After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victim_Crasher

Victim_Crasher Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1 GB
    Well.. i've CTRL+F it... still no luck :nerd:

2. nd3e

nd3e Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Thanks for the update The Worse.
    But my my game stutters horribly after 0.8 :(

3. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    It's this mod, not SLI. Strange that no one noticed it.
    Do not set VegetationDisplacementTextureSize in defaultrenderconfig.xml above 512 or you will have half the GPU usage in SLI and half the fps. I fixed it and now fps is the same as without mod.

I can also agree now that game looks a lot better, all because of new lightning, vanilla made the game look overbrigthened and cheap.

4. ShaithEatery

ShaithEatery Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4gig
    I edited the config file in yalls configuration tool to be able to switch to the other type with working lensflares, so that's working now at least for me.

5. Barcaborn

Barcaborn Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X 3GB
    Need help with activating version 0.8

No new path.dat file is created when I use the WDTooL.exe after adding my game directory path in the WDTConfig.cfg file. I really want to try version 0.8 after version 0.7 bdid wonders with fixing my stuttering issues and improving the graphics.

6. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Easy fix:

Do not use it.

:blunt:

7. nd3e

nd3e Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Disable "Data Execution Prevention".

Turning Off Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
    If you can find the control panel for DEP, you will find there is not an option to turn it off. This is not a terrible thing unless you are trying to troubleshoot a problem. Then you want to eliminate it as an issue, to confirm that the application will work in the environment as a whole. Then you can re enable it and try to configure DEP correctly to allow your application to function:

Access to DEP configuration panel-

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.

2. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

3. On the Data Execution Prevention tab, use one of the following procedures:

a. Click Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only to select the OptIn policy.

b. Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy, and then click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.

4. Click OK two times.

There are actually 4 global configurations for DEP-

Configuration

Description

OptIn

This setting is the default configuration. On systems with processors that can implement hardware-enforced DEP, DEP is enabled by default for limited system binaries and programs that "opt-in." With this option, only Windows system binaries are covered by DEP by default.

OptOut

DEP is enabled by default for all processes. You can manually create a list of specific programs that do not have DEP applied by using the System dialog box in Control Panel. Information technology (IT) professionals can use the Application Compatibility Toolkit to "opt-out" one or more programs from DEP protection. System compatibility fixes, or shims, for DEP do take effect.

AlwaysOn

This setting provides full DEP coverage for the whole system. All processes always run with DEP applied. The exceptions list to exempt specific programs from DEP protection is not available. System compatibility fixes for DEP do not take effect. Programs that have been opted-out by using the Application Compatibility Toolkit run with DEP applied.

AlwaysOff

This setting does not provide any DEP coverage for any part of the system, regardless of hardware DEP support. The processor does not run in PAE mode unless the /PAE option is present in the Boot.ini file.

To turn off DEP globally, we must edit the Boot.ini file. Here are some instructions and an example of a Boot.ini file.-

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under the Startup and Recovery field.

3. In the System startup field, click Edit. The Boot.ini file opens in Notepad.

4. In Notepad, click Find on the Edit menu.

5. In the Find what box, type /noexecute, and then click Find Next.

6. In the Find dialog box, click Cancel.

7. Replace policy_level with AlwaysOff

8. shaaagz

shaaagz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6970 2GB
    The worse and Maldo thank you ever so much without you guys enthusiasts we would never be playing watch dogs like this thank you! i will install this latest mod later on and i just wanted to let people know that maybe there game is stuttering because AMD has not yet released the latest GPU drivers for the game well they havent for my 6970 i dno about the newer cards but yeah thanks the worse and maldo.

9. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    Try To Run it as Admin.

10. nd3e

nd3e Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB

11. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    Ther's no path.dat file,TheWorse typed it wrong it's patch.dat not path.dat
    After you click on apply changes go chek The patch.dat file it should be 1.68MB.

12. Casmithy

Casmithy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC ACX
    I'm not sure you know what -disablepagefilecheck does... It has nothing to do with verifying integrity of game files, if that's what you are assuming.

13. supernintendoh

supernintendoh Guest

GPU:
    SLI 580 GTX 3Gig
    Noob I am, changes file extension

:pc1: Ok, so Like a noob I accidently changed the file extension on WDTConfig.cfg :wanker: . Can anyone tell me what the original extension is. I would be greatly appreciated

14. mafooli

mafooli Guest

GPU:
    I don't understand the install instructions the worse gave? what do I do with the config file? When I open it there's a lot of +s and - but no headings or anything.. someone please help :(

15. The__zino__O

The__zino__O Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660Ti 2gb
    here you go:

//THIS FILE IS GENERATED BY WDTooL
    ////DON'T MODIFY MANUALLY, THAAANK YOU!!!
    USER_DATA_PATH=
    GAME_PATH=
    HEADLIGHT_SHADOWS=True
    ANAMORPHIC_LENSFLARES=2
    BOKEH_DOF_INTENSITY=2
    BLOOM_INTENSITY=2
    ENHANCED_LIGHTING=False
    COLORGRADING=True
    CAMERA=1
    ULTRA_TEXTURES_HACK=True
    PERFORMANCE_LOD_HACK=True
    INCREASED_CIVILIANS=True

16. Casmithy

Casmithy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC ACX
    Really?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  17. MattBee2k2

MattBee2k2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 ACX 2GB
    Mine was 1.6MB too, the textured one is 1.4gb though.

18. nd3e

nd3e Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Oh----disablepagefilecheck. I overread the "pagefile" part". Sorry. I'll give it a try

19. nd3e

nd3e Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    The extension is .cfg. Like you already said :nerd:

20. supernintendoh

supernintendoh Guest

GPU:
    SLI 580 GTX 3Gig
    Thanks, but let me rephrase that. I have the File extensions, but I was going to edit and add the path on the files. Well I accidently change the File to a Notepad Extension and I need to know what the original file extension was e.g: .dll, .xml
    See my bubble good sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.