gives you a weapon boost which reduces your weapon's recoil.

The DedSec Outfit, which gives you a hacking boost to hack everything in Chicago much faster.

And finally the Chicago South Club Outfit which gives you a driving boost.

what about the viceroy and other outfits?

4. gold333

gold333 Member

GPU:
    GTX670CUII oc'd
    Here is a small tip for THE WORSE.

If this is the patch to give players the game shown at E3 make a default E3 Watch Dogs patch version.

The way it looks now there will be too many options:

Option A: Default camera angle upper right shoulder colorgradient c12 with textures medium by Mayhem v3

Option F: Default camera middle back of head colorgradient c15 with textures by Karzai v0.9

Etc etc

There's nothing wrong with options, but I reccomend a "Default" setting that aims to emulate the game shown at E3 as much as possible (E3 camera's, E3 color, E3 Bloom, an optimised faster texture set that isn't too different to what was shown at E3 etc.).

People checking this thread every day might know what all of those texturres and different options mean but people who just play Watch Dogs (like the rst of the world) and Bloggers, WON'T.

To be famous and give fans the Watch Dogs that was promised at E3 you gotta try a one click Default install.

5. Barcaborn

Barcaborn Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X 3GB
    Regarding the movement of the taller trees with version 0.8 of WorseMod

Are your trees twitching awkwardly from time to time cuz mine are after applying version 0.8 of the WorseMod. The trees used to sway naturally in version 0.7 of the WorseMod however. Everything else is great in version 0.8 and the hacked ultra textures look fantastic. Really appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance :)

6. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I think there needs to be clear instruction with the texture optimisation mod as to whether ultra or high needs to be enabled in options to enable them as there is some confusion.

7. CrYsi2

CrYsi2 Guest

GPU:
    Myst 7870 1250/1600
    some please tell me how to install the worse fx in windows 8.1, i paste in to the bind/watchdogs, but, when y play, say this, not found CreateDXGIFactory2 :s HELP MEE

8. Edgarhighmen

Edgarhighmen Guest

GPU:
  9. peshellas

peshellas Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 270X OC 2GB GDDR5
    The GUI configurator has only one page of settings and depending on what you choose it adds the corresponding files. if you mean in general the worse has tweaked those or that he can tweak them even more, yes of course but i just said that the current maldo configurator with his textures and theworse 0.8 combined only have one page of options on what the created mod will include. I m sure if people learn to use it properly(i think most got it or can understand it through the guides if they are not lazy and jump to the last page), it would help theworse include many options in his future releases to help people tailor the mod to their needs, and of course their computers power(different settings depending on gpu, cpu etc, so noone stutters).

Sorry for making long posts i dont know why i do it today.. :/

Edit: my bad the configurator you were using is the first version, if u see at the first post the one i reuploaded is the second version that has removed those options for some reason, and fixed some tree issues. read the OP.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  10. peshellas

peshellas Guest

GPU:
    a friend of mine has a perfectly working 5770 with phenom 2 x4 955 black box and he cant play it above medium at all. maybe its a ram limitation since he has only 4gb, but i dont know if thats what limits him.

11. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I can tell you what limits him. His PC is freaking old! I wouldnt even try to run Watch Dogs on that thing. Maybe If I was desperate but no its an old PC. That video card he has is not meant for games of this caliber. Yes it can run it but not very well. HD 5770 has 1Gb of Vram so he needs to lower his resolution and play with low settings if he wants better performance.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  12. peshellas

peshellas Guest

GPU:
    well actually he plays it at a little less than 1080p, but with medium settings, and now with these mods his performance is better. so yeah he cant max it like me but he can play it decently till he gets a new rig. Remember tha this game originally(e3 2012) run at a similar configuration with yours, with all effects enabled and those physx smokes in the club and 3d lightbulbs not just texture on the club ceiling and more..now even way more powerfull GPU like 270x/280x/290x or even the gtx 780, cant max it at absolute ultra with no stuttering, cause ubi downgraded the game. with the same setup he plays 1080p maxed AC 4, so i believe he could do better than just medium at WD.

PS: man sorry again for long postinh i really need to rest guys. goodnight.

13. younggun

younggun Guest

GPU:
    780 Superclocked
    Hate to say it, but seems like there's more stuttering in 0.8 then previous versions... Should I edit my xml file like that was use to be part of the install process?

14. kriskus24

kriskus24 Guest

GPU:
    Asustek GTX 560M - 2GB
    this is exactly what i was thinking at the first time, but not now. actually MalDo did the job, but you just have to take a little more time to configure your needs and your specs capabilities on WDtools. seriously, just take your time to configure those settings once more. don't forget to set up your nvidia inspector, and radeon pro profile for Watch Dogs, they should help you little more

15. kriskus24

kriskus24 Guest

GPU:
    Asustek GTX 560M - 2GB
    doesn't matter if you have applied your wdtools configuration, the patch files still there, and as long as you never click at the "tick" button, your patch files will never make a change.. :)

16. kriskus24

kriskus24 Guest

GPU:
    Asustek GTX 560M - 2GB
    anyone tested it? is it good?

17. hibornk1d

hibornk1d Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GeForce GTX770
    guys Help, im a noob when it comes to modding but i just really need a little help. im confused with steps #2. his instruction is "2-Open the config file located in "WDT_Data/config/WDTConfig.cfg"

my question is, what program do u open it with so that i could edit it and add my game-path.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

Compared against defaultrenderconfig.xml "PC" (Usually high settings, default.) and "Ultra" are higher in quality. :)

19. kriskus24

kriskus24 Guest

GPU:
    Asustek GTX 560M - 2GB
    notepad. you know notepad, right? :banana:

20. hibornk1d

hibornk1d Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GeForce GTX770
    OMG thanks. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.