Watch Dogs Optimization XML

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by mkeezay29, Jun 21, 2014.

1. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    It's good practice to load your XML file into your internet browser before sharing since if there is any issues it will let you know what line it's on. Might also make things easier to manage if you just include all 3 XML files in a single zip archive instead of 3 different download links

2. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Will do for now on, the weird thing is I was using PHPeditor and it usually shows any errors by highlighting them, in pretty much any web coding language, not sure why it missed that, for now on I'll open it in a browser just to make sure.

Yeh I was going to wait until I finished the Medium settings one but I will finish it now and upload them all in one .Rar file

Thanks for pointing that out, I hate to think how many people tried it and it wouldn't work as intended, anyone who downloaded in the last day should download again.

3. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    Eh, not many people use Rar. Zip is atleast Windows Integrated.

I uploaded what you have currently have to a single zip on my mediafire server, no stupid wait times or ads :p
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/4z31a0t0ipgp48d

4. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Thanks I will post it instead of my 3 links, much appreciated, and yeh a zip file is more user friendly I guess, I'm just so used to using rars.

Thank you for the help.

5. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    no problem, you can PM me if you want once you finalize all the xml's and I'll update the archive with the latest versions

6. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    Does this one work with the latest patch? :)

7. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Yes it does, I would suggest you put the patch.dat and patch.fat back in data_win64 and then replace the XML, and do not go into options in game or it will reset the xml contents,
    Here are all 4 settings, low and medium settings have 1024 resolution reflection maps instead of 2048 like high and ultra

Easy Installer Download

File Package .Zip Download

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  8. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Important Update!

Sorry for the double post but this is important for anyone who downloaded the second versions of the files, they were not Read Only so they would reset after being loaded by the game, also there was an error on line 222

New Notes
    Now all 4 settings available (ULTRA, HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW)
    Medium and Low have 1024 reflection map resolutions and High and Ultra have 2048, this has given Low and Medium a considerable performance boost.

LIST OF OPTIMIZATIONS

Easy Installer Download

Rain density (Values Decreased)
    Particle Uniform Fog Density Factor (Values Decreased)
    Ambiance Particles Delay Before Respawn (Values Increased)
    Ambiance Particles Delay Before Destroy (Values Decreased
    Max Tessellation Factor Per Screen Space Unit (Values Decreased
    Max Tessellation Factor (Values Decreased)
    FSM Shadow Range (Values Decreased)
    FSM Shadow Quality (Values Decreased)
    Water Reflection Quality (Values Decreased)
    Reflection Texture Size X (1024 on Medium and Low, 2048 on High and Ultra)
    Reflection Texture Size Y (1024 on Medium and Low, 2048 on High and Ultra)
    Terrain Detail View Distance (Values Decreased)
    Terrain Detail Blend View Distance (Values Decreased)
    Real Tree Caps Max Distance (Values Decreased)
    Max Decal Count (Values Decreased)
    Max Decal Count Per Type (Values Decreased)
    Particles Max Num Lights (Values Decreased)

If you have downloaded a copy of the file in the last 1 1/2 - 2 days you will need to redownload and overwrite your existing xml file.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm sure you will like the performance boost in the new versions.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  9. tymono

tymono Guest

Last High version works like a charm on GTX 660 2GB. But I think rain splashes can be easily added to 'High" version :) Cheers, and thanks for the great work.

10. deminio

deminio Guest

GPU:
    asus gtx 780 sli
    Thx Mkeezay for your work !

you say that we "need patch.dat and patch.fat in your data_win64 folder for it to work"..

do you mean the mod files from kadzait, cause I only have the patch from Ubisoft (no mods yet, waiting for "official" release from modders like the worse, kadjait etc)...

thank you

11. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    You're welcome, I was thinking of putting rain splashes back in all but Low settings but didn't know how well that would go with other peoples cards, have you added rain splashes back in the xml, it's on line 254 AllowRainDropSplash="0" /> just change it to AllowRainDropSplash="1" />
    if you haven't already and let me know how it works for your GPU, I know it's good on mine I just want to make sure it's fine on others

You're welcome, I am using this xml with these files in my data_win64 folder

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ixbwtdbxx1cwqw9/TheWorse+Mod+(0.7+Fix)+for+Watch_Dogs.rar

in that archive you will find three camera angles, I would choose Normal, take patch.dat and patch.fat and put them in data-win64 in your Watch dogs game folder, I tried with the new patch and I can still get dynamic shadows of car headlights and other E3 effects plus a nice performance boost, I don't know why people think that mod isn't compatible with the newest version because it works for me.
    You can always try using just the xml, if you don't want any toned down E3 effects

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  12. tymono

tymono Guest

I've changed it and it works good, no real changes fps wise for me :)

13. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Thanks for the feedback, I will make rain splashes work again :)

14. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Final Update

This is my final update for my optimization files, now that I've beat the game and have others to play I won't be messing with the settings much more.
    I did make some final adjustments though and some fixes (grass no longer appears at intersections) so I'm putting up the final versions, I have also added an "Ultimate" version for those who want to put their rig to the test.

I have also added a new Patch.dat and Patch.fat file which removes the DoF that is so strong in the E3 mod, they still contain all the other effects like E3 bloom and dynamic headlight shadows.

Easy Installer Download

Changelog:
    Fixed grass textures appearing on roads
    added rain drop splash to all files except Low
    some value changes
    increased daytime reflections a bit, makes the roads look shinier after it rains, and makes the buildings reflect light more
    Added a new Patch.dat and Patch.fat file that has no DoF or blur - optional and can't be used with current version, will update later.

LIST OF OPTIMIZATIONS (Some of These Don't Apply to Ultra Setting XMLs

all the main settings for each xml are the same as the xml version (Ultra textures, lighting etc. for the Ultra GamerProfile.xml, except for roads which are "pc" in Ultra and "console" in Medium and Low
    The Following are changes to values that represent in game assets like lighting and tessellation, lots of these values like "decals" can be lowered for a performance boost without making a very noticeable difference visually.
    This can be used with the E3 bloom mod and still give quite a performance boost.

Rain density (Values Decreased)
    Particle Uniform Fog Density Factor (Values Decreased)
    Ambiance Particles Delay Before Respawn (Values Increased)
    Ambiance Particles Delay Before Destroy (Values Decreased
    Max Tessellation Factor Per Screen Space Unit (Values Decreased
    Max Tessellation Factor (Values Decreased)
    FSM Shadow Range (Values Decreased)
    FSM Shadow Quality (Values Decreased)
    Water Reflection Quality (Values Decreased)
    Reflection Texture Size X (1024 on Medium and Low, 2048 on High and Ultra)
    Reflection Texture Size Y (1024 on Medium and Low, 2048 on High and Ultra)
    Terrain Detail View Distance (Values Decreased)
    Terrain Detail Blend View Distance (Values Decreased)
    Real Tree Caps Max Distance (Values Decreased)
    Max Decal Count (Values Decreased)
    Max Decal Count Per Type (Values Decreased)
    Particles Max Num Lights (Values Decreased)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  15. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    You might want to clarify that your patches will only work on un-patched copies of watch_dogs since your patch.dat does not include the 50mb update.

here is a mirror link without the rar
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/zqj8bcv6o8238qg

16. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Yeh I keep corrupting the .dat folder now when I go to make any edits, the new patch.dat was optional one I meant to put up a while ago for those who didn't want the DOF like me, thanks for the link again, I'll update my post, and try to get that file edited again without corrupting it.
    So 1 more update I guess, but for now it's GRID Autosport time :)

17. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7d81g66hnayl3k0

This Is a one click installer for those who don't want to mess around with folders/files.

[​IMG]

I also included it in my Configuration tool for you:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  18. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    That's pretty great bilago thanks a lot, definitely makes things a lot easier with so many presets.
    Can't thank you enough

19. micronn

micronn Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1GB
    bilago

Can you upload your new version of tool with it?
    Thanks in advance.

20. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    Are you talking about the Config utility? It looks like the OP is updating some files one more time, So I was waiting for him to do that before I set it live.