After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germaximus

Germaximus Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 4G
    Hello everybody.

I have absolutely no doubt that I have done something wrong. Can I please get some help with a problem I'm having?

When I click on Apply Changes with the WDTool a new window appears to "Run" but gets hidden underneath the WDTool. When I bring the window up to the top from the taskbar and click run it just doesn't do anything. No patch file is added to my Watch Dogs folder and the new window does not close unless I right click it on my toolbar and close it down.

By the way, the music when the tool is active is really cool!

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I mirrored "TheWorse_Mod_0.8___MalDo_Config_Tool_v1" but no idea if that's the same thing? It's about 850mb

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Asked and answered dozens of times now, just search the thread for "windows security".

4. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    TheWorse, great mod!
    Just one suggestions:
    It's there a way to add a static dof, with a distance threshold (Like in icenhancer for gta where there's a dynaic and a static dof).
    Maybe in the configurator we can set the distance we wan't for where the blur starts, or if that isn't possible we could select one of three presets (far, close, medium).
    The current dynamic dof is too intrusive, especially when Aiden goes to cover and I'm looking a little bit down, it's completely unplayable.
    I'm currently playing with dof off.
    Thanks in advance.

5. CrYsi2

CrYsi2 Guest

GPU:
    Myst 7870 1250/1600
    Gracias maldo, the worse y los otros, es increiblemente jugable ahora, unos cuelges aveces pero mucho mejor que con las texturas ultra.

tanks maldo, the worse and others, is very playable now, some stuters, but much better than old ultra textures.

6. WhoIsBrightside

WhoIsBrightside Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 550 Ti (2GB)
    I think the only way this game is really going to get a boost in performance is to really go through every aspect of the game, from it's code to the textures, and optimizing everything so that it it's not such a resource hog. This is a fantastic game, and it's even closer to my heart being that I live not too far from Chicago and can explore the city.

It would be cool if one day, once this game's performance issues are ironed out, if someone could do a photorealism textures mod. I've played several of those on game like GTA and Crysis, and they really add a whole new level of appreciation to the games.

I'm kind of waiting for Sunset's texture pack since he supposedly has optimized them further and seemingly has the game running "stutter" free, from what we can see in his YouTube clip. I guess we'll see when everything's out (if he ever ends up getting it uploaded).

Maybe Worse can incorporate his textures with the 1.0 mod or something if they do work.

7. VikMorroHun

VikMorroHun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    You are right. Do not close the new window until it finishes its task.

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Good luck with that. We've been bending over backwards to help him with distribution and strangely it's still only available to him.

9. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    ok guys I did not patch anything, I'm a troll with 4 GTX titan in sli and 2 CPUs in parallel into a motherboard with 128 GB OF RAM that's why the game is fine for me ;)

10. VikMorroHun

VikMorroHun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    (Sorry. My mistake.)

11. UserB3N3FICIARY

UserB3N3FICIARY Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 sli 2gb
    @ sunset it

SUNSET you R a TROLL!

vaffanculo!

12. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    yes of course... and you remain with stutter ;)

13. Germaximus

Germaximus Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 4G
    hm That's interesting. After the other suggestion (which lead me to a bunch of other posts by the same person just saying "this has been answered" which wasn't much help), I finally came across the solution.

So now I have a new window open after hitting Run but it's just an empty black window that does nothing? When I close it, I get "Error: Illegal characters in path".

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  14. LupoFranco

LupoFranco Guest

GPU:
    970 GTX / 4GB
    Hi guys, just a question.

If I want to uninstall TheWorse Mod 0.8 what I have to do?

Can I simple delete patch.dat and patch.fat and replace them with the originals files (I have done a backup of originals files before apply this mod)?

Thanks.

15. Restless

Restless Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X
    The link in first page is wrong, it relates to sweetfx injector.

16. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Yeah, that should be it.

Germaximus,

Before running the tool, did you navigate WDT_Data/config folder inside the main mod folder, open WDTConfig.cfg with Notepad and change the Game_Path= value inside the cfg? If not, place your installed Watch Dogs directory right next to that value. It should look like Game_Path=C:\My Games\Ubisoft\Watch_Dogs for example. Then run the tool and hopefully it'll create the dat/fat files this time around.

If you already did that, you just have to wait for a while until the black window closes itself, then you'll see the created dat/fat files.

17. divided_unity

divided_unity Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX670-DC2-2GD5
    Navigate to WDT_Data\Mod_Selection . Right click Properties on Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe Click Unblock & ok . Now go back & run wdtool.exe

18. hamza

hamza Guest

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 760 2g oc
    wdtool.exe

norton removes this and considers it as a thread wdtool.exe

19. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Obviously a false positive.

20. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I took some time to analyze Watch Dogs's textures.

Those who said they are badly optimized are WRONG ! It's already very optimized in Vanilla game !
    Maybe it's my mistake, but I saw Ultra textures didn't have Mipmaps.

So the ways to optimize the game :

- Play with Lod and DOF and effects/models tweaks to reduce the amount of displayed and processed objects while making the game more beautiful and not affect the gameplay (cams for example).

- Make better choices of texture resolution, which is already quite difficult.

- Removing mipmaps allows indeed to reduce Video Memory consomption at the cost of less smooth LOD's transition (aliasing). It can be compensated with some antialiasing methods like FXAA or TXAA and SweetFX (dithering for example).

- Reduce some things from 32 bits colourspace to 16 bits.

- For people with speedy GPU and RAM, add the following parameter to "watch_dogs.exe" (in a shortcut) : -disablepagefilecheck. Hard Disk will be less used.

- Install the game and the pagefile (4gb minimum) on a SSD hard drive.

- Optimize engine's code ^^'

With my not extraordinary rig, I play the game on 1080p, with TheWorseMod 0.8 with all available effects (DOF high) and optimizations (lod), Optimized Ultra Textures by Maldo (textures to high), other settings at max (ultra), TXAA 2x, from a SSD, with the parameter -disablepagefilecheck, with a SweetFX preset..
    I am at 40fps with nearly zero stuttering (that can drop down to 30fps and rise higher than 60fps).

So everybody have the keys.

- Maldo, TheWorse and others are using the good tricks. It's now polishing.
    - Ubisoft has a role to play in Engine's optimization, netCode and Uplay.
    - Nvidia and AMD have to further improve their drivers.
    - Users can do some tricks too but MAINLY HAVE TO BE REALISTIC and do the right things rather than stupidly complaining. You have a highly detailed open world, with enormous effects, far view distance, great amount of smooth objects on screen, highly detailed textures and Real Time online play while solo game. Either you have the big rig to put it at max with a decent comfort, or you downgrade settings. That's all ! 4096x4096 textures for roads, mountains and other terrains is not exagerated when playing at 1080p. You see the difference and find 2048*2048 quite blurry.

It pisses me off as I get the impression it's similar to the unstopping strikes in my country : France. Before whining and complain, analyze the situation rather than asking for the moon. You want a smooth game on a low rig ? You'll have an uglier and less detailed game. That's all !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.