Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD ( Game Files + XML ) WIP and download

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by kadzait24, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chokobo

Chokobo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660ti 2gb
    img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/watch-dogs-gif-glitch-train-1317812.gif

EPIC xD

2. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X OC
    Is there a way to ensure I have an unpatched install with uPlay when I unisntall and attempt to re download and install? I mean if I delete the game and re install, uPlay can patch it automatically, how to disable it?

3. apple890

apple890 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Everyone with a bug/problem, PLEASE POST IT HERE : http://kadzait24.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

It's also in the thread :

Kadzait24's Watch_Dogs E3 Mod

Table of Contents

• Recent Events
    • What is this mod?
    • Screenshots
    • Videos
    • Features
    • Status
    • Changelog
    • Download
    • To-Do List
    • Inquiries? Suggestions?

Recent Events

Beta Version of v0.2 is out!
    Visit the page : https://www.facebook.com/kadzait24mod

What is this mod?

Kadzait24 has created a Watch_Dogs E3 Mod that strives to bring the best gaming experience to players of Watch_Dogs.
    Although still in its beta stages, the mod has already improved the graphics of the game by a substantial amount.
    Including features such as an improved wind and fog system, the mod's goal is to provide gamers the original E3 2012 experience of Watch_Dogs.

Screenshots

None of these screenshots contain color-grading programs such as SweetFX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please note that screenshots may not accurately represent the first full version; the mod is still a work in progress.
    Version 0.2 Screenshots are coming soon!

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BpPgkMHDYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfwSKwsbu2w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfY76Zw040A

Features

Note : Some features might not be available yet, we are working on enabling them soon.

Improved Depth of Field
    Improved Cloth Physics, reflection, texturing and wet system
    Improved Clothes' Physics, Reflection, Texturing and Wet System
    Improved Player Camera
    Improved Decal System
    Added DOT Mesh
    Improved Car Paint
    Added Subsurface Scattering
    Improved Decals
    Added Raindrop Ripples and Relief Depth
    Improved Rim Lighting
    Improved Trees and vegetation texturing and Reflection
    Improved WET SYSTEM, now with added technology from the Engine
    E3 Lighting for Daytime, Dawn, Sunset, Night, Rain, Post Rain
    New Parallax Occlusion Mapping which looks outstanding now
    Added Fog and New Skies
    Bloom for every time of the day, even bloom at daylight. Different sets
    New and Improved Wind and Weather effects
    New Clouds System
    Added Dust System
    New Specular System and Dynamic Texturing Sampling System
    Improved Building Reflections
    Much more to come...

Status

The current version is Private Beta v0.2.
    Estimated Release Date of v0.3 : June 25-30

(Please note that estimated release dates are subject to change in order to add features or fix bugs.)

Changelog

-Added DoF
    -Implemented Fog/Wind
    -Improved Rain
    -Fixed Cone Bug
    -Improved Lighting
    -Improved Raindrops/Puddles
    -Improved Bloom
    -Improved Explosions
    -Added some Object Textures
    -Improved Shadows
    -Added Subsurface Scattering
    -Added Dust System

Download

As of this moment, the mod is in a private beta mode; only a handful of testers are tasked with testing the mod and reporting bugs.
    We do not want to release a bug-ridden mod before testing it out first.
    Download links will be added soon, when the mod's first full version is fully released.

To-Do List

-Make DoF dynamic and start further away
    -Improve the Fog until it is E3-like
    -Create varied versions or let users choose which features
    -Rework textures
    -Combine mod with Ubisoft patch
    -Release v0.3

Inquires? Suggestions?

Feel free to ask questions; Either the community or I will try our best to assist you.
    Suggestions are highly appreciated; we use them to keep improving the mod!
    Please post bugs/problems here : http://kadzait24.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
    Please keep the discussion on-topic!

Search the thread for your question before commenting for help!

4. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Guest

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    Actually, it looks better without official patch, but still has got that white fog at the back, if thats what you wanted to show. But it looks better than that.

Like i said , clear daylight is affected by trying to achieve the E3 feeling everwhere else. One of the reasons UBI had to remove almost everything from the final build, because by adding all that, it messes up the clear daylight, there you go crappy daylight at the final build and all removed everywhere else.

I wanted to achieve the best looking everywhere, clear daylight is still looking not good, and im going to try to fix it , but dont expect same visuals everywhere else.

5. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Hmm okay I just uninstalled the game, will download and install again and the n set uPlay to offline mod to prevent it from downloading and installing the patch, if it works will post my findings here with a comparison video and SS but since I have limited dl speed it will be tomorrow :(

6. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    how to remove bloom at day light?

7. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Dou you have the official patch applied? Game version 1.03.. something? Then it is due to patch the fog and white is over the top I think, Kadz says with no patch it is much less pronounced but still fog can be found and not that extreme.

8. S1Lent40

S1Lent40 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780 ACX 3g
    So how to enable uplay from doing auto update at startup?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  9. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    The weather effects are spot on! The trees move in a natural way even when they are moving a lot "perfect". Everything looks great. I even like the exaggerated smoke stack smoke. The only draw back is, one minute its smooth as silk and the next its stutters so bad I can barely move. Too bad because it looks great.

10. S1Lent40

S1Lent40 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 780 ACX 3g
    Solo,
    What do you have your texture set at? Ultra?? I believe he said set it to high to make stuttering better. a thought

11. Sevlagoth

Sevlagoth Guest

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 770 2Gb
    Guys, please don't flame me but I have a "dubious" question in case someone already tried it:

If I download an unofficial version of the game and then paste everything on top of the official uplay version with the exception of the game executable file, would it revert the official patch? Or even better could I overwrite everything (without cr*acks of course)?

I figure unofficial versions are based on the legit versions right? er... or would it get me banned from uplay? (I really don't want to promote piracy here and I have a legit copy of the game, I just want to remove this damn patch and can't think of nothing more, besides this or completely uninstalling one and installing the other..)

12. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Don't get me wrong, the fog (but not the extreme version found in the patched game) adds authenticity, and makes it similar to E3, but for E3 they controlled every piece of environment and particle effects in my belief and that is why it won't be ever like E3 as you have said before. You also said they added particle physics from a software that dates to 2002 but then it is nowhere in the final build of the game (obviously nVidia didn't want any sofware render of partical physics when there is PhysX, but then didn't add that TOO :D) So overall we won't get the same exact E3 feel. One impossible task would be making in-door areas like E3 had, nearly every building could be netered, including the Pizza place right accross the Theatre...

In my opinion, you should make changes as you prefer them and still add options of not having or having it medium if yours is maximum.

For DOF, you should have DOF for driving (car and boat) to have the same experience, and also make DOF dynamic all time. If I look at something close to me, the depth should be blurry, but if I look far enough, only building tops and the stuff in the distance should be blurry.

For fog the same applies, OK given I had the patched version I will revise my video and upload tomorrow a new one with no patch; but fog should also be sometimes there sometimes not, kind of like rain, it sometimes rains but not always, so fog shouldn't be omnipresent (always there) it should like come before rain, sometimes comes and goes and no rain... Overall it should be like any weather condition. If you can't achieve this then maybe you should make a version with no fog because as much as I liked it, I would like to have an all clear sunny morning without any fog as it is WIP maybe you can add fog into the weather cycle, and prevent it from always appearing.

There are some black textures visible if you shoot cars near the mirror and right at the mirror, and I think it is due to missing reflection texture packs or a glitchy shader.

I used Ultra texture and performance was not great, but still I will insist on having Ultra textures if possible.

13. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    i have this patch, is just ridiculous seriously i cant play

14. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    In uPlay right top has a gear symbol, click on it, then settings, on Network tab there is "Always start uPlay in offline mode" check it, then this way when a game is isntalled (online) go offline right after installing and do not start the game, it won't find any updates, as long as you do not start the game in online mode..

15. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Do you use the games own Vsync? Then use another fps limiter, CCC if you use AMD or any other program, it helps in stutter but not in overall performance.

16. Sevlagoth

Sevlagoth Guest

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 770 2Gb
    Have you found a way to reverse the patch? Can you please share on how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

17. Digitalspirit

Digitalspirit Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 780Ti Jetstream
    I like the Mod but I really don't like the DoF at all, though it makes for splendid screen grabs. The white sky in the day and stuttering also bring it down, I did use Ultra textures though lol. Everything else is superb, the wind, rain, explosions, light sourcing etc. Hopefully patch integration can smooth out the frame rate.

[​IMG]

18. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    No easy way, I deleted my game uninstalled from uPlay, right now it is downloading from uplay, when it finishes, I won't start the game but go offline, and this way it won't search for a patch, aslo I made sure uPlay always starts in offline mode. So if you have gamefiles (like you mentioned, which may get you banned!) then unisntrall the game and place things like music.dat and windycity.dat files that takes a lot of space except for disruptengine.dll, watchdogs.exe and any other "may be contaminated" stuff then click download or verify files, the rest will be downloaded (at least not all) :)

19. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Is your game 1.03/patch applied using Kadz mod?

20. Sevlagoth

Sevlagoth Guest

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 770 2Gb
    Can't thank you enough! :)
    I'll do that right away!! I want to experience this mod to it's fullest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.