After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Shimmering is solved if I disable Ultra Texture Hack. What exactly does that option do?

It rains too often, every time I fire up the game it's raining and than the water dries up reeeeeally slow. It might have something to do with the timescale? How can I set that back to default?

The big bug are the wind effects & physics (I also noticed that junk does not fly around anymore). This is supposed to be the Windy City afterall.

2. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    I just succesfully used the mod but lags a lot or stutter it gets like frozen for half second im runing 3x SLI of 780...so well...

i set HIGH inside GAME and went for Ambient OC as Temporal

Runing 2560x1600 Display

I see improvements but game is very unplayable like this :(

3. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

I agree mate.... I drop a lot fps running this on the same settings as 0.7

4. panev

panev Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    This config tool it doesn't work for me. When I click "Apply" -> Security warning popups and I can't do anything after that.

Is there a manual way to install the patch?

5. Shinigami_Kiba

Shinigami_Kiba Member

GPU:
    GeForce MSI NX7800GTX 256MB
    Quick Impressions:
    THE MOD WORKS AMAZINGLY WELL! Setting the bloom to low is everything I wanted, colors, textures, lighting, it's PERFECT!

I spoke too soon earlier and I shouldn't have commented before trying it out for myself.
    I really appreciate this mod

works beautifully on unpatched Watch Dogs
    I tried it with both texture fix off and on, I personally have no problems with the default textures but I turned the fix on for just in case

6. flexinho

flexinho Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3060 Ti 8G
    The most important things to fix are the influence of wind to the trees and to Aiden's clothes, because that destroys the immersion a lot. Also the raindrops does's get influenced by lightsources, like in version 0.7.

P.S.: The animation when Aiden dies and the picture zoomed out from his smartphone to gameplay also needs to come back.

P.P.S: I don't have a path.dat in my data_win64 folder, but a patch.dat, which is over 1GB big. Is that a misspelling? Do The Worse mean patch not path?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  7. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    bro i posted that above :)

you will need this i have all security disabled and it ask in background to authorize...this makes the magic

create this value on reg if you dont have it

go to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3

1806 REG_DWORD
    (valor 0=permitido; valor 1=preguntar; valor 3=prohibido)

0 = allow
    1 = ask (def)
    3 = dont allow

8. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    in game bloom bud ? im very confused on what to set

9. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    UPDATE: I'M GOING TO CAREFULLY TEST EVERY SETTING AND EVERY CHANGE SO PROBLEMS AND BUGS SHOULD BE FIXED OR REDUCED FOR NEXT RELEASES.

I think i should call the next version 0.9 directly as it'll fix stuff like the wind and animations. Expected time : 24 hours.

HOTFIX INSTALLATION WILL BE VERY SIMPLE, JUST REPLACE THE FILES INSIDE THE CONFIGURATOR TOOL FOLDER.

10. pingchecker

pingchecker Guest

GPU:
    evga 780 ti 3 gb
    TheWorse Please post this on main forum, because games are screwed up right now and I and going to do a guide on how to install this.

Step 1. Open control panel, and click Internet Options. Click Security tab. Click Custom Level. Find "Launching applications and unsafe files" - ENABLE it - press ok. I don't think you have to restart computer. TheWorst can edit this if he wants.

Step 2. Not sure if you still need to do this, but Go to Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\(long number)\ Edit the file GamerProfile.xml --- and where it says Quality="_runtime" , change the runtime to ultra, make it read only and then when you enter game you can mess with your settings.

Step 3. Download the mod on the first page of this forum https://mega.co.nz/#!50NzxBTI!J79RcJ...QZCqhJAs80BLy0

Step 4. Go to you steam directory, where ever it is and find steamapps\common\Watch_Dogs\data_win64\

Step 5. Delete patch.dat, and patch.fat

Step 6. Load up steam and right click Watch Dogs, and click properties. Click the tab that says Local Files. Then click Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This will download the actual patch by ubisoft. When that is done see step 7.

Step 7. Now that mod you downloaded. Open the directory, and file - watchdogs 0.8\TheWorse Mod 0.8 + MalDo Config Tool v1\WDT_Data\config\WDTConfig.cfg\

Step 8. Just edit that file like TheWorst posted on the first page. Place your Game_Path For example Game_Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Watch_Dogs\

Step 9. Now you can finally run the WDTool.exe - you will know its working if you see a black Command Prompt Window come up. Patch will be installed when the window disappears. Took about 1 min for me. Might be more for you if you have a slower computer.

Thanks to all the guys who worked on this Mod. Can't wait for the next version. Just hope this guide help people out. Feel free to edit it and post it on front page if you want.

Peace

11. Shinigami_Kiba

Shinigami_Kiba Member

GPU:
    GeForce MSI NX7800GTX 256MB
    I personally prefer the way bloom looks when its intensity in the mod app is set to low, it's the type of bloom 0.6 used.
    It basically makes the bloom more focused around the illuminated parts of objects or lights rather than all spread out.

12. Patòz

Patòz Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 Classified
    What does KEEP THE COLORGRADING ON mean? (I'm such a noob :))

13. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Can we get a better host that mega keeps failing at 97%

14. toxzl1

toxzl1 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 390X Strix
    how do i install the sweetfx preset?

15. Sinji

Sinji Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    SweetFX preset (turned off vignette and border):
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1785/

alternative SweetFX presets:
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/572/

1920x1080, MSAA 4X (temporal SMAA for more FPS. Don't use MSAA 2X, it's a waste of recources for what you get)
    I play with everything maxed out, vcsync off, GPU frame buffer 3.

16. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Test theworse0.8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
  18. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    This excellent version 0.8 + Textures Maldo, only bad thing I see more stuttering, up and down graphics options and follow the stuttering, good job, I hope Ubisoft finally solve this problem. (sorry for my bad english) Thank you for everything you are working.

19. sulleyboo0

sulleyboo0 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780ti SLI
    And no one is forcing to stick your nose in none-of-your-business stuff.

20. Sinji

Sinji Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.