After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
  2. Xialoh

Xialoh Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770 4GB
    Wow, amazing work here. I've gone from minor to severe lag running the game with all ultra but textures on high, to putting textures to ultra and having no lag at all. And the game looks and feels completely different.

The only issue I'm having at this point is that the Sweet FX from the first post is almost blindingly bright with light, and pitch black without it. It does otherwise look amazing though. I just need to figure out how to tone that specific aspect down a bit.

3. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    Play at 1080p with everything on high

Make sure priority for the process is "normal" or higher.

Place -disablepagefilecheck at the end of the target field under the watch_dogs.exe

4. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    I have basically used a program that reduces some textures to 1k From 2k, I did it after having extracted individually and converted to DDS with another program G.B.T. then i reconverted into XBT and reassembled in the appropriate folder of belonging, then I recreated the archive file patch.dat with some specially modified in some file. Then i adapted the patch theworse 8.0, obviously without the configurator Maldo, but with my choices, high Bloom High DOF etc ... etc ...

5. Ferrera

Ferrera Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 770 2GB OC
    You're really good at stalling.

6. FriskyNoodle

FriskyNoodle Guest

GPU:
    1070 Seahawk X
    Sounds awesome. When are you going to share?

7. Chokobo

Chokobo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660ti 2gb
    mod v0.8 + sweet fx turn on and off (activando y desactivando sweet fx para ver la diferencia)

youtube.com/watch?v=tqu5bh2HCvY&feature=youtu.be

Theworse hay alguna opcion para alargar la luz de los autos? ya que llendo en auto por lugares de poca luz uno no puede ver mas alla de donde llega esta, seria bueno quizas que desde el punto maximo de distancia de la luz se fuera desvaneciendo y no que se corte en seco

thank for you work!!!

8. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    For those who patched their game without the texture hack enabled, how big is your patch file? No way is the Ubi patch included.

9. nafeasonto

nafeasonto Guest

GPU:
    Dual GTX 670's/2GB
    i am getting a windows security warning that is getting stuck behind the program and I can't hit RUN after doing my settings. Can someone tell me away around this please.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Search the thread, it's been reported numerous times in here and the solutions have been posted numerous times in here.

11. nd3e

nd3e Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Medium? Thanks for the advise. I can play Battlefield 4 maxed out with 50-60 FPS. This is a bummer.

12. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    However, these textures will overwrite those of Maldo ... you want the same load? the end is the same thing, except that I kept mipmaps ... but I slightly lowered the LOD ...

13. nd3e

nd3e Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Thats what I'm doing. No need for the -disablefilecheck, because the Uplay version of the game does not check the integrity unless you force it to.

Everything is on High. I would like to show you guys a video, but the forum here won't lezĀ“t me post links, since I'm a noob here...

14. ShaithEatery

ShaithEatery Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4gig
    I'm at work currently so I can't test for myself, but that's the first thing I noticed about those screenshots. I had the same issue with .8 and managed to resolve the issue myself, but I'm curious if this will have that same issue, as it really was distracting in the game.

BTW, first time posting on these forums, and I just wanted to give my thanks for everyone putting forth effort in righting the mistakes Ubisoft made with the release of this game. I still enjoy the game and you guys are making it even better!

15. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    now I go to dinner we talk later ...

16. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    No man upload it.I got a busy life and all i am waiting is for your patch then i combine with mine and the mod and upload for people.

17. iangon

iangon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Yeah! I know ! :(

18. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    I get this. You seem adamant that I don't, but that is fine.

So the deep question is, should the pirates pay for the game after they got it working to their satisfaction with the mod from TheWorse, which really only turn on features already existing in the product?

19. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    With volumetric lights you don't have lensflares, it's not possible to combine them. Anamorphic lensflares are different though.

20. maximuss2225

maximuss2225 Guest

GPU:
    8Gb
    Hi

i am trying to use the .08 release and i have had an persistent issue where the windows "software-security warning" appears saying it thinks the program is a risk and do i want to run it anyway. Of course i say yes and disable the warning in the future. The issue is when the launcher wants to save the settings i believe it is attempting to open a separate script to accomplish that goal. When it does that windows pops up the same warning but for some reason the launcher is stuck in front and no amount of ALT-TABing or any other way to try and select the warning window will keep it in front long enough to allow me to click run. Of course when this happens and i have to close out the game will not launch anymore.

If there is something i can do now to rectify this, amazing. If i have to wait till the next release, so be it. Thank you for any help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.