After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sevlagoth

Sevlagoth Guest

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 770 2Gb
    Which mod is better? Both mods combined!! All credit goes to TheWorse, Kadzait, Maldo, Vaas, Boss and Ubisoft. Thanks to all for making this possible and thanks to William456 for the Screenshots and for combining the mods:

P.S. - I won't continue the argument of working together, this screens speak for themselves...

2. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    @Sevlagoth

can you post a link to the "combined" mod?

3. Sevlagoth

Sevlagoth Guest

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 770 2Gb
    Another user combined them for private use/testing. I don't have the files, nor do I know how to do it. It's just a "sneak peak" into what is possible with collaboration.

Even if I could do it, I would never make it public. I respect this guys and their work, dedication and effort too much, to do that.

I guess it won't ever be made public, unless all parties agree on that.

4. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    @Sevlagoth
    i understand, no problem.

5. gold333

gold333 Member

GPU:
    GTX670CUII oc'd

I'm a photographer.

The biggest mistake people make when they adjust visuals is either completely blown out whites or crushed blacks. When 5 different shades of white ALL become 255,255,255 white or 5 different shades of grey all become 0,0,0 black you have destroyed image quality, which is what has happened here.

6. Casmithy

Casmithy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC ACX
    You act like this is something new when it comes to modding games. Anything outside the scope of what Ubisoft releases is clearly not going to come with support. If it "broke" your game, that's your problem. So I see no need for you to stick around here and complain about it.

On another note, here's a copy of what I released earlier for merging any 2 patch files. This one is slightly different. The Ubi patch has been pre-unpacked and repacked, so it shouldn't require the XNA framework (don't quote me on this, didn't test).

patch.dat/fat is merged with/overwritten by overwrite.dat/fat

Read the README... :)

drive (dot) google (dot) com/file/d/0B5zNWtkSL5cgRlNMLUpZREl3OFk/edit?usp=sharing

7. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I think the problem is Kadz mod isnt publicly available and may never be... So suggesting that this "waste of time mod" by The Worse shows that your a little frustrated douche; you are using someone else s work whilst criticizing a person that has spent countless hours on a work in progress modification that many people have praised and enjoy using.

I think what you need to remember girlfriend, is that you haven't produced jack, you take then ridicule others. Whenever I give the crits I always produce a solution;

Solution for Iron-IC-Man
    Go to bed with a glass of milk and a biscuit, get a good night's rest and when you wake up have a think about your childish behavior and comments. If you still feel the same way as you did when you posted the above comment, disconnect your keyboard from the PC and spend the time on education classes (in person).

Cheers, oh and if you need any more tips just ask - the world is loaded with folk like you but there is help - you just need to reach out.

8. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB

lawl, just lawl :)

9. kRoOkEd

kRoOkEd Member

GPU:
    EVGA 78oTi Superclocked
    So Im getting a ton of stutter and spiking still. I play in 2560x1440 with sli 780ti's. Even without sli the stutter and spiking is bad. Any help?

10. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI

11. irat

irat Guest

GPU:
    760GTX
    ok photographer have you ever heard shooting against light ? when we shoot against light the object will get darker dafuq are you studying anyway ?

12. pondcy

pondcy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 Classified
    Romantic.

13. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    This thread is full of SweetFX that crushes blacks and clips whites. I've been perfectly fine without SweetFX so far. Let's see how 0.8 fairs with that. Bout to try it for the first time now...

14. TNT4THEBRAIN

TNT4THEBRAIN Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    can someone please help me installing?
    I don't get these installation instructions at all.
    I downloaded the TheWorse Mod 0.8 + MalDo ConfigToolv1. rar (800MB)
    Running Watch Dogs on Steam, wich then automatically opens uPlay (if that's any help?)

15. fearface

fearface Guest

GPU:
    2 x R9 280x
    TheWorse is not just an XML File, like the released work of KadZait24.

Based on your last sentence, you clearly have not the slightest clue of how Watch Dogs modding works. Furthermore you're very inexperienced with modding Steam/UPlay games in general. Case closed.

1) just remove patch.fat and patch.dat. All changes are only in these files
    2) UPlay and Steam have a verify files feature, which checks and redownloads only the content that differs from the original installation.

16. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Guest

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    sorry, wrong thread lol

17. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Pretty sure you posted those to the wrong thread duder

This thread would be a lot better off if nobody responded to people like that

18. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Guest

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    yes i was looking how an user posted a YT video, had opened that quote, thought it was my thread.

19. somebody2978

somebody2978 Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 650 Ti 2GB AMP!
    KadZait24/AlphaZ/NextBan want to we pray for his mod and never publish it. End of another story.

20. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Ok... already noticed one thing I hate about 0.8. It's way too dark at night. Can't see ****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.