SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Not everyone wants to use RadeonPro for their SweetFX needs though and I don't necessarily blame them. xD

2. S1eB

S1eB Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    So still no working SweetFX for Windows 8.1?

I know it has been said many times it is being worked on, but it is coming up to a full year now and "coming soon" is starting to sound more like an excuse as to "I don't know how to do it."

I don't mean this to come across the wrong way but it would be nice to get some clarification instead of just being told "soon" all of the time.

3. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    1. You can already use SweetFX on win8.1, you just have to use RadeonPro

2. We kept saying soon because of eFX (which you can still try to use but don't expect to work 100% of the time,) it's development was going to make it the primary injector. However Crosire, the creator of eFX, is re-writing his injector and will no longer be calling it eFX; We have no ETA on when this re-write will be ready for alpha/beta. CeeJay doesn't write the injectors, he only makes the shaders for them, so in a sense he doesn't know how to do it but he and Crosire are in communication and have been for months. We probably wont hear about its readiness till Crosire releases it.

3. You want clarification for something that is out of our hands and it's not like anyone else is trying to make an injector that works for DX11 on win8.1 and still support windows 7's DirectX 11 library. If such an injector existed, do you think we would still be here nearly a year later? Personally I have no idea what makes RadeonPro different in it's injection but it works for now. Bet you can't wait for dx12 when there has to be yet another wait for injector that works with it..

4. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    When could we espect an official release for Windows 8.1, without RadeonPro? It's a long time waiting now!

5. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I care.

That said when the new hook from Crosire is ready I plan to either use a noise-algorithm instead of a texture or use a smaller texture and repeat it (instead of streching it), because the memory requirements will be much lower and it should look just as good.

6. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Reddit have had a SweetFX subreddit for a long time now, however it's moderators lost interest and made it private so the public couldn't view it.

I just got moderator access a few days ago and immediately reopened it for the public and added k-putt, dirtydan and Terrasque as moderators.
    Hopefully we can breathe some new life into the subreddit.

So if you're a redditor I hope you will use the subreddit so we can get some good content and some more subscribers.

I've added some news from the development of Crosires new hook and SweetFX 1.6 and 2.0 there.

There is also a SweetFX steam group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SweetFX/

As well as not just one but two SweetFX pages on Facebook :
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SweetFX/
    and
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/SweetFX/210814672412021?sk=timeline

All of these are created and run by fans but I do drop by in all of them from time to time to check if the fans made something interesting :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  7. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Now you were using Boulotaurs which I don't maintain so I won't go in and fix the code there, BUT if you get problems with a very bright or very dark screen then it's most likely gamma correction not being applied .. or being applied when it shouldn't be.

Workaround:
    You can get back to more a more sensible look by either applying a gamma ( with either tonemap or the lift gamma gain shader) of 2.233 or 0.429 (which is 1.0/2.233 .. that is the reverse gamma) depending on if have a very bright or a very dark screen.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  8. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
  9. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    I was using vanilla injector, just tried Boulotaurs to see if it fixes the issue (which it does not). But thanks for the workaround, I will try it as soon I get some time to play with Lara. :)

Good luck with new version by the way, hope everything works out for you guys.

10. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    New injector news :banana:

11. Demuny101

Demuny101 Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X / 2GB
    Using 8.1 64 bit, and whenever I place the dxgi.dll into the bin folder of Watch Dogs (trying to use SFX on it), I start the game, and nothing happens; the game does not load, and it shows no sign of loading.

12. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Win8.1, that's your problem. You need to use RadeonPro's injection or you could try the eFX bundle (but don't expect it to work with all your games) linked here

13. Demuny101

Demuny101 Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X / 2GB
    I have already tried that. It says that it works with 8.1 64 bit and Watch Dogs, but I still get issues.

14. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Have you tired turning off the Uplay community?

15. Demuny101

Demuny101 Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X / 2GB
    Yes, no luck.

16. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Jesus I don't like Watch dogs is when it comes to SweetFX. Such a pain in arse to get working.. I'm not even sure what else I could suggest, perhaps try running in Win7 compatibility?

17. Demuny101

Demuny101 Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X / 2GB
    Already tried, no luck :(

18. Desmios

Desmios Guest

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    I did not like any SweetFX for WD

:(

19. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Make your own then.

Sorry bud I don't know what to tell you. :/

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I'm glad you do because I <3 Film Grain, and i'm fine with using a smaller texture and repeating as long as you can avoid maybe a tiling pattern visible and as long as it doesn't end up looking overly blurry for example!

I just recently finished playing through Mafia II with my film grain texture and it was fabulous minus a few issues here and there. Such as after a random period of time the grain would start showing artifacts akin to macroblocking, a restart of the game fixed the issue. I tried grabbing a shot of it once or twice, but I pressed the wrong screencap key I think

If you end up using a generator (Which could be awesome), wonder if could set up different styles/types of noise/grain?

Ex: Digital camera sensor noise akin to the original texture and the grain in Remember me, or a more film camera type grain like I intended mine to be.

Sniper Elite 3 also seems to do grain of some sorts
    https://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/9/0/3/6/eurogamer-zvllxz.jpg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.